Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Aug 2007 at 7:55 PM
Default share your supernatural experiences
i have 2:

when i was like 8 or 9 i was sleeping and i remember being woken up by some noise and i turned around and i swear i saw a ghost of a little girl. i went under my covers after that. my other friends also saw the girl in their houses too--- and we all lived on the same block. And my street is called "___grave"-- kinda creepy.

Like two months ago me and my friends went to go explore an abandoned mental asylum. First we explored the housing which were basically just rooms with a bunch of rubble in them and some beds here and there. Then we went across the street into the woods to look for the actual hostpital, after about 20 mins we found a building and we went up close to it. The basement window was open and me and my friend heard water running. We were really creeped out because this building had been abandoned for about 20 years-- and it was impossible for water to still be running. My other friend threw a bottle down just to make sure we werent imagining it and it splashed. It was getting dark so we decided to go home, because we wouldent of been able to find our way out in the dark.While we were in those buildings i remember seeing shadowy figures in the corner of my eye---i'm never going back there again.
Advertisement
#2 Old 31st Aug 2007 at 8:01 PM
An abandoned asylum?
That's awesome, I want to go.

I don't really have any experiences, beside being woken up by my frightened boyfriend who said he had an out-of-body thing.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 31st Aug 2007 at 8:19 PM
When my sister and I were younger (15 and 17) we were home alone with a girlfriend. We lived on the second floor in a two flat and it was daytime - around 3 or 4 in the afternoon. We were in the front room and heard someone coming up the front stairs. Sounded like my dad - heavy footsteps. We went to look and there was no one there. Thought nothing of it - houses were close in the city so we thought it was maybe from another house. But it happened about 3 more times. We looked each time and looked around to the other houses - no one or nothing going on anywhere!! A quiet summer day.

After a few minutes we heard footsteps inside the front door, right in our line of sight but saw nothing. This went on for a few minutes. Then we heard and FELT footsteps walking rather rapidly around our coffee table right in front of where we were sitting on the couch. We felt the concussion on the wooden floorboards but saw nothing. Then the footsteps started moving toward the hallway and we followed actually feeling the concussion of the footsteps with our hands on the floor. The footsteps eventually went into my parents' bedroom right off the hall and proceeded back and forth in front of the bed for about 15 minutes then stopped and it was over!!

The whole experience took about one hour. No one else lived in the building - in other words the downstairs flat was empty, we used it for storage. And we were completely alone in the house in broad daylight in the summer when all the doors and windows were open. We had no pets at the time that could have been making any strange noises. And it never happened again.

That's my "supernatural" experience. We all discussed the experience and agreed on details. It was creepy but thank God it was in the daytime!!
#4 Old 31st Aug 2007 at 8:29 PM
I have 4. Three of them I didn't actually see.
My cousin was at my grandparents house and she told me that she woke up and there was this floating blue orb. I forget where she told me where she say it. But it sounded creepy.
My grandma saw this ghostly figure walking down the hallway and it looked exactly like my grandpa but it wasn't my grandpa.
My dad was sleeping and he had this awful headache. Kind of as bad as a charley horse. But anyway, he was starting to get cold and there was this soft and quiet whisper saying: 'Larry, wake up' [that's my dad's name btw]. He heard it and looked around but there was no one there.
Okay. This one happed to me. It's really freaky.
It was early in the moring like 5 am but I was getting cold. I had my thin sheet on over me and my comforter was toward the end of my bed along with my other blanket. I shut my for a couple of minutes trying to get back to sleep but then all of a sudden, I felt my comforters tag hit me in the face. I looked up and all of my sheets were neatly on top of me. I didn't touch any of the blankets at all! I'm telling the truth. No joke. It creeped me out.
#5 Old 31st Aug 2007 at 9:02 PM
Well, in my old house, we found out that there had been a fire yeeeeeeaars ago.. anyway, we knew the house was "haunted" (as is this one) and.. I remember 3 events, both when I was in bed.
One of them, I could hear footsteps, repeatedly coming up the stairs.. I knew it wasn't my mum or dad so I called my dad and he opened the door to the stairs. He said no one was there.. being about 7, I was incredibly freaked out.
Another one (still old house) was just shadows at the top of the stairs. The lights were on and I was standing so my shadow wasn't near the stairs, just at my bedroom door, but I saw shadows there.. yet no one WAS there.
The third one (still old house) I was about to go to sleep when I heard a voice from my parent's room- a little girl, infact.. it shouted "Mummy!!" My mum thought it was me but it wasn't 0_o I think that had something to do with the fire.

