Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 8:21 PM Last edited by Marjia : 22nd Jun 2015 at 7:39 PM.
Default Bathing in Clothes
since the patch, my sims take a bath with clothes on. They seem to be random outfits. does this have something to do with hot tubs, i didn't buy the game pack, been thinking about it. if so, would it help to buy the game pack or just wait for someone to fix it?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 9:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Marjia
since the patch, my sims take a bath with clothes on. They seem to be random swimwear outfits. does this have something to do with hot tubs, i didn't buy the game pack, been thinking about it. if so, would it help to buy the game pack or just wait for someone to fix it?

I have the game pack and my female sims sometimes get in the shower or the hot tub in underwear. Sometimes they don't though. I know a lot of us with this issue are checking our CC and mods who use them, but there is a chance it is just another EA glitch.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 7:09 AM Last edited by Marjia : 22nd Jun 2015 at 7:28 AM.
been going through my mods trying to figure out if it's me. I hate to remove the mods folder anymore for testing, all my sims forget what they were wearing when i put it back and townies are running around with no hair or missing items of clothing. I think it may have been naked woohoo mod, just updated it and it seems to work again, but it's an intermittent problem, so hard to tell.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 7:33 AM
I have had this problem from the start. I use this mod, http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=541770, to solve the problem.
Scholar
#5 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 7:42 AM
I have noticed as a general rule of thumb the clothes they are showering in are the ones causing the problem. If you save a sim to your library that is having the issue and then use a program called the Sims 4 CC tracker, you should be able to solve the problem.

When using the cc tracker you will get to see the file names of all cc that the sim has, that way you can easily find the cc in your mods folder and delete it.

I do not think it is a game glitch as my game is fully patched and I am not having problems. It will either be a mod or faulty cc. My Sims have only ever showered in clothes when I have downloaded clothes that have accidently been set as naked when the creatory made the clothing.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 6:31 PM
I just went content hunting to see i I could find CC that was causing Sims to shower with clothes on. Well after long hours and a seemingly endless search I decided to take my mods folder out and empty my "cache files" and delete my "localthumbscache". I ran the Sims 4 in virgin status and low and behold the Sims are still showering with clothes on. So I tried removing all the files from Mydocuments and started up Sims 4 to generate new folder and files same thing so it would seem this is a EA issue or an attempt to stop nudity in the game which you cannot see anyway because of the pixel barrier. I am a bit frustrated that I paid good money for the Sims 4 and expansions and this happens. Please EA I have been a Sims fan since Sims 1 and would like a fix for this please....

"In the game of Life". It is better to aim at something and risk a miss, than it is to aim at nothing and hit.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 7:39 PM
oh it's them, not us.. ok I downloaded the sims4 cc tracker but haven't tried it yet. it does seem like when they shower with clothes on they're wearing mods but i have 683 mods running. lol
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 23rd Jun 2015 at 6:38 AM
it's only the females and they put on the top item in the clothing cas, that is the number 1 item in tops and number 1 in bottoms. must not be able to find the default for nude female so it puts the first item on the list for top and bottom wear. males don't seem to have this problem. i hope it's not another 3 months to get this fixed like door knocking was. sigh..... I bought the patio pack to see what happened in the hot tub and when i hit skinny dip, she put on the same clothes she wears in the shower. wish i knew for sure whether it's my fault the game is broken or if it's EA's problem.
Deceased
#9 Old 23rd Jun 2015 at 8:41 AM
wish i knew for sure whether it's my fault the game is broken or if it's EA's problem.

Well, with as much CC as you have it's quite likely a bad clothing item -- but I have (rarely) seen this happen in my game without poorly tagged CC, usually limited to just one household and using outfit copy to copy another sim's bathing outfit has always straightened it out.
Scholar
#10 Old 23rd Jun 2015 at 12:09 PM
It may as Scumbumbo said be a fault with the family. I have had this happen once but it was after I removed pyjamas that they were showering in. They just continued to shower in bra and undies. It was only the one family. I fixed it by moving them out into another house. I completely forgot about that until I read Scumbumbo's reply

My game is fully patched with all game expansions and stuff packs installed. My sims are showering naked with the no mosaic mod installed.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 23rd Jun 2015 at 9:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FLChicago
I have had this problem from the start. I use this mod, http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=541770, to solve the problem.

Thank you for this, I knew it existed but when it first came out I didn't need it and eventually I forgot about it. It, along with the mc command center got my Sims back in their birthday suits while bathing. It's one thing to bath in a swimsuit, which was mostly what the women were doing, but the guys started bathing in everything from Luxury Pack party suits, and one even bathed in an Alien outfit, and he's not an alien. Totally ridic!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 26th Jun 2015 at 3:52 AM
I deleted the outfit (thanks to the sims 4 cc tracker for figuring out the name of it}. now she bathes in her underwear.
Scholar
#13 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 1:55 PM
I deleted the outfit (thanks to the sims 4 cc tracker for figuring out the name of it}. now she bathes in her underwear.

