Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 4th Nov 2013 at 6:11 PM
I'd base it around the concept of family and legacy; implementing more social interactions, ways for Sims to be related straight out of CAS, plenty of exploration of the different life states and a more realistic genetic system.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 2:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by denkert
Without sounding too mean, but...
Honestly though, the main selling point? "HEY GUYS YOU CAN NOW SWITCH ACTIVE HOUSEHOLDS WITHOUT LOOSING WISHES"... I mean, seriously yawn.

I know you also said heights but that's not nearly enough either...

That's one item out of a long list. ALL of the points I made are selling points, as far as I am concerned. As in, if they skip too many, I might not even buy the game. The way we have to pretty much lose all progress on households in TS3 to switch around is seriously annoying. In TS2, everything was preserved. In TS3, you can't skip around easily, and if you do, it's almost pointless. We should be able to set wishes, and come back later to see that they managed to fulfill them while we were playing the family down the street.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 22nd Nov 2013 at 4:04 AM Last edited by SepiaFlower : 22nd Nov 2013 at 4:14 AM. Reason: adding minor thoughts
Hmmmm... what a thought provoking thread Great ideas in here.

I think my main selling point would be to build the game from community interaction. I'm talking in-depth market research into what it is that this MASSIVE fan-base wants. I'd try to hit all the major Sims websites with polls, questionaires and opportunity to provide feedback into our favourite elements of each rendition of The Sims so far (Including The Sims 1!!), plus feedback of new things everyone would like to see.

I would try to put as many staples into the base game as possible, to be expanded upon (get it?) in the expansion packs. Things like:
- days being rainy, cloudy or sunny. To be expanded upon in some sort of seasonal expansion, possibly with the chance of weather extremes.
- the ability to buy a puppy or kitten. To be expanded upon in some sort of animal expansion (Farming + Pets??)
- the ability to visit another town or city. To be expanded upon in some sort of travel expansion.
- the ability to go to college. To be expanded upon in some sort of education based expansion, where boarding schools, specialty schools (perhaps performing arts, or military, etc), pre-schools, and different universities could be introduced.

Things like that.

For each expansion pack, I would again try to hit ALL the sims websites with polls as to what people would like to see. Of course, someone would need to make executive decisions and some people would be upset, but I would try to base it on majority and clearly explain reasons for omissions in the game.

And I would certainly try my absolute hardest to never EVER need to release something like "Generations".

On that note, I would be aiming to go more in-depth with each and every age stage a person lives, which would probably mean introducing more age stages such as preteen and middle aged. (Adding a pre-teen stage could allow teenagers to be a little more adult - exams, relationships that get serious, partying.) Babies and children in particular would be overhauled, and elders.

I also echo the sentiments of all the posters who have said something along the lines of making the Sims more like life, with greatly increased chance of failure and challenge. Overcoming challenges, failures, illness, accidents and just plain old bad days are part of life. TullyKat1 mentioned some really great points in her post - Banged knees and tears from children - why has that not been put in? Broken down cars. Power outs. More expensive bills. Why? Because the sense of satisfaction and pride when they are overcome would be massive, as it is in real life. THAT would give me a deeper connection to my sims than I've ever had before. Not voodoo dolls, overcoming challenge with them.

Inhuman One, your ideas are awesome. I really hope someone from the TS4 team sees that post.
Field Researcher
#29 Old 30th Nov 2013 at 11:09 AM
Fire myself.
Fresh fruit from the bigot tree
#30 Old 30th Nov 2013 at 12:50 PM
I would make the graphics in a way that they allow for more people to enjoy the game even on computers that could barely run the sims 3, and make sure tere are no bugs on release. Also, I would not add any drm on it, so I do not annoy the buyers.

Every other things is secondary.

Do not install pescado's mod. It is the one producing the errors it warns you about. Get Twallan's instead. It cleans your save file and prevents glitches.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 2:19 AM
Default A different perspective
Quote: Originally posted by 999rozes
Sims 2 had Genetics, Sims 3 had open-world, What would your Sims 4 have?

Just pretend the Sims 4's main focus on "Emotions" hasn't been implemented yet, what would your main focus of the game be?

