Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#2176 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 11:19 PM
My bathrooms, except for the parent/toddler one: toilet, sink, mirror, generic door. Single-Sim. Just remember to lock the door once you get in there, Simmies!

And may I suggest if we lot-expand that we all follow the same amount of tiles on either or both sides. I would like to include a small garden, if possible, but can leave it out.

Would the Free-time table count as a toy for the little tykes? Probably not. (Frowns and tries to figure out where I'm going to stick the toy. I think I have one postage-sized space!)

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2177 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 11:27 PM
You mean the activity table? Sure it's a toy.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#2178 Old 12th Jun 2017 at 11:45 PM
I have had so many ideas.... I'm still thinking. XD
I actually don't want to expand the lot but go with what's given. So far it's really challenging me so that's great. Not that I've gotten anywhere.

I am thinking of multi-theme lot.
Top Secret Researcher
#2179 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 12:37 AM
My parenting room now has a dunny . I must remember to add lights! And I'm still having the problem of doors and windows not matching, dammit. Might have to go on a hunt for CC doors and windows. I've procrastinated enough. Now to do what I actually should be doing.
Mad Poster
#2180 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 1:00 AM Last edited by gazania : 13th Jun 2017 at 2:49 AM.
The door is driving me crazy as well. No Maxis door seems right. I need a few of the same type, actually. (Double, single, entrance ... Gotta be white glass and tall doors, with a matching solid door.) They're out there. I know they are! I haven't looked in all the usual spots yet, though. Not a time for WCIF yet.

Have we decided on how exactly we are to expand the lot? (5 each side, 10 on one side ...)

My lot is dedicated to one theme. It's all I can do to stick everything in there. Alas, My basic CC list is longer than I'd like already. Sigh.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2181 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 1:28 AM
You do it 10 left, 10 right. The front and back can be done 10 back or 5 and 5.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#2182 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 2:04 AM
Jo, that would make it a 5x4 lot. I think you mean 5 left, 5 right?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Space Pony
#2183 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 3:08 AM
I am perfectly happy with the 3x3 And I am afraid that my entry will be the most lame of all as I do not try to be fabulous, it is a communitylot what suits great at the not so rich part of the city, and everyone can visit, no matter how much money they have

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2184 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 3:12 AM
I was going by what Karen said and she said 10. *now is very confused.* 5 left and right is what I first thought.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#2185 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 3:39 AM
I guess after I find the doors I'm looking for, I can take a 3x3 lot later, do it both ways, put it next to a blank 4x4 lot and see what comes out. But first this door set ... arrgh!

I might have to go ... there. The land of TSR. The Lumina doors MAY work for the entrance and single glass doors if there is white glass, but I'd still need a solid door that matches. Another possibility is to skip all that and find a certain other door set that of course, I can't find now.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2186 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 3:43 AM
Okay after some more confirmation, it is 5 left, 5 right and 10 back. This way nobody has to deal with the road.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#2187 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 4:50 AM
It’s great we can expand the lot I quickly did that with the LotAdjuster now, but I’m not sure if I’d manage to get something done before at least the 20th of June, more likely the 22nd. I might get some time this weekend (depends on my level of knowledge about things needed for Monday exams [yes two on a single day, one right after the other, normal thing at my uni; it has happened I had 3 on a single day]), but definitely not enough to finish it.

@simsfreq I have visited the UK (and I’ll visit it again this summer) and I like it, but it’s extremely annoying that some places have two separate taps, one with cold water, and one with warm. When I want to wash my hands I need to deal with either freezing or completely hot water And sometimes the shower head is trapped – it has some kind of hook preventing it to reach the floor for some reason, but I need it to reach the floor! I have quite long hair and it’d be annoying to wash it in the shower, so I always do it while standing in front of the shower in a bend position and using the shower head with my hand. But when it’s trapped with that stupid hook, I can’t manipulate the shower head freely (or sometimes even reach my hair properly), which makes washing my hair really inconvenient (e.g. I need to tiptoe to actually have the shower head reach my hair). Who would think such a hook is a good idea? But those things are minor and I’m not obliged to have them in my future house

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Top Secret Researcher
#2188 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 5:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
I guess after I find the doors I'm looking for, I can take a 3x3 lot later, do it both ways, put it next to a blank 4x4 lot and see what comes out. But first this door set ... arrgh!

