Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#126 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 2:43 AM
Okay. After Reviewing the information shared in this thread, and comparing it to see if i have to same problems, I have reached the point where I feel like I should ask for help.
I have placed all of the files in their correct spots and when I start TSM it gets past the intro and then it refuses to load, and I get a message saying it has stopped working and prompts me to close the program.

I can't determine what I am doing wrong. Any help is appreciated.
Advertisement
Scholar
#127 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 2:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PrinceGrimzy
Okay. After Reviewing the information shared in this thread, and comparing it to see if i have to same problems, I have reached the point where I feel like I should ask for help.
I have placed all of the files in their correct spots and when I start TSM it gets past the intro and then it refuses to load, and I get a message saying it has stopped working and prompts me to close the program.

I can't determine what I am doing wrong. Any help is appreciated.

It sounds like one of your installed mods is causing your problem?
Try removing your mods, and if you can get it to load, then you should try gradually adding the mods you want back in to determine which one is causing the problem.
It might be that the mod is out of date, or it's for use with the EP and you only have the base game, or it's corrupted, or conflicting with another mod.

Hope you can get it working
Test Subject
#128 Old 23rd Mar 2012 at 9:20 PM
Okay, so.

I've put everything where it's supposed to be, followed the instructions in the first post and also looked through this whole thread. It seems like the game won't load correctly while I have the .dll file in the game/bin-folder, so there's nothing much to do there. I have tried to add in the editor to (hopefully) fix the blue eyes issue but it doesn't seem to want to cooperate at the moment. Don't really know what I'm doing wrong here. :P

One thing I've been thinking about while reading this thread though - Am i supposed to edit the resource.cfg-file in any way? Like changing the "*.package" to "whateverfile.package" or anything like that?
Test Subject
#129 Old 31st Mar 2012 at 4:13 AM
Thank you Duck, for starting this thread. It is much appreciated!
Lab Assistant
#130 Old 2nd Apr 2012 at 8:39 PM
Thank you very very much!
Test Subject
#131 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 9:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grimreefer24601
I can't make this any easier.

Download the attached zip file and extract it's contents into your Sims Medieval directory.

I've used mods before on the other sims, this is my first time using it for P&N. I've done everything as instructed. I've downloaded everything separately, I've downloaded this file, I've placed everything in the correct place, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the mods and I get the same issue where the loading screen only loads two thirds of the way. It stops loading but the game still seems to try to be loading.

All files are where they're supposed to be, does anyone know what's causing this?
Scholar
#132 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 2:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fragileguilt
I've used mods before on the other sims, this is my first time using it for P&N. I've done everything as instructed. I've downloaded everything separately, I've downloaded this file, I've placed everything in the correct place, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the mods and I get the same issue where the loading screen only loads two thirds of the way. It stops loading but the game still seems to try to be loading.

All files are where they're supposed to be, does anyone know what's causing this?

If you're absolutely sure everything is in the right place, perhaps you have a mod that's out of date and doesn't work with P&N.
Does it load ok when you remove all the mods?
Test Subject
#133 Old 23rd Apr 2012 at 7:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
If you're absolutely sure everything is in the right place, perhaps you have a mod that's out of date and doesn't work with P&N.
Does it load ok when you remove all the mods?

That may be it then. Because it loads fine without them. But I downloaded what everyone else downloaded :-(

Thanks <3
Scholar
#134 Old 25th Apr 2012 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fragileguilt
That may be it then. Because it loads fine without them. But I downloaded what everyone else downloaded :-(

Thanks <3

If you load your mods back in gradually to find out which one is causing your problem. It may be that the mod doesn't work with P&N and you'll have to download the updated P&N version, there were some that never got upgraded to work with P&N, or it could be that you have a mod conflicting with another mod.
Post here to let us know when you find out which one is causing the problem. We might be able to point you in the direction of where to get a working version of it etc.
Test Subject
#135 Old 3rd May 2012 at 5:37 AM
the packages aren't showing up... I already have the mods folder with the packages folder in it. I'm a newbie at these stuff, so I dunno what I'm doing wrong.
Test Subject
#136 Old 3rd May 2012 at 6:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by zm_demigoddess
the packages aren't showing up... I already have the mods folder with the packages folder in it. I'm a newbie at these stuff, so I dunno what I'm doing wrong.

