Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#2026 Old 13th Jul 2014 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheFlyingRaccoon
Yes, it's quite amusing to play. The newest thing is animations that don't work like they're supposed to. I had sims standing inside the house, tending the plants in the garden somwhere behind the house. Or Ion washing his little one in the sink while he is floating in midair behind him (see attached picture). I know those things can happen in a none corrupted hood, but not several times in a play session. Let's just say that I keep my fingers crossed that I can finish this round without any major trouble.

As I'm going to start a new hood, I'm building completely new (and roman) houses for my families. But letting them evolve through the generations seem like a pretty neat idea. May keep that in mind for future transitions.

I had similar animation problems! For awhile I also had sims dropping babies randomly or stopping interactions to jump--I discovered that some of my CC was corrupt and on one lot there was a corrupted tombstone/ghost that would cause people to 'get scared' pretty much all the time. In the end I was able to fix it by deleting some CC and removing all my gravestones to graveyards.Now I don't get fright deaths, though
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2027 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 4:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheFlyingRaccoon
Well, I'm using squinge's pregnant sims wear any outfit mod. It allows pregnant sims to wear their normal clothes. The only problem with this is that the 'normal' clothes need to have a pregnant morph otherwise your pregnant sims walk/behave like pregnant sims but you can't see their baby bump. Although, if you are using the neanderthal clothes from MTS you should be fine as they all have pregnant morphs.

I have inteen I can't seem to find any that are compatible with inteen, plus maternity clothes doesn't seem to work for them, so they never look pregnant.
Inventor
#2028 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 6:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Totallyshort
I have inteen I can't seem to find any that are compatible with inteen, plus maternity clothes doesn't seem to work for them, so they never look pregnant.
In regards to the mod, SUPPOSEDLY Squinge's mod will work with inteen, if it loads after inteen does. Or so says a bunch of random sims 2 users. If you want to try it, back up your files first just in case.

In regards to sims looking pregnant, the mesh has to have a pregnancy morph for the sims to look pregnant. A lot of people will put one on thier stuff, but not everyone, even EA, will. Some of my sims waddle around with no discernible belly. Or with half a belly if a top or bottom has a morph and the other doesn't. ~VP

I'll stop being anti-social when the rest of the world quits being idiots!

My Own Website! www.violetpadfootscreations.weebly.com
Test Subject
#2029 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 4:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lbsgirl24
Personally I would have just killed sims until they fit Sorry to hear about having to relocate all your sims it sounds tedious.

Post apocalypse or aliens could work for a cc free alternative.

I agree for my challenge i say 5 couples fall through a misterious time vortex to the prehistoric so it makes seince for them to have normal cloths and the normal stuff in the sims 2 can look like prehistoric time stuff
Field Researcher
#2030 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 6:07 PM
I know that there is a inteen compatible version of squinge's mod out there because I use that one, too. But I don't have the time right now to look for it. As for maternity clothes for teens (if that's what you mean, Totallyshort?) that's not as easy. Teens cannot wear their normal clothes during pregnancy even with Squinge's mod. As far as I remember you can just use those shipped with InTeen. For the one pregnant teen I had in my challenge before deciding I don't want pregnant teens after all (mostly because I changed their life span from 16 to 8 days) I replaced the textures for the base clothes that came with InTeen with more neanderthal-y ones in one of the Inteen packages (don't remember which one). But I sadly can't share this with you as their policy doesn't allow it. Maybe I could see if I still have the textures (even though they're far away from being good :p) if anyone else needs them and knows how to replace textures with SimPe?

Visit My Test of Time Challenge: wordpress & livejournal
Field Researcher
#2031 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 9:07 PM
*delurks again*
Or, just delete the file that contains the Inteen maternity outfits (file D) - if the game can't find the maternity outfits, then they will stay in their regular clothes, and show pregnancy if those outfits have the morphs. This is what I do and it works fine in my game,

simblr
Home of my Kulo Seeri Test of Time and a lot of worldbuilder rambling. You have been warned.
Test Subject
#2032 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 4:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VioletPadfoot
In regards to the mod, SUPPOSEDLY Squinge's mod will work with inteen, if it loads after inteen does. Or so says a bunch of random sims 2 users. If you want to try it, back up your files first just in case.