I might have to go ... there. The land of TSR. The Lumina doors MAY work for the entrance and single glass doors if there is white glass, but I'd still need a solid door that matches. Another possibility is to skip all that and find a certain other door set that of course, I can't find now.

I had to go there to find what I wanted. Usually it's the place of last resort.
Mad Poster
#2189 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 5:41 AM
Yeah, that one tile foundation is a problem. It forces me to put the nursery house (which I want to be on ground level so the toddlers can play outside when the weather's fine) in an awkward location, and the arrangement I currently have is simply not going to work. I could give the nursery house an upper floor that could handle the functions I currently have in the one-tile-wide foundation structure, but then what to do with that foundation? Make it into a historical monument? Is there a way to integrate it with the athletic facilities and get my basketball hoop back? I kind of like the "historical monument" idea...I'll just have to sleep on it.

Alas, I don't think there would be room for the central pond with herons and egrets in it that was in the lot in my dream last night even if I expanded the lot to 4x4. There's simply not enough in the middle of those foundations, if the foundations are to support anything usable and reasonable.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2190 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 7:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Voeille
simsfreq I have visited the UK (and I’ll visit it again this summer) and I like it, but it’s extremely annoying that some places have two separate taps, one with cold water, and one with warm. When I want to wash my hands I need to deal with either freezing or completely hot water And sometimes the shower head is trapped – it has some kind of hook preventing it to reach the floor for some reason, but I need it to reach the floor! I have quite long hair and it’d be annoying to wash it in the shower, so I always do it while standing in front of the shower in a bend position and using the shower head with my hand. But when it’s trapped with that stupid hook, I can’t manipulate the shower head freely (or sometimes even reach my hair properly), which makes washing my hair really inconvenient (e.g. I need to tiptoe to actually have the shower head reach my hair). Who would think such a hook is a good idea? But those things are minor and I’m not obliged to have them in my future house

I don't think you would like here than either. We have two taps in the shower, one hot and one cold and I'm not sure what you mean by the shower head, they are either fixed on an arm that moves somewhat or are hooked up and you can remove that type since they have a type of metal hose.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#2191 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 7:23 AM
Thank you, Jo, for the 4X4 lot option size. Not sure if I will use it, but it may come in handy if I run out of space (if I do, like @Sweet Mystre I have mostly been staring at the lot too RL is a bit hectic, but will hopefully get back to normal fairly soon.
Scholar
#2192 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 7:26 AM
Taps in the shower? I thought shower just has the shower head and no taps at all (unless it’s a shower tub, because you’d need the taps to fill the tub). By two taps I mean this, not two separate knobs but one tap, like this (which is completely fine, slightly less convenient than a lever but not bad). And by shower hook I mean this thing that holds the shower pipe/wire at the bottom (no idea word the word for it, but I mean that thing the water goes through to the shower head). Without it the shower is much more convenient to use even if it’s not for washing my hair, because I always take the shower head off the holder to rinse myself properly. It’s also useful to rinse the tub in a shower tub (I hated when my flatmates in the previous flat didn’t rinse the tub and I always had to wash it before taking a bath ).

Simblr
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2193 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 8:04 AM
By two taps I also mean that first picture lol. We have two lower bath taps and two higher shower taps, except instead of water coming out of a tap/faucet it comes out of the shower head. That's the old way of mixing hot and cold water! You young'ins. Yes that's a shower hook, a new one, ours is not nearly that fancy..

~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#2194 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 8:25 AM
And by shower hook I mean this thing that holds the shower pipe/wire at the bottom (no idea word the word for it, but I mean that thing the water goes through to the shower head).

