Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 10:54 AM
Sending Pets to Work: Problem Solved!
I have two households, one with a cat and one with a dog... both animals have jobs but neither has been to work yet (and I've played both for over a Sim week) because the carpool never shows up. I did put in hacks, but (as far as I know) only the ones that are listed as compatible with Pets, so maybe I'm just doing something wrong, or maybe one of my hacks isn't compatible with Pets... I dunno...

Can somebody help me???
Advertisement
Stupid people are stupid
#2 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 12:01 PM
First off, did the creator tell in the thread that they are compatible or did other people say it? I rather believe the creator then others.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 12:04 PM
All the hacks I have are from MATY and are listed as either compatible or not in the OP under "As Stated on MATY."
Test Subject
#4 Old 20th Oct 2006 at 2:01 PM
It is caused by a hack. In my game it was one connected with Mrs. Crumplebottom, not something with careers, phones or foods.
Test Subject
#5 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 3:12 AM
Do you by chance know which hack it was? I do not have any Crumplebottom hacks in my game and my dog's carpool hasn't ever shown up, either. Thanks in advance!
Forum Resident
#6 Old 22nd Oct 2006 at 3:16 AM
I am too experiencing the similar thing when I test the game.

I found that ...

If sims on the lot did NOT have jobs, then the pet carpool would show up.

However, if sims on the lot DID have jobs, then the pet carpool would NOT show up.

And for unknown reasons, sims could not have the option to take their pets to work in both cases.

Live for today, learn from yesterday, and dream of tomorrow.
A being under construction -- Even so, come.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 1:43 AM
weird... I've deleted all my hacks except the ones that have definitely been updated for Pets... and the carpool never shows up, whether my Sim has a job or not... and yeah I did notice that the Sims couldn't take their pets to work... is that supposed to be that way or is it a glitch?

ETA: The carpool FINALLY showed up and the dog went to work... the Sim doesn't have a job yet, so we'll see what happens when she has a job...

ETA 2: Apparently I had not deleted all the non-updated hacks before because now it works perfectly. The Sim got a job, went to work just fine and the dog went to work just fine as well.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 3:18 PM
I can't even get my pets jobs, I go to the find job for pet and click on the pet name but it is always my people the job is for.