For me my focus would be the "roots" of the game as it was revealed last year... or was it earlier this year?
What were the aspects of the original Sims 1 that made the Sims so famous?
For me it was the quirkiness, the infinite possibilities of making your Sim rise to the career ladder, the zany phone calls, the fact that people bring chocolates to your house...etc

Now its your turn.
What would your main focus be?

Unlike most, I assume, I would like maxis to butt the heck out of my game play! I don't mind an occasional knock at the door, (at one a.m.) or the phone ringing when all your Sims are busy,or the constant falling leaves in winter and fall, (and you call the gardener and he invites himself to dinner, etc., the way they rate your outside and insist on more plantings and then ruin it with constantly over-growing bushes, etc., but the persistent bothersome meddlesome way Maxis has ingeniously ingratiated themselves into game play does become annoying. I loved the 'freeness' of the game, to explore whatever you wish, and work with your Sims as you wish. They had an awesome concept - an open land for your Sims - ...and then ruined it just like they did with Seasons - you can't stay outside very long or your Sim will freeze or become ill -same with playing the balloon game. And the fires during a thunderstorm (wherein your Sim might catch on fire and perish) etc., Precious toddlers (that scream constantly and need almost constant attention) to the point that I left an entire N.H. full of them, never to go back again..Even toddlers in the real world don't require 24/7 attention - overplayed and ruined, imo, by Maxis. These are but a few examples of Maxis playing the ultimate God with YOUR game, which rather angers me. The game is supposed to be fun, that's why we love the Sims. However, at every bend and turn Maxis (or whomever is running the show now) makes it more of a trial and a test then a free roaming game.
I assume money is behind it - thinking we'll wait for just one more E.P (and buy it) to see if the fun really begins on this particular E.P..But I think they have turned away more Simmers by creating overdone chaos rather than helping their bottom line on a larger scale. I stopped buying at Seasons, and though I love Seasons and all the E.Ps prior, Seasons did me in. I think about The Who with their famous line 'we won't be fooled again!", and that's me.
I have Sims 3 and after a quick look-see I didn't buy more E.P.s or play Sims 3... Now on to Sims 4..perhaps we're all a little anxious because Maxis has made us so.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 3:35 AM
The Sims 3 meets Minecraft.

You could make enless neighboroughs this way,

Or even making big houses too.

My flash animation
http://robingravel.byethost15.com/eflash.htm

A Christmas day at 25o Celcius
http://robingravel.byethost15.com/noel2014.htm
A girl whiches a warm day at Christmas.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 7:59 AM
I'd focus more on details,(they are important,aren't they?)and on the look of the sims.(i don't want ugly ones,i want those who look realistic xd)
Scholar
#34 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 12:26 AM
It would be cool if peo[ple like the Leader of the Free World and the Mayor had actual power and could exercise it in gameplay. Also, I've always thought it would be cool to be able to change the government if we wish, like create a dictatorship or monarchy or something
Mad Poster
#35 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 12:48 AM
Human interaction would be my main focus. With objects, people, their immediate and non-immediate environment, from little things like setting down a cup to getting to into a conversation with a date and knocking said cup over. Having to look out your window to see snow, and turn on the news to see if school or work is cancelled (or call in) with the possibility to power outages, bridge closures, etc. happening throughout the day. Rivers rising and falling, tides going in and out, the sun rising/setting at different times as the seasons pass. Environment and interaction are everything.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 2:08 AM
Just closed my Sims 2 game, again, out of desperation. Not that I wouldn't like to actually play the game but because, while I tried to play the game, the Sims I was working with received 3 phone calls, endured a thunderstorm, (where I had to keep saving for fear of the trees lighting on fire, other Sims at the door, all in one 15 minute or less play. And so I ask, why did they put so much energy and data on making an annoying game? All the resources, data, and employees used -could have gone to create more positive aspects of the game, things we'd LIKE to have in game play, things you wrote about- not continual annoyances. As it is, I mostly build because game play is so skewed to create chaos, to me it's an uphill battle between me, my Sims and the game.
I would like snow days too and think that's a great idea.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 9:30 PM
For starters, i'd keep in mind that some players have older machines - i'd allow advanced customization of the graphics controls instead of just high-med-low detail, but similar setup on these controls as the ones you see in the half life 2 engine and some of valve's older games. So if someones computer can handle high res textures without a 250000 poly model of a bowl of plastic fruit, that'd be nice. Before my hard drive crapped out after 6 years I noticed I didnt need to sacrifice textures so much, and no one should have to do that to still have a decent looking game.

