Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Sep 2015 at 4:25 PM
Default The "It takes a village" challenge.
The Story: The last heir of a great and noble house has been orphaned. Fortunately, all the servants are still around and having no families of their own, are determined to raise this child together. Each leaving a legacy for the child to inherit. Each former servant has a lifetime wish to fulfill, so the child shall inherit the benefits of that reward.

Here are the sims you are to create and the tasks they must complete:

The Butler: The executor of the Orphan's estate until he/she reaches adulthood. This sim is responsible for managing real estate and money the family has. Currently employed outside the home to help raise money.

The Maid: Responsible for general cleanup around the house. May be employed outside the home.

The Nanny: stays at home to make sure the orphan is cared for, round-the-clock. Once the orphan is in school, can be employed outside the home.

The Tutor: Cares for the orphan's education, as opposed to the nanny, who takes care of more basic tasks. May be employed outside the home.

The Cook: prepares meals day in and day out. Can be employed outside the home to raise money. If World adventures is installed, this sim is also responsible for nectar-making.

The Groundskeeper: Manages the garden, collects food for the cook. If Pets is installed, this character is also responsible for taking care of the horses.

The Personal Trainer: Once kept the orphan's parents in shape, will keep the orphan in shape when he/she comes of age. If World adventures is installed, this sim is also responsible for acquiring relics and riches in far off lands so the orphan can have a massive collection like his/her parents did. Can be employed outside the home.

The Orphan: The Toddler left behind when its parents died in a horrible car crash. Has no set lifetime wish, but all the previous characters are responsible for raising this child. Must learn all skills.

The adults must work together to raise the orphan to be the best gosh-darn sim there ever was, do you think you're up for the challenge?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 18th Oct 2015 at 11:05 AM
I'll do it!
Test Subject
#3 Old 20th Oct 2015 at 9:57 PM
Oooooh sounds fun!! I'll try it out
Scholar
#4 Old 3rd Nov 2015 at 3:00 PM
I made my sims and got them settled up on Waterfall Way in Sunset Valley and cheated them a whole lot of cash to build a fabulous, traditional mansion. How do I win? How do I lose? Under what conditions may I move the all the servants out to live their lives in beautiful Sunset Valley? This challenge is right up my alley, I love playing with a full house!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Nov 2015 at 9:09 PM
[QUOTE=tunafishfish]I made my sims and got them settled up on Waterfall Way in Sunset Valley and cheated them a whole lot of cash to build a fabulous, traditional mansion. How do I win? How do I lose? Under what conditions may I move the all the servants out to live their lives in beautiful Sunset Valley? This challenge is right up my alley, I love playing with a full house![/QUOTE

There is no real way to win or lose, you just have to raise the heir. If any of the servants meet that special someone, they are free to move out, but remember, the heir is the priority.
Test Subject
#6 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 4:21 AM
The idea is really cool, and some of the characters I really like, but I think this challenge needs a little work. First of all, I have a few concerns with some of the characters jobs, specifically the tutor and the personal trainer. The other characters contribute to the household in ways that don't just affect the sim. For example, the cook works to make food for the orphan (directly helping), but also contributes by producing nectar for the family (indirectly helping). Both the direct and indirect ways of helping work to benefit the household. With the tutor, they can indirectly help by getting an outside job (a little boring but ok) but there is no way to directly help apart from helping them with homework (which only takes a few hours a day, may as well get the butler or nanny to help). The personal trainer also suffers from this, they can indirectly help by finding treasure, but there is no way to help the orphan directly. Are they meant to stand there helping them by shouting words of encouragement? I feel like these two jobs need to be changed a little to make them more useful, but that's up to you. I think that maybe an artist/sculptor that creates amazing paintings and sculptures for the house would be cool, and they could sell their works for money if they wanted.

Also, I think a few more small challenges or variations would be cool. For example, what about having three orphans and cutting out a few jobs, or having to build a grand mansion and become rich? A little more details would really make this cool. But overall, the idea is pretty nice, good job!
Scholar
#7 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 6:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by alouriasenpai
The idea is really cool, and some of the characters I really like, but I think this challenge needs a little work. First of all, I have a few concerns with some of the characters jobs, specifically the tutor and the personal trainer. The other characters contribute to the household in ways that don't just affect the sim. For example, the cook works to make food for the orphan (directly helping), but also contributes by producing nectar for the family (indirectly helping). Both the direct and indirect ways of helping work to benefit the household. With the tutor, they can indirectly help by getting an outside job (a little boring but ok) but there is no way to directly help apart from helping them with homework (which only takes a few hours a day, may as well get the butler or nanny to help). The personal trainer also suffers from this, they can indirectly help by finding treasure, but there is no way to help the orphan directly. Are they meant to stand there helping them by shouting words of encouragement? I feel like these two jobs need to be changed a little to make them more useful, but that's up to you. I think that maybe an artist/sculptor that creates amazing paintings and sculptures for the house would be cool, and they could sell their works for money if they wanted.

Also, I think a few more small challenges or variations would be cool. For example, what about having three orphans and cutting out a few jobs, or having to build a grand mansion and become rich? A little more details would really make this cool. But overall, the idea is pretty nice, good job!

I've been running into this problem as well, the nanny taught him his toddler skills and does the mom stuff, but now he's a child. I don't really understand how the butler is supposed to manage the money since all household money goes into a joint account that they all draw on equally... So, before anyone wants to buy anything, I have them go have a "chat" interaction with him before going to the store or buy mode. My personal goal is that every one must complete their life goal and purchase one high ticket life point item for the house. I have the tutor working on chemistry and as soon he discovered the "young again" potion I'll have him make up a store of them. Once the servants achieve their life goals, cash in their life points, and the heir ages up to YA, then I'll have him give them the potion to take, purchase them a small house a piece and move out. I created a peach of an heir though.... I don't know if I'll want to follow him or not, current traits are Neurotic, Excitable, and Light Sleeper.
Site Helper
#8 Old 6th Jan 2016 at 1:44 AM
If the tutor maxes out their Logic skill, they can tutor a sim in any skill they are better at than the other sim, which can be used to help the orphan gain skills. And Athletic skill at ?5? or higher lets a sim train other sims in Athletic. (I was planning to let my Personal Trainer also be responsible for teaching martial arts to the orphan. )

My butler is going to be the only one allowed to buy things at the store or sell things at the consignment shop.

( I made the sims. I made a lot for them. I started the challenge.... and my game decided that I had too much going on to be able to save. Fortunately, I knew enough to make sure that my freshly-built lots were saved to the bin before I started trying to play, but I'm still not sure when I'm going to try again.)

Edit: I am, however, thinking about a story inspired by the challenge. Thank you. Even if my game won't run it, I'm having fun with it.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook