Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Mar 2005 at 12:54 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Pets, Seasons, Apartment Life
Default Black mirrors, wierd neighbourhood graphics and more!
Hello everyone!
I have a few problems...maybe someone has had the same thing or knows how to fix it? :-)

all the mirrors in my game are black (in create a sim mode too)

when i am in the neighbourhood view, my houses are all messed up. You see a sort of deformed roof, and then a big square picture of one of the sims in the house...it looks like there are several pictures layered on top of each other. boo ho! no nice neighbourhood

and the worst - my pictures dont' work....i have loads of black photos!, and neither does 'paint a portrait' - well, they paint the portrait that you choose, but its all black :-(

my graphics card is more than what you need, and i have enought memory...

now i've un-installed and trying to put it on my laptop....which is where i ran into the other problem....CD2 doesn't work!! but it does in the other PC (I already started a thread about this a few hours ago, but i've jsut changed name from karoly to dragonsinger) :-)

Thank you

Dragonsinger
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 17th Mar 2005 at 7:47 AM
Hi, Incase anyone has this problem...

I've just reinstalled everything (again) onto my newly repaired laptop instead of my boyfriends computer and everything is fine. So Im assuming that this was a computer problem rather than a CD problem or bug problem.
Also, which is weird, my boyfriends computer has a great graphics card and more than enough memory, so i have no idea where the glitch was..(my laptop's graphics card isn't as good as his either, but it works..)
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 21st Mar 2005 at 1:29 AM
Don't feel too bad--I had that "layered photo" thing at one point, as well. What I ended up doing was going into the storytelling folder and deleting the picture that corresponded with the funky one in the game. Then I cranked up my virtual memory (as I am poor and cannot afford more RAM.) Haven't had a problem since.
Faster kill pussycat
#4 Old 22nd Mar 2005 at 9:13 PM Last edited by nova-storm : 22nd Mar 2005 at 9:20 PM.
Hi I had this happen to me. I had to call tech support to fix it.

1st the mirror and pic. issue is from you vidio card. You need to d/l new drivers.

2nd. If you use bloprog true cheat just 1time it can give you big heads in your NH. It was
odd to see that!
here is what I fond at thesims2 for vid card drivers

Maxis recommends updating your video drivers before installing. To update your video drivers, follow these instructions:

1. Determine what video card you have. Go to your start menu and click on run. Type in dxdiag and hit OK. The DirectX diagnostic tool should open. Under the Display tab, you should see the name of your video card and the manufacturer. For example, Name: Nvidia GeForce FX 5900 Ultra, Manufacturer: Nvidia.

2. Go to the manufacturer of your video card's website to download the latest drivers. Follow the links to download the latest video card drivers.

Here are some common manufacturers websites:
http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp
http://www.ati.com/support/driver.html
http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-010475.htm

3. Once you've downloaded the drivers, open the folder where you saved the download and open the file. Follow the installation instructions in the installer to install the updated driver.

The tech support at ea games is awsome! so if that dose not fix itcall them
650-628-4329

PS Dragonsinger
there is a new pern book out! Anne McCaffry wrote it with her son Todd. It is called DragonsBlood. Just got it. :P
Nova
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Mar 2005 at 8:31 PM
Hi Nova,

thanks for all the advice!!

Really?!! excellent! I am just finishing The Skies of Pern now! Will go and order it right away!

Thanks again!

Dragonsinger
Faster kill pussycat
#6 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 6:30 AM
I have read them all 2x! I am working one reading every thing she has ever wrote! And I want to own all her books in Hard back. That way I can give them to my Daughter when she getts older
Nova