One of the main features though is that i'd like it to be extensively moddable. It'd be cool to see custom game modes - I know it'd be nice for me to have a separate "story" mode, so people who like to play a themed neighborhood could really go all out and make a world that isnt just modern day, but maybe midieval or fantasy ish, or western, or stylized like game of thrones if that's what they like. We could create a new world using a tool that sets "rules" for that world - ie maybe someone would want a world where no townies spawn, instead the player creates every nonplayable or they are generated and then tweaked in certain ways before they're loaded into the world. I dont know how many would like that, but for me it'd be kind of immersive.

That would also make a neat way to integrate player created challenges into the game. This way it's not such a mess to keep track of scores or keep things in line, and if you're doing a challenge that requires you to go through certain eras, you could use the "rules" tool to make certain things available only after a certain point.

But, this is a separate game mode, toggled on and off by the player. I wouldn't want the rules tool to overlap freeplay.

I'd bring back body shop as well, not necessarily for extra customization, but being able to test things before going into the game. The extra customization, I think, would be around the actual content, and creators could swap a texture and have the preview update in realtime, simple refresh.

In general, I'd want the micro management to be about bigger things, instead of when your Sim has to pee. If your Sim is the mayor, he'd have extra gameplay features as the mayor when he's in the office, like banning things in town or setting ordinances. The economy would actually be a thing. If you let him do it on his own, and he had the trait of being evil, he might setup stupid laws that citizens would protest. And police that enforce them might go on strike. Sims react to their environment based on their upbringing and personality. Their jobs affect the town, and their personality/traits affect how they act professionally.

Traits would be there, definitely, but they'd change and modders could make custom ones. There would be subtraits to make it less cluttered and difficult to find the one you want - hat lover would be a subtrait because it's appearance based, and sub traits would be like that, working like turn ons and turn offs.

In regards to changing traits, it would be dictated by their experiences. If a Sim has been cheated on multiple times or by multiple lovers, they could become jaded by that, as sometimes negative experiences can have lasting effects. How it changes them and their actions depends on other traits. Are they selfish? Might become unfaithful themselves. Are they other-oriented? Something else.

These are just a few ideas.
Top Secret Researcher
#38 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 9:53 PM
More, places to sit (bed,table,floor,counters...), more social animations, ability to play multiple households, multitasking (texting while on toilet,walking and drinking tea,doing homework and listening to music...), more acessories like bags,hairpins,positioning of rings,necklaces and bracelets. Also more realistic interactions and animations and more jobs (office assistant,president,jeweler). In any case, really realistic game (which doesen't means realistic graphics, but at least acceptable ones)!
Field Researcher
#39 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 3:27 AM
Completing each life stage. TS3 acts as if children don't even exist, toddlers are pretty limited and do we even need to discuss burrito babies? Each lifestage should have plenty to do and be unique, don't be lazy!
Top Secret Researcher
#40 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 6:14 AM
Since we're thinking like the creators of TS4.

Money.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Instructor
#41 Old 16th Feb 2014 at 8:25 AM Last edited by Rinchan7 : 16th Feb 2014 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Accidently clicked submit before finished
My main feature would be town/world interconnectivity, but there would be a distinction between the 2:

