Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 1:40 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims 2 Not Starting After Reinstall- Windows 10
Okay, so when I first bought this computer, I was able to install and run Sims 2 on Windows 10. However, because I could not run bodyshop, after months of doing without it, I decided to reinstall everything from the old disks, in the hopes that I could fix the issue. I started testing it out in Apartment Life, and bodyshop worked. Yay! However, I couldn't get the game to work. I was getting the "Failed to find any Directx9 compatible graphics...." error message. I figured is because I have a newer graphics card (GForce 1060), so I installed the Graphics Rules Maker as I did like last time. But now I can't get the game to play at all. It starts up and then crashes almost immediately. I'm not even getting anything happening.
However, on GOS I read about how one person got their game to stop crashing completely, so I went ahead and installed CFF explorer and followed these directions: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Sims_3:CFF_Explorer
I was hoping that it would fix the problem, since it had always made my gameplay much smoother before. No such luck! Now when I click on the EXE, I get a windows message saying, " This App can't run on your PC." Ugh! So I'm officially out of ideas and I'd really like to play up my game....but now bodyshop won't run either, and that's the whole point of all of this! Please help!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 10:57 PM
This an old thread, so I don't know if you've figured your problem out since then, but this tutorial might be able to help.
Test Subject
#3 Old 30th Sep 2019 at 11:08 AM
I'm having this exact problem. I tried LyleSnake's document, but it still came up as "App can't run on Windows 10" the only way to get the game to work again was to go back to the pre-4GB Patch version of the .exe I saved. But that still leaves me with the problem that I don't have the 4GB patch applied so that game has gone back to crashing on load up.