Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 10:08 PM
MAC Mod Conflict Detector?
Hi there, with the recent update I am having a lot of issues with my game. I have a mac, and conflict detector is only for PC. I have like, 4,300 cc files, so just "going through them" isn't exactly an option for me.
Anybody know of a program similar to Conflict Detector for Mac?

Also, I have gone through and disabled all my script mods, and have looked at all the forums and articles about broken mods from the toddler update, and I no longer have them.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 2nd Feb 2017 at 12:25 AM
I'm having the same problem. I've been trying to figure it out for weeks but no program is working.
Test Subject
#3 Old 8th Mar 2017 at 1:23 AM
Default Solved?
Quote: Originally posted by ghostofaaron
Hi there, with the recent update I am having a lot of issues with my game. I have a mac, and conflict detector is only for PC. I have like, 4,300 cc files, so just "going through them" isn't exactly an option for me.
Anybody know of a program similar to Conflict Detector for Mac?

Also, I have gone through and disabled all my script mods, and have looked at all the forums and articles about broken mods from the toddler update, and I no longer have them.

Did you ever find a working one for Mac? I'm in need of one myself and can't find anything. Yesterday I dumped out my CC/Mod Folder and started from scratch with everything up to date and played my game for a couple of hours, then when I started to play today I keep having getting loading screens that never end. I had to close my game multiple times but I don't know what's causing it. Would really appreciate it if you could help me out, assuming you found a conflict detector that works.
Test Subject
#4 Old 14th Apr 2017 at 1:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Poochiefoof
Did you ever find a working one for Mac? I'm in need of one myself and can't find anything. Yesterday I dumped out my CC/Mod Folder and started from scratch with everything up to date and played my game for a couple of hours, then when I started to play today I keep having getting loading screens that never end. I had to close my game multiple times but I don't know what's causing it. Would really appreciate it if you could help me out, assuming you found a conflict detector that works.

Im having the same issue have you or anyone else found a solution . I reset my whole game and added CC little by little and it was working perfectly fine but then I got off and got back on it started acting up again with this never ending loading screen.
Test Subject
#5 Old 16th Apr 2017 at 8:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Poochiefoof

I'm having this exact problem as well, and have several cc files I KNOW need to come out but can't find the exact package that is the issue as it's from a collection of 200.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 5:13 AM
I am trying to figure out how to open the mod conflict detector using Winebottler, but so far nothing is working. ðŸ˜*ðŸ˜*ðŸ˜*ðŸ˜*
Test Subject
#7 Old 13th Jul 2017 at 8:14 PM
Hi!

I'm have the EXACT same problem. I had to scrub my mods folder two times because there's no program for a mac computer to use. Now for the third time I have bad cc installed and going through it isn't a option. I think I have more than 6000 cc files or so.

I tried to use wine but it still doesn't work.
Test Subject
#8 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 2:18 PM
I have found my people!

Apparently, there is a solution in the form of S4S for MAC, called Appletini. After registering with the S4S blog it's free for download right here:

http://sims4studio.com/thread/6065/...etini-open-beta

Since us MAC gamers are a rare breed, this is a work in progress and made by fellow MAC S4S'ers, ergo, updates are scarce and bugs are plenty.
Word on the streets is you can go trough your CC folder and it shows you the selected item on your sim and a thumbnail preview. Doesn't look good? Throw it out!
This does mean you'll still have to scroll through all your CC but it's better than Google image searching all your CC file names in hopes of remembering if you've seen the item in CAS or not (the struggle is way too real).

Side note, minimum requirement is El Capitain (10.11), due to a serious issue with my HD I have not yet dared to update my OS (stuck on 10.10), thus haven't been able to test this theory myself.
Sharing is caring though and would love to find out if this works for any of you!

<333
Test Subject
#9 Old 12th Aug 2017 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chickwithamission
I have found my people!

Apparently, there is a solution in the form of S4S for MAC, called Appletini. After registering with the S4S blog it's free for download right here:

http://sims4studio.com/thread/6065/...etini-open-beta

Since us MAC gamers are a rare breed, this is a work in progress and made by fellow MAC S4S'ers, ergo, updates are scarce and bugs are plenty.
Word on the streets is you can go trough your CC folder and it shows you the selected item on your sim and a thumbnail preview. Doesn't look good? Throw it out!
This does mean you'll still have to scroll through all your CC but it's better than Google image searching all your CC file names in hopes of remembering if you've seen the item in CAS or not (the struggle is way too real).

Side note, minimum requirement is El Capitain (10.11), due to a serious issue with my HD I have not yet dared to update my OS (stuck on 10.10), thus haven't been able to test this theory myself.
Sharing is caring though and would love to find out if this works for any of you!

<333

Thank you so much!! I'm updating to 10.12.06 right away I'll let you know if it works for me.
Test Subject
#10 Old 13th Aug 2017 at 6:40 PM
I run it no issues through VirtualBox with Windows 10 in the VM, version ModConflictDetector9063 works great, have not tried the V2 yet.

Well just tried V2 and it does not work, so sticking with the last V1.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by twmuse
I run it no issues through VirtualBox with Windows 10 in the VM, version ModConflictDetector9063 works great, have not tried the V2 yet.

Well just tried V2 and it does not work, so sticking with the last V1.

I have no idea what you said. lol