In that house, there were other things but not with me: my dad hearing "my mum" call his name, despite him being half deaf and 3 storeys above her, so it wasn't her at all. My mum felt a presence come through the room once and stop to stare at her before my mum stared back and said "yes?" (she knows that spirits are there, she can feel them and what not, so can I, but my dad doesn't believe in it so he doesn't feel it ¬_¬) and the spirit left the room.

In this house, there's been a few times I've felt a presence, especially in my room. I've heard them in the bathroom too. But nothing like my previous experiences (and I don't want that either!). They stare at me while I sleep, I know it, because I wake up suddenly in the night, feeling eyes on me 0_o
My grandad once saw an old man walking through his flat once, despite it being 7-8am and he being the only man in there. My grandma was in her bedroom so she didn't see him.
Test Subject
#6 Old 31st Aug 2007 at 9:26 PM
Wow! Great stories! I don't have anything major, just a couple phantom smells (Like orange trees while we were in an old ghost town... in the middle of the desert. No orange trees for at least 40 miles...), a couple of touches, and an orb once (I know it was an orb. No matter what we tried, we could not get the same result again...), but nothing like an apparition.
#7 Old 1st Sep 2007 at 2:26 AM
The best I've got is seeing things out of the corner of my eye. I'm not the only ones who have seen them so I think it counts for something though.

That and when I was really young - I can't remember this - I would sit in the backyard sandbox at my grandparents' house and talk to no one. Then we found out the backyard was haunted (still is).

And, one of my cousins can see them but I don't know details beyond they are all full-body apparitions.
Example: We went to a drive-in movie theater and there were four of us - my mom, my cousin who can see, her younger brother who can't, and myself. I was sitting outside the car and twice thought I saw a black figure moving off to my right. I'd look and there was nothing. My mom saw figures moving in front of and to the right of the car. One she said passed so close by it would have had to have walked right through me.
My cousin (who can see them) asked 'Do you want to know how many I saw? I didn't even count.'
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Sep 2007 at 3:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rapi
An abandoned asylum?
That's awesome, I want to go.

yea theres tons of haunted places where i live, like :

2 abandoned shipyards
about 3 abandoned mansions
there used to be a monestary but it was demolished. ( there was a legend that a monk went insane and killed about 60 other monks and buried there bodies 13 floors from the first floor)
an abandoned cement factory
2 haunted cemetaries

these are just the famous ones -- theres probably a ton more
Test Subject
#9 Old 1st Sep 2007 at 4:08 AM
Woah! I want to live there!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 1st Sep 2007 at 1:32 PM
Wow nice stories everyone! I've caught orbs on film in my bedroom and I've caught an EVP once it was like a cry it was weird like a little child but I hear my name being called all the time like a whisper almost but real fast. This place where we live now is haunted and I see things at the corner of my eye but I also see a Panther like as if its guarding me I don't get anything bad from it at all but I've seen red eyes in my mirror its an old mirror so I can imagine why I've seen like a 8ft shadow blob thing at the foot of my bed looking at me it was like a Dementor from Harry Potter it was freaky.
But when I go out to my grandmothers house we go on a road that has 2 cemeteries and anyone who has a wreck on that road dies.There was atleast 34 deaths in the past 8 years on that road and I always get the feeling of being watched whenever I'm on that road and one night my Mom's car just quit and stopped in the middle of the road and so I knew we were doomed I mean right infront of the 1st cemetery if I had my camera I would've taken pics to see if I caught anything but hehehehe I didn't want to even think about that stuff at that time.
But the other day I was taking some pics and I caught an orb on cam and its not dust since this place has no dust. (look over at the bottom of the lamp)
#11 Old 1st Sep 2007 at 2:17 PM
danishani2:there are actually 2 orbs in that pic!XD...Or,so it seems:

