Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Door Locks for TS4 - Version 3c

by scumbumbo Posted 7th Apr 2015 at 8:55 AM - Updated 19th Aug 2018 at 9:36 PM by scumbumbo : Updated for Dec 4, 2015 game patch

1070 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 552 Feedback Posts, 517 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 20 of 43
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#476 Old 22nd Apr 2015 at 12:07 AM
"You the real MVP"
Lab Assistant
#477 Old 22nd Apr 2015 at 1:46 AM Last edited by An_dz : 22nd Apr 2015 at 1:47 AM. Reason: typo in STBL
Here's an updated STBL for Brazilian Portuguese since it had translation errors, wrong grammar and inconsistencies.
Also attaching the STBLs for the bathroom addon.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  pt-br.7z (792 Bytes, 12 downloads)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#478 Old 22nd Apr 2015 at 10:34 AM
I have the first version of this mod and I wanted to download the second verson and the bathroom doors, but there's a note that says only download one of them. Does that mean v2 has the bathroom door mod and the bathroom door mod has the v2 in it? Also Thank you so much for this mod it is so awesome!
Lab Assistant
#479 Old 22nd Apr 2015 at 6:27 PM
Very good mod which I have been waiting for. Is there any way you could make a filter on it to let just one sim or named sims into a room? For example. just me or just named sims. Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#480 Old 22nd Apr 2015 at 9:38 PM
Thank you soooo much, this has been one of my main complaints about what's missing from TS4, great job :)
Test Subject
#481 Old 23rd Apr 2015 at 4:42 AM
Hi,

The mod does not work even after you delete and add doors...
Deceased
Original Poster
#482 Old 23rd Apr 2015 at 5:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by animeaj
I have the first version of this mod and I wanted to download the second verson and the bathroom doors, but there's a note that says only download one of them. Does that mean v2 has the bathroom door mod and the bathroom door mod has the v2 in it? Also Thank you so much for this mod it is so awesome!
You'll need to download both the bathroom doors and the door locks v2. Bathroom doors are just an add-on - the full functionality for them is in the mod already they're basically just a door recolor of sorts.
Deceased
Original Poster
#483 Old 23rd Apr 2015 at 5:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vrips
The mod does not work even after you delete and add doors...

Sorry the fix wasn't that easy... I'm trying to get a copy of a bad save game from someone who I'm 100% sure has the mod installed properly, maybe if it fails on my PC too I can figure out what's wrong and make some kind of fix.

If you're sure it's installed right, you could test by trying a different save if you have one, or failing that backup your save game to a different folder and start a game from scratch and see if they work. Might even work on a just a pristine lot in your existing save game, I'm just not sure why it's failing for some...

Any feedback from anyone with the issue who's sure the mod is installed right (not just "think" they're certain, but have used combined script/package mods before and are familiar with them, e.g. Mega Pregnancy Mod) and is having issues with certain locks is very much appreciated.
Deceased
Original Poster
#484 Old 23rd Apr 2015 at 5:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MrsPuddleduck
Very good mod which I have been waiting for. Is there any way you could make a filter on it to let just one sim or named sims into a room? For example. just me or just named sims. Thanks

This IS being worked on and I made my first breakthrough for it last night, but it will be some time yet. I just have limited time and other mods to attend to. Just finished up an update of another one of DrChillgood's mods (he retired from modding TS4) and I'm testing that tonight.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#485 Old 23rd Apr 2015 at 11:55 AM
Thanks a lot, a huge bunch of thanks! for this mod and also for all the great mods you have made for us, I think I have all of them, you made the miracle! the game is somehow playable for me thanks to you.
Test Subject
#486 Old 23rd Apr 2015 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
You'll need to download both the bathroom doors and the door locks v2. Bathroom doors are just an add-on - the full functionality for them is in the mod already they're basically just a door recolor of sorts.

Thank you very much!!!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#487 Old 24th Apr 2015 at 3:54 PM
That's what I want!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#488 Old 24th Apr 2015 at 11:27 PM
Awesome, thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#489 Old 25th Apr 2015 at 4:34 AM
Thank you for this! I especially love its application on retail lots. I'm thrilled to hear that you're working on a future update that allows Sims to lock a door for specific Sims. I am looking forward to being able to assign rooms in a house with multiple couples.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#490 Old 25th Apr 2015 at 1:43 PM
THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#491 Old 25th Apr 2015 at 8:19 PM
I downloaded the mod and i can "lock" the doors, but the sims that i locked the doors to can still walk through the doors??
Test Subject
#492 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 12:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kageokami
I downloaded the mod and i can "lock" the doors, but the sims that i locked the doors to can still walk through the doors??

