Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th May 2018 at 8:24 PM
Where do You find custom made sims in-game?
I fell like such a newb for asking this, but where in the game do I find custom made sims I downloaded? I am talking about sims you download than place their tray files in the tray folder?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 15th May 2018 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Adamoadam
I fell like such a newb for asking this, but where in the game do I find custom made sims I downloaded? I am talking about sims you download than place their tray files in the tray folder?

You will find them in-game in the gallery. When you are playing the game, you click on the upper right hand corner (it looks kinda like a polaroid icon) and look at the gallery. Once you open the gallery, on the left hand side are options to change the parameters of your search - make sure you check "show custom content". This should ensure your sim comes up. A custom made sim with custom content will not show up properly unless you have all the content in your mods folder to go with the tray files in your tray folder. If it is a custom sim with no custom content it should show up fine.

The exception to this is: the dreaded red "x". If you download something and you don't have a complete set of tray files, your lot, household or room will not show up. Aaaaaand, you cannot delete it from the gallery.
A helpful download for you would be the sims tray importer. It is amazing https://luniversims.com/files/file/...-tray-importer/.

When you are not playing your game, you can use this program to see any *SAVED* items in your tray folder, with their custom content. It can help you weed out bad content, missing meshes and more, as well as help you delete all the tray files from your game if need be.

Please ask questions - ask away!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th May 2018 at 10:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chicvibe
You will find them in-game in the gallery. When you are playing the game, you click on the upper right hand corner (it looks kinda like a polaroid icon) and look at the gallery. Once you open the gallery, on the left hand side are options to change the parameters of your search - make sure you check "show custom content". This should ensure your sim comes up. A custom made sim with custom content will not show up properly unless you have all the content in your mods folder to go with the tray files in your tray folder. If it is a custom sim with no custom content it should show up fine.

The exception to this is: the dreaded red "x". If you download something and you don't have a complete set of tray files, your lot, household or room will not show up. Aaaaaand, you cannot delete it from the gallery.
A helpful download for you would be the sims tray importer. It is amazing https://luniversims.com/files/file/...-tray-importer/.

When you are not playing your game, you can use this program to see any *SAVED* items in your tray folder, with their custom content. It can help you weed out bad content, missing meshes and more, as well as help you delete all the tray files from your game if need be.

Please ask questions - ask away!

Thank you for the help!
Now where would i find the sim I downloaded from a tumblr? In households?
Forum Resident
#4 Old 17th May 2018 at 5:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Adamoadam
Thank you for the help!
Now where would i find the sim I downloaded from a tumblr? In households?

Yes - you would (as long as you have all the tray files in the tray folder) go into your game and look at your gallery. If your sim is made with custom content, you must have that custom content (hair, lipsticks, clothes, etc) in your mods folder in order for that sim to look like they did when you downloaded them.

Alternately, if the person has provided you with their creator id# you can look at downloads within the gallery (as long as you are connected to the internet) and search that way.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th May 2018 at 11:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chicvibe
Yes - you would (as long as you have all the tray files in the tray folder) go into your game and look at your gallery. If your sim is made with custom content, you must have that custom content (hair, lipsticks, clothes, etc) in your mods folder in order for that sim to look like they did when you downloaded them.

Alternately, if the person has provided you with their creator id# you can look at downloads within the gallery (as long as you are connected to the internet) and search that way.

Ok, I get it now. Thank you!