Maybe it's a mark on the wall or something but it looks like an orb.
Instructor
#12 Old 1st Sep 2007 at 2:18 PM
I got one to add to the list. Was it real or just an intense dream?
One summer my Grandma brought along an old Ouija board. My sisters and I had a blast with it. We didn't believe that it wasn't powered by anyone but us, but the game became very addicting and fun.
One night, Grandma got mad at us because we were spending our time playing with the silly thing and not paying any attention to her. She took it away and she and Mom enforced the 'lights out/go to bed thing.'
I was thirteen or fourteen at the time and furious because while my friends were actually out having lives, my parental units were overly strict. I would be out doing something more interesting if I were allowed too. (Teen Angst ya gotta love it! Ha! Ha!)
Anyways, I'm woken up later by a really bright light shining under my eyes.
It's a small ball of light kind of like a flashlight beam.
I'm like W-T-F?
When I wake up enough to focus, the light floats away and becomes bigger.
It's the freakin' sun from the Ouija board!
I like throw the covers over my head and try to ignore it. Finally, I get curious and peep out again. I sorta know I'm suppose to follow it.
Keeping a distance I follow the light down the hallway. It finally stops right over the stereo and shines really bright.
I get scared, run to my room, grab the Bible on the nightstand and pray that whatever that thing is would just leave. I fall asleep holding on to that Bible.
Next morning I tell my sisters my dream. One goes to look behind the stereo.
When she screams I know she found it!
We decided to just throw it away. However; the board never came back, but we kept finding the pointer in the junk drawer. We finally smashed it, but the broken pieces would reappear. They do say that it's hard to get rid of a Ouija board, but I wouldn't put it past Mom or one of my sisters sneaking the pieces out of the trash for a joke.
(They all claim innocence.)
I'm not sure if I believe that this was anything other than a dream, but it makes a cool creepy story. I'll be honest though, I haven't had any desire to play with a Ouija since.
Test Subject
#13 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 1:47 PM
Hmmm...the only case of supernatural experience I can think is one I have quite often. I do believe in dejavu and I'm actually having it all the time. It's kinda scary sometimes bcoz the feeling and the pictures I'm getting are too strong.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 10:11 AM
Every day at home is a supernatural experience! The cats can be be such little monsters...

Okay seriously now there was this guy who made 2 of my high school years hell. I went through a rough time and rebelled against anything and everything. About a year ago I swore to someone I'd never forgive him for it. That night I dreamt that I díd. It reminded me of this story of an ex-nun who returns to her convent after being ordered to do that by an angel in her dreams, three times in a row. I'm quite the faithful person, so I wondered if it wasn't some sort of message. I dreamt the same thing the night after, and I was like: "Alright, I get it! Forget about the third one, I forgive him". It was quite relieving, and it never did me any good to keep a grudge. I never got that third dream incidentally...
Instructor
#15 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 8:02 PM
I was lying on my parent's couch one night and was trying to go to sleep. I heard someone yell really loud. Like a huge Aaah! Really quick. Noone else heard it, but it made me sit up and look around. I was probably dreaming but I thought I was awake laying on the couch. Creepy.
Scholar
#16 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 1:30 PM
I'm a hardcore skeptic, and the paranormal seems to avoid my type for some reason...

I'd love to buy a haunted house or abandoned mental asylum though, just to let my mind go wild imagining things that aren't there.
#17 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 4:24 PM
I'm such a believer in everything ghostly, but the one thing I just can't believe is orbs.
Hit a dusty blanket with something, and take a picture quick, you're entire room will be haunted xD
Test Subject
#18 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 4:56 PM
I get deja vu all the time, but the event that sticks out in my mind the best wasn't even supernatural: I was watching the Blair Witch Project on VHS when it first came out and didn't find it at all scary, which was an opinion I voiced to my puppy since I was the only person at home. As soon as I said, aloud, that the movie was lame, the video pops out of the VCR.

For a few seconds I was terrified, thinking that I had angered the Blair Witch and was about to be killed. Then I looked for the remote and found that my puppy was sitting on the eject button. But it made me take the movie more seriously after that.
#19 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 5:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tyo
I get deja vu all the time, but the event that sticks out in my mind the best wasn't even supernatural: I was watching the Blair Witch Project on VHS when it first came out and didn't find it at all scary, which was an opinion I voiced to my puppy since I was the only person at home. As soon as I said, aloud, that the movie was lame, the video pops out of the VCR.

For a few seconds I was terrified, thinking that I had angered the Blair Witch and was about to be killed. Then I looked for the remote and found that my puppy was sitting on the eject button. But it made me take the movie more seriously after that.

Thats hilarious! Reminds me of my Bloodey Mary incident.

