Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 11:16 PM
Default Does it just happen for me?
Okay it isnt a big deal but it's kinda annoying that my pets in the game are for some reason able to go through walls I dont mean walk through them but if they are standing by one their tale or head will stick through.
Is it just on my game or is it a major glitch maxis didnt fix before shipping the game to stores?
Advertisement
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 11:31 PM
Its a glitch. Hopefully theyll patch it
Test Subject
#3 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 11:32 PM
I haven't noticed that myself. Does it happen on all lots or just one particular family?

I've had strange glitches that nobody else ever seemed to have so it's possible it just your game ... then again it could be all over.

Quality is Issue Seventy-Five
retired moderator
#4 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 11:33 PM
It happens in my game. You know when you have two Sims smustling too close together and they end up meshing? Its the same thing with this... I dont mind it really.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 11:34 PM
Nah I have it to. Its for all lots. Espcially in hallways and cramped areas.

Dead Metal Simming: -Gothic Lovin!
Test Subject
#6 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 11:43 PM
Their heads will stick thru a wall? That's too funny.

"Here's Rover!"

I'll have to watch for that.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 11:59 PM
That actually might be a good idea for a story lol The Shining-Pets.

I actually have video of the wolfpack leader with his nose stuck through my window just staring at my sims inside. Was one of the creepier moments in the game

Dead Metal Simming: -Gothic Lovin!
Forum Resident
#8 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 12:04 AM
I've noticed this with cats alot when they're sitting on countertops, the tip of their tail will go through the back of the counter and wall. Haven't noticed at other times with either cats or dogs...
#9 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 12:20 AM
when stray dogs come up to my door and bark at it half their body is in my house!
#10 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 12:25 AM
When I have two cats playing, one will go through the wall behind them
#11 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 9:15 AM
Ive noticed SOO much bleeding in my game! There was a bunch of people and aniamls all in like just 5squares! They were all going through each other ,and it really annoys me!
ANd when my pets have stopped woohooing,they go round the corner too quickly and go thru the dog house

Annoying!!
#12 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 9:21 AM
I haven't noticed them walking through walls, which is good I guess because that would annoy me so much...
BUT
I do get my cats walking through my sims if they're in the way.

A Pets patch soon, please!
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 9:32 AM
Noticed that too. I also noticed that when my toddler was giving hugs to my dog, his (the toddler) head was half INSIDE the dog...
Field Researcher
#14 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 1:53 PM
i haven't had this happen to me yet but i can't move my pets from outside b/c their stuck in the ground they will move around once then go right back into the ground i tried using move objects to put them in the house but nothing seems to get them from sticking in the ground and now thier not even playable and this is in every house with pets in it.

You can call me Tasia
My Writing Blog--> Lost In Reality
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 2:04 PM
Tasia, this is a fairly well reported glitch from what I can see.
Seeing as it is so chronic, I would be surprised if this was a Maxis glitch (the testers would have spotted it) so it is probably related to a mod/hack.
Do you have hacks? If so you need to take them out, use Clean Installer to recognise and remove them. If you don't then I would suggest you report it to Maxis.
I am currently in the process of removing my hacks to see if I can sort it. It seems to be sleep related (happens when they are tired) so I am starting by removing sleep related hacks!
You *can* undo the stuckness. Use moveobjects on to pick up and delete the animal in buy mode, then save and exit to neighbourhood, when you come back the pet will be by the mailbox. I do think however, that this affects aging, by resetting the age of the pet to 1 day before their birthday.