In regards to sims looking pregnant, the mesh has to have a pregnancy morph for the sims to look pregnant. A lot of people will put one on thier stuff, but not everyone, even EA, will. Some of my sims waddle around with no discernible belly. Or with half a belly if a top or bottom has a morph and the other doesn't. ~VP

I will try that, thanks! I had heard that having pregnancies that don't show can cause the game to crash, but I know that I have clothes with preg morphs that would be more fitting to the neanderthalithic era. Although, I'm almost into roman, so I could just look for roman replacements.

Quote: Originally posted by nuidyaforever
*delurks again*
Or, just delete the file that contains the Inteen maternity outfits (file D) - if the game can't find the maternity outfits, then they will stay in their regular clothes, and show pregnancy if those outfits have the morphs. This is what I do and it works fine in my game,

I might try to do that for teens, or just remove inteen for now. I'm currently aging them up at 9 days, so I don't really need them to be able to get pregnant/married as teens.
Field Researcher
#2033 Old 16th Jul 2014 at 2:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SwallowTail 87
Hey everyone,

I would appreciate it if you would check out the official FB page for AToT. I would like to continue modifying the challenge and eventually release a Sims 4 version (the Sims 3 version isn't mine). The page will be my primary method of updating everyone. That being said, I think it would also be fun to have a communal page where we could share photos, showcase blogs, and spotlight simmers more efficiently.
https://www.facebook.com/SimsAToT?ref=br_tf
Thanks, and Neanderthal on! (although I know everyone is well past that point)
Kelly

Hey- I missed this! Have everyone checked out the facebook page yet? Nice Idea, SwallowTail!

Bread edges.... are the new white meat.
READ the Sparrows Random Legacy Challenge Blog
READ the Sparrows WISHACY Challenge Blog
WATCH the Test of Time Challenge Let's Play! Videos
Field Researcher
#2034 Old 24th Jul 2014 at 8:52 PM
FREE DOWNLOAD OF THE SIMS ULTIMATE COLLECTION THIS MONTH FROM ORIGIN

My sister told me about this and I just did it. Origin is offering a free download of the ENTIRE Sims 2 Collection (all expansions & stuff packs) on their website/app. Just log in with your credentials and go to My Account and Redeem Code. The code is this sentence - I Love The Sims. Hope that works for all of you. I haven't ever had most of the stuff packs and only installed Pets once. Never had Apartment Life or Bon Voyage. This might interfere with downloads (mods and such) so redeem at your own risk.

Check out my Apocalypse Challenge attempt @ ditzyekko.blogspot.com
Test Subject
#2035 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 3:46 PM Last edited by jckgwk : 25th Jul 2014 at 3:59 PM.
I have 1 question, how do you prevent a sim from becoming a plant sim? It drives me crazy calling the matchmacker to buy 10 potions add 600 bucks to the familyfunds and use it everytime they spray their crops. Any way to prevent it other than not spraying a lot?
Field Researcher
#2036 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 5:55 PM
I'd suggest searching on here/googling for a no plantsim mod if you want to get completely rid of them. If not, the only thing I can think off is letting your sims have smaller gardens which reduces the amount of spraying needed and sending them to fish instead.

Visit My Test of Time Challenge: wordpress & livejournal
Inventor
#2037 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 1:18 AM
having ladybug houses will reduce, but not eliminate, the number of bugs so there's less spraying ~VP

I'll stop being anti-social when the rest of the world quits being idiots!

My Own Website! www.violetpadfootscreations.weebly.com
Test Subject
#2038 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 2:03 AM
I found a mod that gets rid of plantsims but i will have ladybug houses just to be safe and make it easier to take care of plants
Field Researcher
#2039 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 2:28 PM
You can also rotate who is the sprayer. Extended exposure to the spray is what makes a plant sim, so I have the adults take turns spraying and when a child can do it, let them until the next child. I think the greenhouse would help too since bugs might not be able to get in. But I don't have greenhouses enough to know if there is a difference or not

Field Researcher
#2040 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 2:30 PM
I came here today to say good-bye. I am uninstalling the games so that I can install the Ultimate Collection that EA gifted everyone. I am losing everything and since I was in the Dark Ages, I am just too devastated to start right back up. I am gonna try something less intense (the Apocalypse probably). I will be back. I really want to finish this challenge, but I need to step back and get a little variety before jumping back in. Good luck all of you. I will see you again hopefully.

Lab Assistant
#2041 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 3:07 PM
DitzyEkko, you simply have to remove your files from Documents/EA games/ SIms 2 to some safe place, uninstall your old games, install UC, run UC once and copy your old files back in place.
As for the plant sims: Children can't be turned into plant sims, so it's pretty safe to have them do the spraying.

Btw, my own newly started ToT challenge neighborhood is pausing too. I'm currently working on a medieval-y hood, but I'm pretty sure I'll be back again playing ToT. ^^
Instructor
#2042 Old 29th Jul 2014 at 9:45 PM
Finally finished writing up the Dark Ages in my play variation document and decided to go ahead and write up the Medieval & Renaissance too, while I was at it. At 16 pages of variation ideas, the end is coming into sight! Thinking up these ideas is fun, but I always underestimate how long it takes me to write it down. Updates document is attached for download, please let me know if anything's unclear!

On the upside, I think I might have figured out a storyline where I won't need CC to play the ToT! *cheers* I might actually spent some time this week setting up and starting a new ToT challenge.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Test of Time Challenge Variation Ideas.zip (27.7 KB, 52 downloads) - View custom content
Test Subject
#2043 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 6:02 PM
Just discovered this challenge and can't wait to start it. I'm going to have to wait thouse, as I am currently in the middle of a good old fashioned Legacy challenge and know myself well enough to know I can start a new challenge untl the end is in sight for the old challenge. I haven't read any of the rule changes people have suggested, but I found myself adding a few of my own just while thinking about the challenge. Can't wait to try it.
Test Subject
#2044 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 4:27 AM
I'm probably going to regret this, but I'm going to try this challenge anyway. Should be interesting, if only because I have a short attention span and never make it past the first generation of my Sims...
Instructor
#2045 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 5:20 AM
Yay new people The challenge is really fun but I find it isn't too bad repetitive wise since every few generations the whole structure of the hood changes. Many of us have shortened the number of generations in each era or plan on skipping over some of the eras to make it quicker. The great thing about this challenge is how versatile and easy to adapt it is. I haven't really had time for my tot sims lately but I hopefully will finish this round soon

Visit my ToT challenge here.
Test Subject
#2046 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 6:03 PM
From what I've seen it looks super fun and the problem I have with living past a single generation is pretty much fixed here as it was in Sims 3. That nothing changed outside my family so the friends my Sims had as kids,would stay kids instead of growing up with me. That being said I've found the CC I wanted to use for my first era and am ready to start ASAP.
Test Subject
#2047 Old 2nd Aug 2014 at 6:20 PM
I'm actually looking foward to this challenge more than tackling the Apocalypse challence (again. Last time my computer died and I hadn't backed up my game in a while and thus lost most of my challenge ). And this seems just....more interesting. Maybe just because it's something I've never tried before. We'll see. I've got about 2 more generations in my legacy challenge before I'm willing to tackle this. It's not the time, I don't mind a 20 generation challenge, just like I don't mind using a lot of Maxis made content, I just have a habit of focusing all my attention on one neighborhood at a time. I'm going to use almost all Maxis made stuff, except fot the toddler outfits. I couldn't help it, I've already gone out and downloaded toddler outfits for the majority of the eras. I'll add and remove them as I need them, but I can't handle any of the regular made toddler outfits for a time era challenge like this.
Test Subject
#2048 Old 4th Aug 2014 at 9:32 PM
I'm obviously going to have great luck with this challenge. The first family I played, my female Sim almost lost the baby three times and alsost died of heatstroke. As for the second family, she miscarried the first day and then died of heatstroke and starvation while pregnant with the second child. I'm now too scared to go back and play the other three families.
Instructor
#2049 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 3:23 AM
Are you playing with the original rules? If so I really suggest building a house for them because it's just too hard otherwise. One of the things I found useful in the first era was using a hot/cold shower mod and having sims drink to cool them down. You really do need to watch to make sure no one overheats. Heatstroke is a massive killer in the first era, good luck with the next few families.

Visit my ToT challenge here.
Lab Assistant
#2050 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 5:37 PM
I recommend MATY's warmthfixes. They reduce the overheating significantly, especially indoors.
Page 82 of 128