Towns: normal towns that are the real world definition
World: The entirety of towns/countries connected
**Note: Due to this, there will have to be a User-friendly CAW available in the base game
  • Each town would have an option of a national holiday that occurs once every year, with the town having a 'second' look where it has decorations in town colors (optional)
  • Basic weather/seasons ex: rain (vary from mist, normal, storm), sunny(vary from very, slightly cloudy, overcast), aurora lights(rare), snow (vary from light, normal, blizzard), temps (vary from very cold, cold, normal, warm, hot, 'don't leave house hot'; at the beginning, using either F or C, simmers can choose the lowest and highest possible temperatures for town and the weather could be calculated accordingly; also wind (it might not move things necessarily but it would affect the overall temperature ex: wind chill making things colder or a breeze making a hot day bearable)) **Note: if sim has spent baby-adult used to a certain temperature, variations could affect their perception of the actual temperature ex: Shonda Sim is used to ~70 degrees F and decides to visit a place that is normally 0 to below 0, this would have more of a negative effect on her than on a sim from a similar temperature town
  • Towns have a select amount of natural resources (or by cheat have all resources) and need to keep a good relationship with other towns in order to get permission to trade for their resources
  • Families and friends could be spread out from town to town ex: immediate family lives in town A but great-grandparents live in town C and relationships are not lost, at most relationships are lost due to not maintaining relationship and when they visit someone out of town, the chance of getting robbed with no one in the house is slightly higher
  • Basic pets: cats, dogs, lizards, birds, hamsters, guinea pig (and the guinea pig disease), snake, tarantula (although with arachnophobia you better believe no sim of mine will have one)
  • Supernatural pets: cowplant, cowplant forest (sim could die there; this wouldn't necessarily be a pet, but be say, on the property of a wealthy sim who is 'mysteriously able to get rid of enemies' perhaps by influencing/daring them to go here especially when 'juiced', but if the enemy survives, there should be consequences if the law enforcement is not friends with the 'owner'; if this doesn't make sense, think of the Dark Forest a la Harry Potter)
  • Self-employment is available in base game
  • Sim can hold up to 3-4 jobs but they must not overlap in work times (they'll probably not like it unless they are workaholic though)
  • Teens can hold up to 2 part-time jobs
  • More specified differences between branches in jobs
  • Allow sim to stay in one job for life (are not forced to accept promotion when offered); adding to that, sims could desire a specific job ex: Teacher or Vice Principal, but ambitious sims would be more likely to just want to reach the top
  • Revise shells/rabbitholes: instead of all or nothing (view or not view), in work places, only public areas (an object in B/B mode can denote which is a public space) and the sim's office and other work areas are visible but the rest are block from view (how I heard TS2 apartment life was done) ex: Dr. Shonda Sim. Simmer can view lobby (public area and other public areas of the floor [divide shell view by floor?]) her office and, when visiting a colleague, their office (can look different, would make the look of the hospital count); can also see surgery room, but only if the controlled sim is doing surgery (otherwise, simmer would just see a light denoting whether a surgery is taking place)

Options of Schooling:

• Homeschooling
    • Parents and/or close family members (by family tree, not necessarily by relationship) could teach kids skills in their own way be it lecture, activity, reading, homework assignments, 'scavenger/scientific hunts' (ex: locate a wild fish/flower/herb and study it or locate a stone/metal and study its properties); how this is done depends on the parent but there is a town requirement of the child/teen having certain skills (and the amount of skills i.e. 3 in charisma) in order to be considered successfully homeschooled.
    • Can have field trips and give kids missions (ex: talk to {x} amount of sims or read a book and write a report; if sim has low writing skills than required, paper may have red marks and sim has to re-do and complete by a non-extended deadline) to complete for the trip to be considered a success

Regular Schooling
    • Upon creating school, decide if uniforms or casual wear (if uniforms is selected, simmer is taken to CAS to style uniform for kid-teen, can have the option of 3 uniforms: 2 for 'normal' (for the town) weather and one fore the opposite weather, ex: town is normally temperate but they have 1 cold weather uniform); the 2 'normal' temperature ones are to give kids a bit of a choice of a style or garment they prefer to wear
    • Kids must choose uniform after enrollment and will be penalized for coming to school without uniform
    • Upon starting game, parents need to actually enroll kids [by either phone (which they have to buy or use a public phone or use the phone in a place of business{they'll have to ask first though}), website, or visiting school building] otherwise the game automatically assumes homeschooling (certain traits, personalities could incline a sim to homeschooling or enrolling but if neutral, townie sims will enroll kids)
    • Also at game start, kids can pick electives (1 for kids and 2 for teens)
    • At any point then or thereafter, they could pick afterschool activities
    • Teens who do not learn how to drive will not be allowed to drive at all, unless they steal a car (consequences for both teen and car should happen here); could be taught by relative, school (as an elective) or take classes at school when they get older; (Teens and older should have a checkbox in CAS that says if the have learned how to drive); **Note: If a sim drives 'juiced', they either slightly zig-zag or stop and go while driving and can get a ticket from police
    • Once prom comes, sims can ask dates by a variety of methods (for fun) ex: directly asking, a note in class, phone calling/texting, asking via radio, etc. the same options could be given for marriage proposals
    • If teen has a high athletic skill, they could be scouted by town teams (and it does not have to be their own town) towards the end of the teen lifestage (giving them the option of an athletic career as a YA)
    • If teen has internship, it can count towards school credit
    • Have school sports/debate/math/science/etc. teams that play against other school teams (2 max per school)

