Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Apr 2018 at 8:30 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Invisible objects blocking paths/unusable floor tiles
My sims can't reach certain objects close to the front door. They behave like something is placed on the floor but there is absolutely nothing there. They complain and in the thought bubble where there's usually an icon of the object blocking the path there are squiggly lines instead. Corruption?

No objects can be placed on the "occupied tiles" either. I tried to solve it by deleting the foundation but the floor tiles still remain and can't get deleted no matter what.

It started out as only a single tile slowly spreading until most of the second floor is covered with unusable floor tiles!
Sims can still walk on the floor perfectly normal however.

marked the corrupted tiles with pink so the area would be visible

I used Stuck Object Remover and it helps temporary but as soon as the paperboy/girl tries to deliver the newspaper outside the door an error message pops up, I'm forced to reset or delete the sim and it's back to the way it was. It seems like there's not enough space for the paper to be placed between the stairs and the door.

I'm currently playing in Veronaville but I had the exact same bug happen in a house with foundation in Académie Le Tour (Pleasantview) as well. Both of these houses were pre-made and included in the basegame.

I would also like to address that my neighborhoods are most likely corrupted since I've unknowingly made the mistake of deleting sims from the simbin. Hoping there's a way to fix this so at least my houses are functioning.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Apr 2018 at 10:07 AM
Does the bat box say anything? That's what I would check next. Also, enlarge your front porch, it's too small and causing paper route failure.

For your corruption, are you running Hood Checker?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#3 Old 13th Apr 2018 at 5:25 PM
Stuck Object Remover would told what was being deleted, knowing what the things are would go a long way to figuring out the cause. Several actions/interactions will lay a reserve tile marker and should either delete it or mark it for self deletion when complete, if the action errors out before completion then the reserve tile marker is left behind. After cleaning them up try running with testing cheats on for a while to see if something is throwing an error.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Apr 2018 at 8:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Does the bat box say anything? That's what I would check next. Also, enlarge your front porch, it's too small and causing paper route failure.

For your corruption, are you running Hood Checker?

Never heard of bat box.
I did enlarge my front porch, used Stuck Objects Remover again and as for now the issue is gone!
I'll try out Hood Checker. Thanks!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Apr 2018 at 8:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
Stuck Object Remover would told what was being deleted, knowing what the things are would go a long way to figuring out the cause. Several actions/interactions will lay a reserve tile marker and should either delete it or mark it for self deletion when complete, if the action errors out before completion then the reserve tile marker is left behind. After cleaning them up try running with testing cheats on for a while to see if something is throwing an error.

It gave me a pop up saying "*Destination - For Drop" was deleted.
I'm now most certain it had to do with the paperboy not being able to complete his delivery due to the small porch.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 14th Apr 2018 at 1:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Llama_Face
Never heard of bat box.

Pescado's FFS Lot Debugger, also known as the "bat box" due to its appearance, is a very useful utility mod. It can fix several common problems in The Sims 2. You can get it here (ffsdebugger.zip):

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/f...r=al%2Fhacks%2F
Screenshots
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 14th Apr 2018 at 10:31 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 15th Apr 2018 at 7:53 AM.
Since you haven't heard of the bat Box, which you should go and get, you do have the essential mods in to stop your hoods and game blowing itself up? Make sure you have No Unlink on delete, Creature fixes (if you play vampires) No Sim Loaded + Smarter EP Check and No Corrupt death.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 6:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Since you haven't heard of the bat Box, which you should go and get, you do have the essential mods in to stop your hoods and game blowing itself up? Make sure you have No Unlink on delete, Creature fixes 9if you play vampires) No Sim Loaded + Smarter EP Check and No Corrupt death.

I only have Smarter EP Check. I'll make sure to get the rest of these mods.