The shower-head (usually) screws onto that flexible pipe (and/or the flexible pipe screws onto the wall attachment/outlet). Simply unscrew the flexible-pipe, remove the flexible pipe from the "hook", reattach the pipe, no more problems. (For example)

Just call me William, definitely not Who-Ward
Scholar
#2195 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 8:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by whoward69
The shower-head (usually) screws onto that flexible pipe (and/or the flexible pipe screws onto the wall attachment/outlet). Simply unscrew the flexible-pipe, remove the flexible pipe from the "hook", reattach the pipe, no more problems. (For example)

I realised that at some point (it was too late to use it though, because I wasn’t in that place with that shower hook any more ), and I’m definitely going to use it in summer when I’m in that place again I still don’t get the purpose of that hook though, it’s just an annoyance.

Simblr
Mad Poster
#2197 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 10:35 AM
I have visited the UK (and I’ll visit it again this summer) and I like it, but it’s extremely annoying that some places have two separate taps, one with cold water, and one with warm. When I want to wash my hands I need to deal with either freezing or completely hot water And sometimes the shower head is trapped – it has some kind of hook preventing it to reach the floor for some reason, but I need it to reach the floor! I have quite long hair and it’d be annoying to wash it in the shower, so I always do it while standing in front of the shower in a bend position and using the shower head with my hand. But when it’s trapped with that stupid hook, I can’t manipulate the shower head freely (or sometimes even reach my hair properly), which makes washing my hair really inconvenient (e.g. I need to tiptoe to actually have the shower head reach my hair). Who would think such a hook is a good idea? But those things are minor and I’m not obliged to have them in my future house

Aha! Well I haven't seen the shower hook thing you mentioned, they are normally held at the top, but that's all, and it's easy to unhook the shower head from there (Just push up). But as someone else said, if there is a lower hook, simply unscrew the shower head and then reattach outside of there. However be aware that many showers are electric showers meaning that the hose (that's the word for the flexible water pipe) is attached to the control unit itself which might prevent you from bringing it very far down.

The two tap thing is because some older houses had open tanks in the attic to store water which would be heated and used for hot water. This means that the tanks could potentially get dead birds, rodents etc in them which would make the water unsafe to drink (honestly, I'm not really sure that I like the thought of washing in decomposing pigeon soup, either!) which means that the water supply for drinking water needed to be kept totally separate. These days this is a very archaic system and you're unlikely to find it, but many people retain the knowledge that drinking from the hot tap is dangerous, without exactly knowing where this comes from, and hence are suspicious of mixer taps in the bathroom. I have heard that it could be that lead in older pipes dissolves easier in warm water, but I don't know if that's true, or just a myth based on "don't drink warm water".

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2198 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 10:57 AM
Two taps is pretty normal over here. Yes some upscale places have a different set up, but two taps here is far more recent than back in the days of some kind of tank in the roof. Most of us have a hot water tank in a cupboard or outside. These are total sealed things. They are electric and heat the water for the house. This is just my country that I am talking about. I have heard of electric shower controllers, never seen one though. My guess those could be found in mansions or extreamly posh 5 star hotels.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#2199 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 11:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Two taps is pretty normal over here. Yes some upscale places have a different set up, but two taps here is far more recent than back in the days of some kind of tank in the roof. Most of us have a hot water tank in a cupboard or outside. These are total sealed things. They are electric and heat the water for the house. This is just my country that I am talking about. I have heard of electric shower controllers, never seen one though. My guess those could be found in mansions or extreamly posh 5 star hotels.

It's the same in NZ. Most places I've lived have had two taps for the shower. Only once was there something like a dial for controlling the temperature. I've never lived in a place where the shower head was detachable (but I've seen them of course). (How on earth did we get onto the subject of taps in showers?)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2200 Old 13th Jun 2017 at 11:48 AM
I have no idea.

~Call me Jo~

Page 88 of 106