Different Boarding Schools
    • First difference between schools is whether kid comes back every weekend or doesn't come back until end of lifestage
    • Each town could have its own boarding school and/or, have boarding school dorms added to the normal school (kids of the town, go home every night, but out-of-town kids sleep at school)
    • Schools that have themes (ex: art, military, etc) could have school activities unique to that sort of school ex: art has cultural festival but military has obstacle course/marathon event (this could make way for supernatural schools...like Hogwarts)
    • Kids could ask to visit a friends home or bring a friend home if the are enrolled in a school that allows them to come back during weekends

My secondary main feature would be job effectiveness in gameplay:
Ex:

Politics:
  • Sims can join parties [or, once they are high enough in the job ladder or, in rare cases, have very, very good charisma, can create parties who would have an option (if it's not election time) to make their stances known over time (they would have to decided immediately during election time though)](Stances example: maternal/paternal leave -> if paid/unpaid -> if only one parent can take it or both)
  • Election time: would last 1 sim week (going by experienced TS3 time)
  • Times in office, as a 'start' (experiment in base game), would all be the same for all office positions (the base being ~10 sim weeks or whatever is the sim equivalent of 5 years)
  • Those in office will be able to hire interns (and chose if paid/unpaid) for a max of 2 sim weeks
  • Age of interns could vary from teen-elder, but if teen, the employer may have more of an effect on the sim's opinions on politics
  • At the start of CAW, simmers could be prompted of the type of government they which to make (this way if there are features a gov. must have, notifications or a list could be displayed in a pop-up); gov. includes: democracy, monarchy, totalitarianism, communism, socialist (to be honest, I don't really know squat (read: forgot as soon as I finished classes that required the knowledge) about the different gov. but this should be implemented in non-drastic ways); there could also be a checkbox of 'offenses' that the news would look out for, mentions of things that the town considers bad for a leader's reputation would affect the leader's reputation; adding to this, depending on a balance of politics, law enforcement, and crime, towns could have a 'safety factor'; those with low safety factors would be considered more risky to live/visit but may also be cheaper/more affordable than other options
  • Leaders/Mayors of the towns would have a job requirement or progress bar of relationships with other mayors;
    good = favorable terms, special favors or higher chance of agreement, also more likely to ally with town in cases of trouble
    neutral = no special favors and no outright attempts to make town miserable (one option/example being, town A doesn't like town B so a citizen from town A defaces an important artwork/monument of town B)
    bad = non-favorable terms, depending on how much better the military size/effectiveness is and the reputation of the town's businesses, leader's could order for forcible or business-wise take-over of town (although this doesn't really seem sim-like...I'm mostly thinking of the civilization game here); also depending on military, towns could decide to outright not let sims of certain town-nationalities allowed, otherwise, to avoid heckling, sims could hide/beat around the bush, their nationality
  • There could be lobbying groups of sorts
  • Towns could have a 'total funds' affected by taxes and business contributions (which could come with strings attached), and the mayor could decided where the funds go (ex: give funds to school, military, science department, law enforcement, fire department, hospital, criminals, steal funds, put funds aside for landscaping town/public transportation projects (this only comes into play after starting a town i.e. simmer is not restricted in the creation of a town; also means, extending tracks(above ground) for trains, making underground subways, getting better and/or faster trains (comfort is different then speed), more funds for more buses (a person in gov. could decide the routes of the buses, but long routes with less buses take longer), funds for more taxis, funds for more planes (and/or better planes at airport, if the town has an airport; they could visit another town to use their airport), funds for more ships (and/or better ships, if there is a dock, could vary from a ferry to a cruise ship) [**Note: all transportation options cost simoleans unless simmer enters a cheat])/bribing-gifting ally town leader)

