Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Mar 2005 at 8:25 AM
Default Wants/Fears Constantly rotating in live mode.
I've just started experiencing this glitch/bug/whatever it is yesterday and it is driving me insane! I'm not sure what made it start either. I was playing the game earlier that day when it started and it was fine then and then when I went back into the game, that is when I noticed that my wants/fears boxes were constantly rotating without me even getting anything done, I could just be standing still in live mode and they would still be rotating on me. I may go through my hacks/downloads and see if it could be from one of those but I'm not really sure if it is or not from that. Could that happen if a file was corrupted or anything? I havent had this happen to me before as I've mentioned and I want this thing fixed without having to reinstall my game since I havent had it installed again very long since I just had my computer in the shop for another reason and dont want to have to already install my game again cuz of this now. Any help/suggestions are very much appreciated! Thanks, Mark.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 27th Mar 2005 at 3:47 PM
Hey Mark. I've had that problem reported by a few others also. Some seem to think it's related to the personal electronics, but I'm not so sure yet. Do the sims in the family with this problem have all the electronics?

Also, when the wants spin, do they stop on a want for a little while and then respin, or do they just keep spinning and never stop?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Mar 2005 at 8:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by twojeffs
Hey Mark. I've had that problem reported by a few others also. Some seem to think it's related to the personal electronics, but I'm not so sure yet. Do the sims in the family with this problem have all the electronics?

Also, when the wants spin, do they stop on a want for a little while and then respin, or do they just keep spinning and never stop?

Hey Jeff, I just moved that family in before but I may have gotten so far as to give them all the electronics already, I'll check that out when I get back in the game. As far as the spinning thing, the first time it spun for awhile then stopped a sec then went right back to it but now it just keeps spinning all the time when in live mode unless I pause the game then it will stop then goes right back to it when unpaused. I'm still thinking that something is up from a dl that may have went bad tho so I'll check that out as well when I'm back in game later. Thanks for the help so far tho.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Mar 2005 at 6:01 AM
Jeff, I just now tried ur suggestion of removing one of the electronics from my sims for this and it does not help the spinning. The spinning goes around once and stops for a split second then spins again, that keeps doing the same thing all the time. I might resort to the drastic measure and reinstall my entire game again putting my dl's in a few at a time and see if its a bad hack or something. Wish I knew what it was tho so you could tell the other posters you seen before that have this problem, but you can at least let them know that taking one electronic out from every sim does not stop the spinning process.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 2:28 AM
Jeff, I just wanted to update you on that problem. I tried several things to fix it and nothing worked so I had to uninstall my game completely so that appears to be the only way to get that particular problem solved. Sucks that that seems to be the only way to get it to work, at least I'm hoping it works as I've yet to reinstall my game yet and see lol. Thanks for trying to help me tho.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 2:50 AM
I have that problems too, but after i locked 1/2 of them and after a while, they stopped.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 2:50 AM
No problem. It sucks you've got to reinstall. The game is definately getting stuck in a loop somewhere, but there are so many places in the game that could be causing it, this is a difficult one to track down.

BTW - do you have any Object Error logs in your \my documents\ea games\the sims2\logs folder from the past few days? If you haven't deleted the folder already, of course.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 3:03 AM
I also had this problem. But I just settled for moving the family out and then into a new house and so far so good. It was just the one family too, so I don't know if that was important. It was just weird. I had been playing for a little bit and then it just started with every member of the family. Its a very odd glitch, but moving them in and out seems to be a good fix for now.
Test Subject
#9 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 8:41 AM
I've also had this problem. I usually just close the Wants/Fears panel and leave it closed for a little while and the problem just goes away by itself.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 8:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by twojeffs
No problem. It sucks you've got to reinstall. The game is definately getting stuck in a loop somewhere, but there are so many places in the game that could be causing it, this is a difficult one to track down.

BTW - do you have any Object Error logs in your \my documents\ea games\the sims2\logs folder from the past few days? If you haven't deleted the folder already, of course.

When you posted this Jeff, I had already uninstalled my game so I have no idea if there was any object errors or not. *doh!*
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 29th Mar 2005 at 8:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MonkeeQn
I also had this problem. But I just settled for moving the family out and then into a new house and so far so good. It was just the one family too, so I don't know if that was important. It was just weird. I had been playing for a little bit and then it just started with every member of the family. Its a very odd glitch, but moving them in and out seems to be a good fix for now.

I moved my family into a new house I built as well and as soon as the game was in live mode it started right back up doing the same thing so I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling my game.