Can you try moving them into another house? That fixed it for me.... After I deleted faulty CC my lady bathed in her underwear. I moved houses and issue was fixed. If that does not work try using the copy outfit modposted by FLChicago in a post earlier....
Test Subject
#14 Old 30th Jun 2015 at 6:03 PM
where can i get the sims 4 cc tracker?
Field Researcher
#15 Old 30th Jun 2015 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babydoll30
where can i get the sims 4 cc tracker?

http://simscommunity.info/2014/12/04/sims-4-cc-tracker/

Google is very helpful
Test Subject
#16 Old 30th Jun 2015 at 8:33 PM
how do I get the http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=541770 to work I don't understand it I press Ctrl+Alt+C and then put in outfit.copy but I don't know how to make the code work with my sims for bathing without clothes plz help
Scholar
#17 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 2:04 AM
how do I get the http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=541770 to work I don't understand it I press Ctrl+Alt+C and then put in outfit.copy but I don't know how to make the code work with my sims for bathing without clothes plz help

Read the instructions that are on the page with the tracker download.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 5:17 AM

Step 1. Create a nude outfit for your sim in CAS. I usually use a sleeping outfit, say a 2nd sleeping outfit. Nude top, nude bottom, no shoes or accesories. Exit CAS.

Step 2. Ctrl+Shift+C, type testingcheats on , then outfit.copy sl 2 b 1 . You should get the response that the sleeping outfit was copied to bathing 1.

Step 3. Have your sim take a shower to verify they are doing so nude. If so, you can delete the extra sleeping outfit.
Smeg Head
#19 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 12:47 PM
Further to this glitch, I can report two other effects that have got to be due to Maxis making changes with the most recent patch and Perfect Patio stuff that actually causes CC clothing to do this.

1. During all this time since the release of Sims 4, I only ever downloaded one item of CC clothing for male sims. It was a sassy pair of metallic silver underwear with various icon prints of things like a love heart or a shamrock. In my game, never once in all this time have my male sims suffered the wearing CC when naked glitch. Not until last patch. Now. because of that underwear CC, all males wear bottoms in the shower. Maxis did this, not the CC creator.

2. Due to my high volume of female CC clothing, female sims have had the clothing when naked glitch pretty much since the get go. I suspected it was due to CC being accidently flagged for naked by the creator. Cannot praise Scumbumbo enough for the clothing tool to fix the mess. However, recently I used Sims 4 Studio to successfully set all my CC stuff to be unselected for random. None of it gets used unless by myself directly. However, in a new neighborhood with complete new sims, female sims are now wearing pure Maxis clothing in shower, CC is just not available to them. And the most recent development that highlights it's a Maxis fault beyond anything I've seen so far, is to do with female teens. Yes they wear Maxis clothing the first time they jump in the shower, that I'm well used to, but even after I fix this with Scumbumbo's clothing tool, as soon as I assign the teen girls a part-time job, they get a work uniform AND the game only goes and forces more clothing again on their bathing (naked) wear. WTF Maxis?! That's definitely your doing, no CC creators at fault here.
Scholar
#20 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 2:40 AM
It must have something to do with your game files. I have just started a new game, am patched fully with Deluxe version and all game addons including Patio Stuff. I have a ton of CC and Mods and my new game is not doing anything of what you are describing.
I would suggest you have a glitch in your game files or CC as I can not replicate anything that you are describing.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 11:09 AM
I was able to fix the problem by downloading sims4 studio and running a utility that cleared it up. nothing else worked. even with mods removed my new sims created since the newcrest patch came out were bathing in clothes.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 11:11 AM
I was able to fix the problem by downloading sims4 studio and running a utility that cleared it up. nothing else worked. even with mods removed my new sims created since the newcrest patch came out were bathing in clothes. this fixed it. here are the instructions. http://sims4studio.com/thread/1658/...ems-sims-shower
Smeg Head
#23 Old 2nd Jul 2015 at 2:36 PM
@Marjia - Eureka!!! I knew Sims4 Studio would get it in the end. Last week when I did the S4S not selectable for random change, I felt certain a final fix for the clothing when naked glitch had to be in there somewhere. Thank you for linking to the next obvious step. And thanks S4S for giving us the next obvious step. I've just run the CC through the S4S code you provided, and I'm looking forward to seeing true naked sims next time I jump into game, the next time they jump into the shower...

@mummy_001, might I ask, do you use the IceM "Time Speed Changer" mod? You say you have none of the same problems in your game as mentioned here. and also in a couple of other threads, and I'm just trying to narrow it down as to what is problematic in my own game. I fear the IceM mod I mentioned may be the source of a few conflicts I'm having. I am very strict with all mods for their compatibility and updated status, but this is the one mod I have been too forgiving with, (Knowing it is not in the best shape it can be in for latest patches.) simply as I cannot play the Maxis speed of game without it. I just cannot enjoy the game at Maxis default speed. It's frikking awful. It would be nice to know if you don't use this mod then it may explain a few things.
Scholar
#24 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 11:30 PM
@coolspear1

No I don't use any time change mods... Yes the EA default speeds are so frustrating but I can not be bothered with all the issues people seem to have with speed mods. I will wait patiently for EA to fix this....LOL I might be waiting a while.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 7th Jul 2015 at 6:26 AM
I have had this trouble with a couple of households. My Sims are showering in game outfits (One in career, and the other in a bear suit, which would be amusing if I knew how to fix it) that neither is assigned through a career path. I did the usual. I removed all mods. I ran a test Sim in a new house, and the showering was back to normal. I then reinstalled the lot in question, and the bear suit was back! I can actually live with it, as the Sims were created painstakingly, and the lot is pretty darn near perfect. I don't even generally glimpse them in the shower, but I know from experience that a glitch usually has a snowball effect, and with hottubs coming I can see the nude thing being a frustration. I ran the batch fix through Sims 4 Studio, and I downloaded the outfit copy tool, and will attempt to use that. I read the instructions on Sims 4 Studio and realize that fixing custom content doesn't address my problem. I was wondering if anyone knows of a way to do that same fix for game outfits like the ones that are attaching themselves to my Sims, as that would seem to be the best all around fix. Thanks!
Page 1 of 2