Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 5:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simfeetunder
Jollyroses, you saying that wasn't helpful also isn't helpful. If the OP has any other sims games they may actually have an EA Games folder in their documents and wouldn't find The Sims 4 within that. I have two EA Games folders in my documents (somehow) and also the Electronic Arts folder.

@morgead, there should be, as Panoca has said, a folder called Mods within the Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 folder and that folder should have a resource.cfg file in there which tells the game to look in there.

Jollyroses, you said you put your own Mods folder in there, did you find a resource.cfg to put inside of it?

I did the same thing as jollyroses, I put my own mod folder in there and it didn't show up any mods. I even have a resource.cfg file in there
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 12:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mummy_001
You need to go to your My Documents folder. Mine is on my desktop inside a folder called Tracey as that is my name and the name my computer was given when I installed Windows 7
Inside your My documents is a folder called Electronic Arts
Inside this folder you should see the versions of any Sims games you have installed on your computer.
go to the Sims 4 folder
Once inside you should already see a mods folder.
That is where you add your custom content and mods.
Do not go to your C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4
Please remove the mods folder you made at that location.
You will still need to read up on how to instal .PYO and .PY files as these must remain in a zipped format inside your mods folder
.package files need to be unzipped
Make sure script mods is selected inside your Sims 4 games setting (this can only be done when your playing your game)
Hope this helps a little...

I know, but when I got to my documents in the electronic arts folder I don't have the sims 4 folder in there.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#3 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 4:24 AM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
  • Sims 4 - Installing CC
    You appear to not have read our great guides to downloading and installing custom content for Sims 4.

Game_Help:TS4_Custom_Contentwiki This link contains everything you've ever wanted to know about installing custom content.

Have you played the game yet? It won't generate until you have played.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 12:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
  • Sims 4 - Installing CC
    You appear to not have read our great guides to downloading and installing custom content for Sims 4.

Game_Help:TS4_Custom_Contentwiki This link contains everything you've ever wanted to know about installing custom content.

Have you played the game yet? It won't generate until you have played.

Yes I've played the game for 10 hours, And I already know how to install mods and stuff. The problem i'm having is that there is no folder of the sims 4 in my documents folder on my desktop. But there is one on my laptop (I dont play the sims 4 on my laptop, but i've installed the game on both using origin)
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 12:16 AM
Any way you can copy/paste the file path in your documents folder so we can see what exactly you are looking at?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 12:52 AM
Im not sure how to post the photos on here, but I have taken the pictures.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 4:16 AM
Yes my game is legit, purchased it from walmart lol.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 4:20 AM
Is your game a legitimate version or is it a pirated version?
When posting pictures (jpegs) all you need to do is scroll down below the posting box (where you type your message) scroll below the smilies There you will see a Image Upload button press upload image find your file and Bobs your Uncle.....

This is my documents folder, This is all i have in there.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 4:21 AM
Ugh, this is frustrating me. The picture wont even upload. I'm just going to call ea. Thanks everyone though for trying to help.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 5:09 PM
Sometimes the size of the picture may be too large. Open image in paint or paint.net crop image and save as jpeg then upload again....

This is the only way I could crop it but you get the picture.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 5:13 PM
That's the only files in the documents folder.
Scholar
#12 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 1:16 AM Last edited by mummy_001 : 2nd Nov 2014 at 1:44 AM.
I just did a Google search (how to install CC on pirated cracked version of the Sims 4) and guess what..... When you have a cracked (Pirated game) the mods folder does not show and there will be no Sims 4 folder in my documents...... So I think we have been wasting our time here.

I've delete my posts. Most disappointing to think we tried to help when I have just discovered you don't have a mods folder if the game is Pirated.

Could Admin please make some sort of sticky about Cracked versions not having a Mods Folder or even not having a Sims 4 folder in My documents. That way we do not end up wasting our time trying to help people with this issue.
I know eventually the Pirates will find a work around, but at least for the time being the rest of us who purchase legitimate versions are aware of this.....
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#13 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 1:38 AM
The OP has stated they purchased their game, I am not quite prepared to call them a liar.

Try searching your computer for The Sims 4. Open Documents, in Search box type The Sims 4. When search finds all it's stuff, right click the folder The Sims 4 and choose Open File Location. Then copy/paste the contents of the location.
Scholar
#14 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 1:51 AM
I'm not calling them a liar either. I was merely trying to find an answer for the OP as to why he didn't have a mods folder or an actual Sims 4 folder somewhere within the My Documents folder.
But it appears that the issue the OP is having is directly related to cracked and pirated versions of this game..... Just saying

Mr Google or Mr Youtube can help them now....