When I was in like 5th grade all these girls were talking about Bloody Mary, and it got me so scared that I couldn't sleep at night. One day I went into my mom's room to ask her about it and she kept telling me it was all fake, so she said "Why don't I do it and show you" and I screamed and cried, because I was petrified of it. She finnaly walked infront of the mirror. "Bloody mary... Bloody Mary..." and I screamed, and she yelled "Bloody Mary" and at the exact same time she said it the third time, my dog, who was under her bed, jumped up, hitting her head on the board under the bed, making a huge bang. It was horrible!
Test Subject
#20 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 9:01 PM
2 supernatural experiences:

*first of them, when I was younger (about 13-14 years old) I was sleeping in my bed and woke up with no reason. I looked at the wall in front of me and suddenyl heard a voice calling my name. It was some sort of echo... a young woman's voice, sounded a bit like my mom's but it wasn't hers. The voice called my name and I asked "where are you?", because I couldn't see anyone in my room and the voice answered me back "I'm everywhere" but I wasn't scared, I felt very calm and fell asleep again. Then after few more hours I woke up and asked my mom if she was there in my room and told her what happened and she freaked out. I can only think it was a good sign, like some sort of angel but I'm still scared and was afriad to fall asleep for few nights. I don't think it was a very intense dream because everything was so real, including the weather and all the atmosphere in the room, and my bed looked like I sit and fall asleep withoutpulling the balnket back over me. It still gives me creeps but never happened again.

*second, it's a dream I had few months ago. I dreamt that some sort of evil spirit got caught in the door of my living room and everytime I touched it was shaking terribly almsot pulling my arm out. It was spooky, I woke up just when my parents were trying to get a priest to get the demon out of the door. I didn't really care about the dream, but that day my boyfriend got electrocuted very bad, he burnt his hand and I don't even want to think what would have happened if his boss didn't take him away from the iron stairs. When he told me how his hand started to shake like mad when he touched the stairs, I almost cried cause I remembered the dream I had. It was like gettin electrocuted when touching the evil door, shaking my hand the same way like the iron stairs shook my boyfriend.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 3:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Party_girl_146
danishani2:there are actually 2 orbs in that pic!XD...Or,so it seems:

Maybe it's a mark on the wall or something but it looks like an orb.

OMG I didn't see that one! ok 2 then make it 2 orbs. There was nothing there when I took the pic especially by the lamp or the behind the chair. thanks for pointing that out.
Test Subject
#22 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 3:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tjaames
I'm such a believer in everything ghostly, but the one thing I just can't believe is orbs.
Hit a dusty blanket with something, and take a picture quick, you're entire room will be haunted xD

I have to agree with you to a degree on the orb thing. No offense meant to anybody here, but most "orbs" in pictures are dust or bugs. End of story. Nothing supernatural to it. Again, no offense, but sometimes people are so excited and determined to believe that they give completely normal things meaning that just isn't there. I think, personally, it's good to believe, but I also think it's good to have a large, healthy dollop of skepticism. Having said that, though, I do think orbs exist, but they are very difficult to catch on film. I've seen an orb in RL, and I have to say, it looked absolutely nothing like the supposed "orbs" I've seen in pictures.
#23 Old 21st Sep 2007 at 4:14 AM
How the hell did I miss this thread for so long?

Not surprisingly, all of my family's 'paranormal' experiences have occured at Gettysburg. At the Jenny Wade house when I was three years old, I stood at the top of the cellar staircase and refused to go down there. I don't even remember why - I just didn't want to go down there. Later we read stories of people who would do the exact same thing, much much older than I was.

We go ghost hunting every night we're there - we've caught ectoplasm that was almost in the shape of a person or two in a picture with us. My dad and my sister once heard voices in the Peach Orchard, and later on we were visiting Rose's Woods and up until that point, it had been the ONLY time I have ever not wanted to stay. My sister was holding the video camera (we were using it as a light, since it gets very very dark on the battlefield at night) in Devil's Den as we walked back to our car when all of a sudden the light went out. She freaked out, I grabbed it from her, the thing had been switched to off. She swears to this day that she didn't touch it.

More recently, Dad and I were in the Wheatfield and visiting the 5th New Hampshire monument and not only did both of us get that VERY uneasy feeling, but I could have sworn something was watching us as we walked around. Considering the night before we walked in the exact same places without that feeling, and I had stood on the edge of a pitch-black stretch of woods, back turned, without feeling like I needed to get out of there...

Hmm. I wonder if I'm missing any other good stories.

Pardon me while I have a strange interlude.