Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 4:52 PM
Default How to change an object from increasing fun to merely removing stress?
Hi,

I have a question. I really want to modify a CC object so it would not raise a sim's fun to the fullest, but rather only raise it from negative numbers to 0. It is similar as what taking a bath or sleeping in a comfy bed does. It does relieve stress significantly, but doesn't raise your fun bar above 0. How can I achieve that? I wasn't able to figure it out on my own and Google was not very helpful in this case either :-/

Thanks a lot
~MiaAngelina
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 12:37 PM
You can take a look at the ITUN for taking a bath to get some hints.

An example of the Fun commodity for taking a bath reads as such:
Change type="Fun" advertised="25" locked="False" actual="66" updateType="ContinuousFlow" timeDependsOn="False" updateEvenOnFailure="False" updateAboveAndBelowZero="DontIncreaseAboveZero" /

Thus to achieve the desired action of reducing stress but not increasing fun over 0, updateAboveAndBelowZero should be "DontIncreaseAboveZero". For the CC object that you want to modify, you can change the ITUN related to its use to achieve your objective. However, unless the ITUN is specific only to that CC object, this will also make all other objects that use the same ITUN not raise fun above 0.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 6:54 PM
Thank you very much! That's exactly what I needed. I was suspecting it would have something to do with that particular value, but I couldn't find any example of how it is used correctly.

~MiaAngelina
Alchemist
#4 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 4:04 PM
I know this is old, but if you don't want to get into ITUN modding and affect ALL objects of that type, you can try opening your CC with S3OC and changing its topic rating in the second tab. You can find a collection of them here: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...#Topic.2FRating.
The one you need is "Stress Relief", code 00000005 (you enter this in the first row of the first column), followed by 0000000B in the second column, I believe.
Afterwards, simply save your package without selecting the Clone or Renumber options.
This will allow you to edit only this particular object (and if you do clone it, you can have two versions in your game: one that reduces stress, and one that doesn't).

If you want to try this with S3PE, I believe the TGI blocks are at the end of the OBJD resource.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!