Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Dec 2018 at 2:40 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Sims University not loading (black screen)
Today I installed University Life and Seasons, and everything seems to load up fine, except Sims University. The loading screen is fine and it progresses nicely, but when it opens up the neighbourhood Sims University, nothing happens and the screen is just black. I've already emptied my cache files, and I've also tried it with a new save. I've also noticed there's duplicate gloves in CAS.

(I tried googling but every result I came up with was about the loading screen)

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Dec 2018 at 4:04 PM
Can we get some specs on the system you are playing on, got plenty of RAM to spare, enough hard drive space free? The Uni EP is not one of the heaviest hitters among them on performance, but Seasons is and this can happen if the system is on overload relative to what it can handle. Or, on the other extreme, if you have a modern and capable dedicated graphics card, have you arranged for vertical sync, capping its frame rate, and checking the frame rates you are actually getting in game? TS3 has no functional fps limiter.

On the mod front, NRaas Traveler working together with Overwatch and ErrorTrap can work miracles in getting failed travel transitions to complete properly. But getting stuck on a black screen isn't usually a symptom of travel transition failure, hence the system related questions first.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Dec 2018 at 7:29 PM
Managed to get it running after sending Connor Frio (new save) to uni. I will post specs if there are further issues.

and yes, WA hoods work fine.

Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Dec 2018 at 3:55 PM
It seems as though it's to do with Edit Town. When I'm playing a sim in SU, I can't go back and Edit Town in Sunset Valley.