I mean, I already put the resources.cfg in...
Scholar
#137 Old 3rd May 2012 at 8:22 AM
I mean, I already put the resources.cfg in...

Do you mean that you put the resource.cfg inside the packages folder?
If so it's in the wrong place. It should be in the 'The Sims Medieval' folder.
Test Subject
#138 Old 3rd May 2012 at 10:58 AM
In short, I followed the instructions, but the other packages (the ones with the asterisks) aren't showing...
Scholar
#139 Old 3rd May 2012 at 4:22 PM
In short, I followed the instructions, but the other packages (the ones with the asterisks) aren't showing...

What mods do you have installed?
Test Subject
#140 Old 4th May 2012 at 1:08 AM
None, since I don't know how. Is that just copy-pasting the mod I downloaded?
Test Subject
#141 Old 4th May 2012 at 6:01 AM
Never mind, I know how it works now. Thanks anyway!
Test Subject
#142 Old 5th May 2012 at 6:31 AM
Default Thank you so very much. I have been looking for instruction for some time because “m
:lovestruc
Quote: Originally posted by Rockerduck
Hiya y'all,

I noticed there seems to be a lot of confusion on how to successfully enable testingcheats or load mods for TSM so I blatantly copied some info in an attempt to help beginners to get everything to work properly. I hope this is useful to anyone.

First steps:

1) Patch your game. Rick's Debug Enabler does not work with the unpatched game.
2) Set up your Mod folder. To do this, open your TSM installation folder and create a new folder named "Mods". Important: Mods do not (as of yet) work in the \My Documents\ folder where TSM saves some data, so be absolutely certain to go to your installation folder!
Now create a new folder within the "Mods" folder called "Packages".
3) Now you need to add a resources.cfg file to your main TSM install folder, so the game knows you have mods and where to look for them. It is basically a text file that serves the same function it did in TS3 and contains the following:

4) Now you're all set up! This will load most of the current TSM mods. Put the *.package files into your Mods\Packages\ directory. You can use subfolders if you like. Subfolders will not work if your resource.cfg does only contain PackedFile Mods/Packages/*.package! Some Mods will create subfolders when you unzip them. If they do not show up or work this may be the reason why!

5) If you want to use Rick's Debug Enabler and/or TSM's testing cheats you will need to enable TestingCheatsEnabled as described in this post in order to enable the debug commands.

6) Script Mods will require d3dx9_31.dll to work. Chances are you're going to need this in the future as more Mods are made. d3dx9_31.dll goes into your \TSM Install Folder\Game\Bin directory.
Test Subject
#143 Old 5th May 2012 at 6:31 AM
Thank you so very much. I have been looking for instruction for some time because “mods” were not working in the game. I am so glad that these insruction are so thorough and simple. Thanks again and agan. Thank you so much my mod is now working. Thanks I appreciate it.
Test Subject
#144 Old 8th May 2012 at 4:22 AM
o_O I still don't get it.
when I did this and put the mod inside the mods/packages folder.
in it still does not work?
Am I doing something wrong
or not?
Scholar
#145 Old 8th May 2012 at 12:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mineit
o_O I still don't get it.
when I did this and put the mod inside the mods/packages folder.
in it still does not work?
Am I doing something wrong
or not?

Which mod? If it's 'Carrigon's Village Shop Tweaks' (I saw your other post) that mod no longer works with P&N, or if you're fully patched for the base game. Do you have any other mods in?
Test Subject
#146 Old 8th May 2012 at 9:52 PM
nope just that
Test Subject
#147 Old 8th May 2012 at 9:58 PM
OH nvm going to wait the new patch I guess
Test Subject
#148 Old 9th May 2012 at 12:54 AM
I mean update
Test Subject
#149 Old 9th May 2012 at 4:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
Which mod? If it's 'Carrigon's Village Shop Tweaks' (I saw your other post) that mod no longer works with P&N, or if you're fully patched for the base game. Do you have any other mods in?
Nvm All I have to do is uninstall the TSM and did the updates slowly and it worked :D
Test Subject
#150 Old 15th May 2012 at 3:38 AM
Does this work for pirates and nobles, and can you help me how to mod with pirates and nobles?
Page 6 of 13