Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 6:52 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default My sims will not through parties...
My sims pick up the phone, but then jump away from it. I have the maxis patch that fixed the jump bug, this is something new. Anyone else having this problem?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 18th Mar 2005 at 6:56 AM
Sorry my nephew is only eight. My sims will not throw parties.
Moderator of Aardvarks
#3 Old 19th Mar 2005 at 8:34 PM
Hrmmm...is he trying adult sims? Child sims can not throw parties.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 21st Mar 2005 at 7:45 AM
In University, I have some sims that can throw a party and then at other times they can't. I don't now what im doing if anything, but for me its totally random. I wondered at one point if you had to have 'want' to have a party to be able to call??
Test Subject
#5 Old 26th Mar 2005 at 1:13 PM
Default My sims have phone problems too ...
Yes, I am experiencing the same type of problems with my sims not being able to throw parties. I am currently working with Tech Support to solve the problem. So far it seems that some of the custom content downloaded in packaged lots have caused the problem whether as in duplication in game files of the phone objects or the stacking problems in the logs is unclear. If i get a definitive answer, I will post what I find and let you know. Likewise, if you find a definitive answer, please message or post back. Thanks.
Moderator of Aardvarks
#6 Old 27th Mar 2005 at 9:30 PM
Custom content could be causing this issue, though there is also a known "jump bug." Try MOVING (not copying) your entire Downloads folder to your Desktop and restart the game. Try throwing a party, if it works, you know for sure a download is causing the issue.
Test Subject
#7 Old 28th Mar 2005 at 2:11 AM
Yes, I've had the same problem. I got it right after I made a custom neighborhood and moved all my favorite families from the 3 other neighborhoods into the new hood. None of the families could throw a party anymore, they would just jump back from the phone. Luckily there is a hack to fix this on this site. I think it's called party-bug fix and weddingfix, or something like that. Those hacks worked great for me and fixed the problem. When I removed the hacks to install university and played for a bit without them, I noticed that after university my party jump bug was fixed-though it took a few seconds of my sim standing at the phone before the list popped up. It did work again without the hacks because something in university seems fix that prob(though university has plenty of bugs of its own).

Finally, I was poking around in my character files last night, and I noticed that my custom hood had over 1600 sims in it!! This couldn't be right, of course--I don't have near that many sims. So I downloaded SimPE so I could see who all those characters were. I found over a thousand duplicates of sims--for some reason I think when sims move to a new hood they 'remember' and bring with them a version of every sim they'd ever met. I had about 20 Abhijeets, for instance-even though I killed him a long time ago and he no longer should exist anywhere. Well SimPE was totally confusing to me, and its not like I have the time to sort through 1600 sims one by one to see who to get rid of. So I looked at my character files in my new neighborhood, arranged them by date modified and just deleted all of them who have not been modified in the past month. Wiped out 1300 sims just like that, and my game is playing so much better now. I don't need the party hacks anymore, and there is no long pause when they pick up the phone. The sims who were deleted no longer really existed anyways, the only thing that seems to be messed up is that sims memories of meeting so-and so- who no longer exist- does not have their picture or name on the memory icon. Oh well. And apparently I also deleted Brandi Broke's parents and grandparents, as well as Skip because they were long dead and thier files would not have been modified at all. So the genealogy chart no longer displays them. Oh well.

Anyways---to get to the point...
I think this party jump bug is caused by having too many character files in a neighborhood, because when you move sims across neighborhoods or download families you get a ton of character files that are unneccessary and mess up the game. The party jump-bug, and the no urn/headstone bug are probably caused by this. And it's not like we did anything wrong with the way we play our games, its just not very efficient programming by maxis.

So thats my theory! Sorry to be such a windbag and I hope I helped!