Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 7:43 PM
Default curious about build mode
I don't have Sims 4. In the previews there was some m ention of variable heights for walls. Is that true? If so, what happens to wall textures, for example patterned walls and walls with woodowork at the topo and bottom? Do the textures stretch, repeat. or something else? Or are there certain patterns for each size of wall?
Advertisement
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 7:53 PM
I haven't noticed any stretching- it seems like there is a repeat of sorts that happens that adds more to the extra wall.
*not to be found on sims4forum*
retired moderator
#3 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 4:38 AM
It doesn't stretch the image (like someone would do in an image editing program), it just seems to either have three versions of the wall in the files or they are done in a way to allow this. It doesn't look odd or anything in the game, luckily.
We might have more information on this once someone finds the files and is able to view (or edit) them like we have with the CAS items.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 5:07 AM
Hope these help.

Former Hamster
retired moderator
#5 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 9:47 AM
/me had to click helpful.. since I was too lazy to do screenshots myself, lol
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 1:15 PM
That's very interesting. It would explain why there isn't a ready-made Homecrafter for Sims 4 right now. I wonder if there are differently-mapped zones, or three versions of the wall.I'm still not convinced to get it, but manipulating either of those conditions would be interesting if there was a way to do it.