Education:
  • Only one principal and vice principal, advancement to these kinds of jobs (top jobs) if they are not empty can only happen if: person holding job dies, is fired, quits, retires or bribed (but if they don't quit after accepting bribe then sim could blackmail them and get them fired or persuade to quit to keep reputation)
  • Principal is in charge of funds and can give them to any club/activity they want ex: want a fair school where all clubs get ~ equal funding, you can choose that, want a stereotypical school where the sports team gets the most funding, you can choose that, want a school that favors a different sort of activity/club, go ahead but , you can only do this if the sim you control is the principal; if your sim is vice principal, they could influence the principal to allocate funds to certain clubs. Funds could also go to an A period/morning period class (could be based for specific skill or be homeroom where a bit of every (base) skill is covered), also funds could decide what electives are offered.
  • If you are a teacher you can choose how to teach (plan curriculum on weekends) i.e. you could choose to lecture, do activity (including labs), a combination of both, or a reading day. You can choose a 1-3 skills to focus on each day (again this is mainly planned in one day but can be changed any day of the week), but the more skills you want to focus on, the less advancement in those skills the kids get compared to focusing on just one skill for that day; the normal amount would be 2 skills per day (1 before and 1 after lunch). Field trips can be planned based on the skills you want to focus on, but if it is visiting an establishment, you need to get permission at least 48 hours in advance (so that kids get 24 hours to get their parents to sign permission slips {parents might reject field trip more if say, the trip is to the gov. office building and they don't like current leader/party in power}).

Can also choose the amount of hw to give (none, normal, a lot) or special activities (ex: for P.E, hw would be to use treadmill or walk/jog for a certain amount of time); too much hw can cause students stress and may result in them pranking teacher's house by tp or egging; also, if class is highly stressed due to hw for 1 week, teacher could be reprimanded/take pay cut, if the opposite happens, teacher is likely to be offered promotion (note the 'offered', they do not have to take the promotion and can stay a teacher as long as they please)
  • Parents must call to have bus pick kids up, otherwise it is assumed the parents will drop them off or kids will get there on their own (can be taken cared in initial school enrollment); can also cancel bus services

Adding to the hw idea:
    no hw = no skill increase after school due to hw (make sense?)
    normal hw = 'normal' skill increase, but can vary kid by kid ex: a kid with an affinity for logic (skill affinity decided in CAS; up to 2 skills could be chosen, including 'hidden' skills) would finish faster and have more skill increase than a kid that doesn't
    a lot of hw = for a short period of time, occasionally slightly higher skill increase but worse moods for kids (which eventually affects learning)
  • If teacher has a bad student(s), teacher can make house visit or phone call

This is really long...so I'm going to stop here
Theorist
#42 Old 17th Feb 2014 at 1:45 PM
What were the aspects of the original Sims 1 that made the Sims so famous?

Things like this, perhaps?:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9IODWK6ZeM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkG-VzOAZH0

Just pretend the Sims 4's main focus on "Emotions" hasn't been implemented yet, what would your main focus of the game be?

What would I do? Make the things that worked in TS3 even better for TS4:

*We had story mode, and it will be story modier in TS4 by having an experienced script genius whose awesome brain can't fit inside his skull so he has to live with an open skull work out decisions outside of live mode such as moving in new created sims to the neighborhood when there is an empty house that is tagged 'can be story moded,' age sims appropriately on a global scale so that sims can die of old age and perhaps empty a lot, carry out some events such as sims going to jail for their crime careers and sims dying by accident so that you can see that little timmy who did poorly in school became a criminal, sims getting married to who they would have married based on their relations, sims getting richer or poorer because the game says so, all stuff that is story modey and would be great if automated IF story mode is turned on.

*Voices. The base voices would be a selection of 3-5, but there would be additional voice sets with some context. A voice set that is fit for depressed sims, another for a dumb sim, a grouchy one, one with blunt effect, one that is too laid back, another that liked x before it was even cool, another one that is jittery from too much coffee, etc. This is all so that there will be an appropriate voice selection to choose from for players who would make sims that are too happy, or stir crazy, or maybe wears their shoes too tight, or have a case of the mondays. I mean, in TS3 I tried to make a really mean sim but found that none of the three default voices could match the intent of my sim. All of the three default voices were pleasant and likeable, but essentially the same ( to me ).

