Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 2:26 AM
Default Spamalot!
I got to see Spamalot on Broadway a couple years ago and it was amazing! And coincedentally my school is probably doing it as the spring play! So excited.
Anyway, does anyone here do drama, or see any good shows lately? Broadway, local, school, anything! I'd love to hear about all of the other actors/actresses/techies here!

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 2:48 AM
I do Musical Theatre at my school. Last year we did the Secret Garden, and rumours are going around that this year we'll be doing Starmites. However, we don't find out until around Thanksgiving. D:

I'd really like to do Wonderful Town, Sweeney Todd, or Hairspray. Alas, it won't happen.

And how on earth is your school able to afford the rights to Spamalot, let alone customes, sets, etc!? I'm jealous of your budget. So jealous.

-Holy Hell!-
The cement is just - it's there for the weight dear!

Nice 'n' easy does it everytime...
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 2:58 AM
We got the rights by having one of our lighting crew's mom being a friend of a friend of a friend of a cousin of one of the copyright holders. I have no idea if that's the right number of degrees of seperation, but you get the idea.

Costumes and sets? We pay the same way we pay for everything, last years tickets and candy sales and reusing every tchetchy scrap of cloth or wood we get our hands on. The tower form last year's show has wood in it that is twenty years old and has a half inch of paint build up on it. That's how we afford everything. Oh and student labor to do things is very very very cheap. The price of a quarter pizza per kid for six hours. Most of which is paid for by the kid.

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Test Subject
#4 Old 19th Sep 2007 at 7:09 PM
I do technical theater work in school. Its tons of fun but sometimes its to much work. We stay after a lot, including nights, weekends, and other days. This is along with our mass loads of homeworks. This year we are doing the King and I musical.

It should be tons of fun and I belive I'm doing sound and lights maybe props. Or mics and stage managing. Completly not sure but I have heard that I will be spending so much time there that I will fall asleep on the catwalk!
Instructor
#5 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 6:22 PM
Spamalot is wonderful. You are so lucky! Can I come see it? :D

I love musicals, and I'm currently overjoyed because I recently found out that Rent (one of my favourite musicals) is finally coming to London! Yay! I've seen the film and have the soundtrack, but I always (... always meaning the least year or two since I've been obsessed) really wanted to see it, but I thought I was going to have to treck over to America. So, yay! :D
Test Subject
#6 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 8:07 PM
I've been wanting to see Spamalot since I've heard about it. They came to Dallas this past summer and I didn't get to see them. Recently I went to the Spamalot site and its coming back to Texas next summer. Although its in San Antonio..thats 3 hours from where I live. I need to buy the soundtrack the next time I see it at the store..
Test Subject
#7 Old 20th Oct 2007 at 2:24 PM
At my school we're putting on Oklahoma! :D