Yes. It's happening to myself and quite a few others. Scumbumbo is working on a fix. Just have to be patient.
Deceased
Original Poster
#493 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 4:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MissEliseth
Yes. It's happening to myself and quite a few others. Scumbumbo is working on a fix. Just have to be patient.
Not much I can do until I can see this happening. I'm still hoping somebody who is sure that they have the mod installed properly can get me a copy of a save game that the mod isn't working with. Again, what I'm looking for:
  • Someone who is sure the mod is installed properly
  • The mod isn't working in one save game, but works in an older or new save
Until I can get a hold of one of those save games that it doesn't work with I just have to keep hoping I can somehow break it in my game.
Deceased
Original Poster
#494 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 6:14 AM
For those having issues with door locks after updating their mod from the first version to the latest version I have thought of a possible solution. Let me know if this works or not, try these steps:
  1. Remove the mod from your mods folder
  2. Start your game and load the affected save game
  3. Visit any lot(s) where you had any locks setup -- you shouldn't need to play that lot, just have a sim visit them all
  4. Save the game - or "Save As" if you're feeling paranoid
  5. Reinstall the new version of the mod
This process should guarantee that any old and possibly invalid lock states get cleared out of all the door objects in the saved game. This should not be necessary, the game should automatically remove any invalid states, so this is just a possible fix. I'd be very interested in knowing if this helps...

And again, sorry some simmers are having problems with this.
Test Subject
#495 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 2:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
For those having issues with door locks after updating their mod from the first version to the latest version I have thought of a possible solution. Let me know if this works or not, try these steps:
  1. Remove the mod from your mods folder
  2. Start your game and load the affected save game
  3. Visit any lot(s) where you had any locks setup -- you shouldn't need to play that lot, just have a sim visit them all
  4. Save the game - or "Save As" if you're feeling paranoid
  5. Reinstall the new version of the mod
This process should guarantee that any old and possibly invalid lock states get cleared out of all the door objects in the saved game. This should not be necessary, the game should automatically remove any invalid states, so this is just a possible fix. I'd be very interested in knowing if this helps...

And again, sorry some simmers are having problems with this.

I am going to try that and I will let you know the results.
Test Subject
#496 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 2:40 PM Last edited by MissEliseth : 26th Apr 2015 at 2:57 PM.
Okay. I think I found what the problem is/was and I feel really stupid (sorta). What I didn't realize is that when EA patched Sims 4 it undid almost all of my game settings. This also included using script mods As soon as I followed what Scumbumbo asked, saved, reinstalled the mod, AND made sure I had that enabled.. it works fine. I'm wondering if it was because it took that setting off and I didn't think about whether or not it was still enabled. So if you're having issues with it not working, then I suggest you take a look at your settings.

Which is probably why it's working for you Scumbumbo. You probably either double checked to make sure that was enabled or your setting wasn't reset by EA when they patched Sims 4 is my guess :P

I hope this means that it will be "problem solved" for many people.

Proof it is working for me:

http://s7.photobucket.com/user/Elis...kTest1.png.html

http://s7.photobucket.com/user/Elis...kTest2.png.html
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#497 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 3:48 PM
Awesome! Thank you! It is just what this game needs!
Deceased
Original Poster
#498 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 4:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by An_dz
Here's an updated STBL for Brazilian Portuguese since it had translation errors, wrong grammar and inconsistencies.
Also attaching the STBLs for the bathroom addon.

I'd been meaning to ask this earlier...

Can anyone else confirm that the Brazillian Portuguese strings need to be updated? I wouldn't know which was more correct myself. I could plug them both into Google and try to make a determination, but that often isn't much better than a guess.
Test Subject
#499 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 4:53 PM
Hi! I usually don't post on here, but since so many people are having issues I decided this would be my first post.

First of all, thank you for making this mod, scumbumbo! Second of all, thank you to MissElizabeth! I just installed this mod and was frustrated that it wasn't working. I knew it was installed because it came up under custom content when the game starts.

The problem here is what Elizabeth said, the new patch and updates reset all of the settings in the game, so Script Mods were disabled. The solution to this is here: http://prntscr.com/6yedaa

You need to go into settings and enable the script mods again. **IF THE MOD COMES UP AS CUSTOM CONTENT ON THE SCREEN WHEN TS4 FIRST LOADS, ITS NOT ENABLED!

** IT NEEDS TO BE ENABLED AS A SCRIPT MOD LIKE SO: http://prntscr.com/6yec8h
If it comes up UNDER script mods, then it will most likely work. If it's JUST under Custom Content, it will not work because Script mods likely are not enabled.

Hope I could help someone!
Deceased
Original Poster
#500 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 4:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MissEliseth
Okay. I think I found what the problem is/was and I feel really stupid (sorta).

Glad it's working for you again! And you shouldn't feel stupid (even just sorta) - this has tripped up a lot of folks. It's easy to forget to make sure it's turned on after every game patch.
Page 20 of 43