*Animations: Sims can cancel out of activities much sooner. No more taking a hundred and eight years to stop blogging or painting or playing chess or whatever. No you don't need to wind down, sim, just get up and answer the phone! This would likely be done by splitting up the animations into smaller animation steps. Pathfinding: I would hire teenage hacker Angelina Jolie from the movie Hackers to make sims stop using the upstairs bathroom when there is an unused bathroom on the same floor. And for those who love big houses, no more sims choosing to interact with far away objects too much. They will prefer what is closer first and then consider what is further.

*So they want to make woohoo a skill, eh? Then practicing woohoo can only get a sim up to 5 points. The other five points would have to be gotten by 1. reading a bestselling book about woohoo 2. learning the secret of woohoo secret from a woohoo guru ( a guhoo ). 3. donating 1000 simoleons to the Woohoo Foundation 4. subscribing to Woohoo Wagazine 5. Paying the fortune teller to cast a woohoo enchantment on you or hunting the magic woohoo llama and making it breath on you, and then letting it go.
Test Subject
#43 Old 3rd Mar 2014 at 10:03 PM
Actual quest missions not just "click n watch" gameplay.
See your character inside the buildings doing their selected tasks : acting, surgery, robbing, learning, etc.

That and BOOB JIGGLE!

Just kidding... maybe :q
Forum Resident
#44 Old 4th Mar 2014 at 12:20 AM
The problem with jiggle physics as implemented in most video games is that the person who always animates it has very obviously never seen a pair of boobs in real life before. So, please no. The pointy breast slider in LN was enough.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 4th Mar 2014 at 11:50 AM
Genetics. That is all I want.

I can deal with the lack of sliders, the high bloom effect, the cartoony feel.
Just give me proper, working genetics. Anything above the Sims 3 ones would be an improvement!

"Those who mind don't matter; and those that matter don't mind" - Dr Suess
Inventor
#46 Old 4th Mar 2014 at 12:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Devon99
I'd focus more on details,(they are important,aren't they?)and on the look of the sims.(i don't want ugly ones,i want those who look realistic xd)

Are you indeed saying that ugly people are not realistic? I can in that case include a picture of my simself to prove you wrong.
Field Researcher
#47 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 8:07 AM
Definitely the family aspect, TS3's children and babies were pretty much a joke. Even if you shell out 40 dollars for more content that should of been in the base game(generations), there still isn't much to do. I cannot believe we haven't seen ANYTHING children related in TS4 yet. The whole point of The Sims series is to simulate life, TS3 just lacked that family aspect TS2 and the original game had.
Babies, toddlers, children and teens are important. I should not be bored and counting the days for it to be over, we need a lot more stuff to do.
Forum Resident
#48 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 3:42 PM
I think what The Sims has been missing since Sims 2 came out is just the sheer absurdity's that The Sims 1 had.

There was dance cages and stripper cakes and just all kinds of tacky and ridiculous things! But it had balance too, there was nice tasteful furniture and just stuff that you would use for your really wacky sims. They have gone too realistic and it's taken the fun away a little bit. Granted, custom content can bring that element into it, but it should be there from the base game.

I would like weather and pets from the start as well. So far, I'm liking the look of Sims 4 anyway.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 5:28 PM
I would want make a really good, complex relationship between sims personal lives and their interaction with the community. The problem for the open world for me was that there wasn't a big reason for sims to leave the house and enter society and I think that sims 4 should encourage that sort of activity, since in real life you can't really stay inside all day and do nothing as an adult. If sims lives were more connected to the open world I think the game would be more fulfilling and complete, and decisions would matter more.

Firstly, I think only sims with an ambitious trait would be able to get really high up on a career ladder, I think most sims should only be able to get to level 6 before stopping. Level 6 would still be a good job, but only a few would ever get to the top of each career, and I think this would keep the variety of people at different job levels looking good.

