Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 11:14 AM
Cannot control / set up Traps, Holes, Floor Switches!
Hi.

In my game, I can control / set up all tomb items without any problems; however, ctrl-shift-c clicking on traps (wall and floor), holes (wall and floor) and floor switches doesn't show any options at all!

I consulted several tomb-building tutorials in order to get everything right concerning the right order of setting up tomb items or any other subjects that need to be taken into consideration. Naturally, I followed all instructions to the letter. Nevertheless, none of the above mentioned items can be set up.

Is there anything else to be considered apart from the correct order of placing and setting up items? The tutorials and help sites I consulted are Wiki, simsresource (as far as available), beyondsims, carl-sims-3-guide and modthesims. There are absolutely no hints as to non-working ctrl-shift-c clicks or that items might not be set up "if" ...

Please help me with this issue. Thanks a lot!

Heike
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 12:09 PM
Did you actually do:

"Ctrl-Shift-C" then clicking on object,

or did you do:

"hold Ctrl-Shift while clicking on object"

??

Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody. And I'm trying to make something wonderful for The Sims 3.
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#3 Old 1st Feb 2015 at 6:21 PM
Heike, I'm not quite sure what you're after. Ctrl-Shift-C opens the console to type in commands. If you want to access the build interactions of objects, you need to hold Shift and then click on the object (IIRC) while in build mode.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman