Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 5:15 AM Last edited by jjack112 : 24th Oct 2014 at 5:17 AM. Reason: clarification
im having the same problem with my script mods they wont show up. ive enabled script mods, & troubleshooted every way I can think of. they don't show. everything else is there tho.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 6:06 AM
ok I lied. all the package files work. the files that don't work are:
7z rar PY & PYO

if anyone can tell me what I did wrong or how to fix it id be grateful
Scholar
#3 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 7:24 AM Last edited by mummy_001 : 25th Oct 2014 at 10:41 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by jjack112
ok I lied. all the package files work. the files that don't work are:
7z rar PY & PYO

if anyone can tell me what I did wrong or how to fix it id be grateful

Are you unzipping these files or are you putting them in the mods folder Zipped?

They are meant to go into your mods folder in the zipped file (no unzipping). They have to be directly in the mods folder so do not place them in subfolders.
I have posted a picture of what my mods folder looks like, take note of the zipped files still in their zipped format.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 10:57 AM
Anything 7z or .rar needs to be unzipped. If it's something that is meant to be zipped, like most script mods, select all the files from each and right click. Choose "send to" > "compressed file" rename the file to whatever you want when finished so you know what it is.

For the py and pyo... those should be in a .zip
Scholar
#5 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 12:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jwilli
Anything 7z or .rar needs to be unzipped. If it's something that is meant to be zipped, like most script mods, select all the files from each and right click. Choose "send to" > "compressed file" rename the file to whatever you want when finished so you know what it is.

For the py and pyo... those should be in a .zip

.package files need to be unzipped the .py and the .pyo need to stay zipped.
7Z and .rar are a programs that are used to compress the files (zip them) so again not all files are to be unzipped.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 24th Oct 2014 at 12:51 PM
But do 7z and .rar work as intended in the mods folder? I've never tried; I unzip those and place the individual items in the folder. If they need to be zipped, I re-compress as a .zip.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 12:31 AM
so these files have to stay compressed to work?
and I can re-zip them myself & avoid having to download them all over again?
Instructor
#8 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mummy_001
Are you unzipping these files or are you putting them in the mods folder Zipped?

They are meant to go into your mods folder in the zipped file (no unzipping). The have to be directly in the mods folder so do not place them in subfolders.
I have posted a picture of what my mods folder looks like, take note of the zipped files still in their zipped format.

Wait. They can't be in a sub-folder? I have mine in a sub-folder and they seem to work.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 1:53 AM
Script mods need to be in a .zip. Package files can be in sub-folders and uncompressed.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#10 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 2:00 PM