I would want politician sims to be able to influence the town and enact "laws" of different kinds to change the way that people do things. They could be corrupt and bribe people, or be benevolent. Maybe they could ban certain items from people in people's gardens, or make police give stricter sentences to criminals, or declare a certain day a holiday, or raise or lower taxes. Just things that would actually affect other sim's lives. I think it would be good if they were a bad mayor, and stole money from the town, or taxes were too low, then things like lights in the town wouldn't work, or you couldn't hire a lot of police officers.
This would make things like protests make more sense, because if you were doing things a lot of sims didn't like they would protest. Are loads of sims in your town outdoor-loving? They won't like that the park was turned into a mall. Are a lot of your sims evil? They might not like the lovely new park you just built!
I think the town should be able to run itself if you aren't playing a politician sim, but it would be great to have things in the neighbourhood change over time and for sims to have opinions about it. If a new park is built, then all the outdoor-loving sims in town should want to visit it more and do things there, and think better of their town. Maybe if there isn't anything outdoorsy to do in their town they'd want to move. I think the town direction should be influenced by the sims inside it. If this sort of thing was implemented then the town wouldn't just look different depending on the styles of what you built, but different towns might be more dangerous or more suburban, or more for green sims, or maybe it's a big mix of different sims so people are constantly fighting about what the town should be.

For police, maybe a police-sim would be friends with someone, and if they caught them doing something illegal, then they would let them off. Maybe they're a nice cop so they just give warnings to teenagers, or they want to teach those kids a lesson so put them in the slammer for longer.

Teachers with different personalities could have children react to then differently. A rebellious teacher might have loads of teenage fans, a mean teacher might have kids egging their house, a really good teacher might have kids and their parents giving then cakes and presents. A nerdy teacher might have the nerdy kids love them, but be ridiculed by the cool kids in their class.

I think this would be really good for sims with businesses too. If a chef opens a new restaurant, sims would go there, and if it's bad then they might stop. if it's amazing, maybe the Mayor will come down and praise it, and it'll become a lot more popular. Maybe if your sim is an artist, a politician will hire you to make a new sculpture for the park, or a rich sim could commission a portrait of themselves in your style (they might like it.... they might not!). A sim in a business career could influence a politician to lower the taxes for their business, or raise ones for their competitors. If a sim was friends with a sim with a business, they would want to go to that place more and use those services. Sims should be able to have favourite places to do things in, or favourite hangouts.

If there was a lot of scientists or inventors in your town, maybe it's a bit richer, or has more advancements (suddenly sims are buying hover cars, or growing easy-to-grow perfect plants, or everyone has a servo). You could have days where sims from different careers could go into the school, and at the end of the day maybe a child would be influenced to want that career when they're older.

If a sim is a criminal, I think that should affect their status within society. If your sim hides what they're doing and is smart about it, and steals things secretly, then other sims would be afraid about recently criminal activity, but not know it was that sim. If a sim got caught doing criminal acts though, then they would be treated worse by other sims within that town, maybe banned from certain shops, or shouted at by other sims.

I liked the idea of gossip from late night, but it was weirdly judgey and wasn't obvious enough. It wasn't very integrated into the society. I think maybe people need personal relationship bars, but also a bar that says what their position in society is. I think a bar of what your friends think of you (overall), and another bar of what the town thinks of you in general would be interesting. If a sim is a shut-in, then both bars would be low because they have no friends and don't do anything in a town to get prestige, if a sim is high-up in a crime syndicate, both bars could be very high, or the town bar could be low if everyone knows that sim is a nasty piece of work. If a sim is a headteacher that hates children, their personal relationships could be low, but they have a high town bar. If a sim is a very nice and friendly, but people don't agree with what they're doing as a politician, then your relationship bar could be high, but your town bar would be really low. If a sim is a teenage bully, maybe both bars are high as a teenager (or only the town one is low), but get low once you're an adult. If you are an average sim, maybe your bars are pretty much in the middle most of the time.

I would like things like funerals to be more important. If a sim with high repute dies, then sims from around the neighbourhood should mourn, not just the family, and not just at home. Conversely if a sim everyone hates dies, then maybe some sims are happy about it.

Addenbrooke: a beautiful and magical world with a large city.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 11th Mar 2014 at 1:33 AM
My main focus would be to appeal to the players. The people who are buying the product. If they aren't happy with what's being offered, then they won't buy. It's a basic concept that will hopefully apply to TS4.

But since this is also turning into a suggestions thread -- I'd make it easier to create/edit worlds. I could never wrap my puny brain around CAW, and placing trees in TS2 was a pain in the butt (but I liked the customization). And I'd try to keep in mind that The Sims is a singleplayer sandbox game first and foremost, and that everybody will want to play the game differently, making forced linear gameplay and conformity to one way of playing the game a really, really bad idea.

TS2 Challenge Addict.
Page 2 of 2