Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#7001 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 2:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
I really need to go into SimPE and connect all my second-cousins as cousins before they turn teen and start kissing each other. That's still a bit close for me. I know there's a mod for it but it says it'll cause a reset and I hate resets. Ughh laziness....

@StrangeTownChick
You can use a Mod and make the change in game if you want, Sim Blender, Sim Manipulator, InSimenator use which ever one you like best. Doing it in game might make it easier than doing it with SimPE.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Advertisement
Scholar
#7002 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 4:08 PM
I'm interested in the Mod mentioned above ^^^

I'm trying out a Monday-Monday rotation so have Modded my Seasons to match by giving 7 Days in each Season. However, I had to redo my hood again (I have so many backups it's ridiculous) because I made everyone start on Monday (time of day didn't matter) on the first day of Summer (first day of Winter for Riverblossom Hills) but the Season didn't switch on the first day.. So it says "7 Days until Fall" on a Tuesday. Grrrr, so now I've put everyone on a Sunday, gave them their Aspiration Benefits etc etc and hopefully it actually works out now. :/

Anyone else restart their hoods' as often as I do? Even after a "small" mistake? LOL.
Instructor
#7003 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 4:33 PM
@Fyren5 the mod is at http://faiuwle.wikidot.com/sims2hacks

I restart them all the time. It's becoming titing to start over, but I'm too much of a perfectionist, so I do it eventually again... .
Top Secret Researcher
#7004 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
@StrangeTownChick
You can use a Mod and make the change in game if you want, Sim Blender, Sim Manipulator, InSimenator use which ever one you like best. Doing it in game might make it easier than doing it with SimPE.

True, but I've still got to do every single connection to every other sim. I've got nineteen in this generation and at least two more coming.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Scholar
#7005 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 7:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TychoH
@Fyren5 the mod is at http://faiuwle.wikidot.com/sims2hacks

I restart them all the time. It's becoming titing to start over, but I'm too much of a perfectionist, so I do it eventually again... .

The download doesn't work - I tried both ways.

Clicking on the download link brings up Dropbox Error 404 and the "Save Link as" option says "failed - no file"

Edit: Completely missed the Important Announcement - oops!
Instructor
#7006 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 7:52 PM
Kestrellyn has a family entended mod, http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=610804, I'm not sure if it works like the other mod, but it better than manually changing the relationships.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Mad Poster
#7007 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 8:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyren5
The download doesn't work - I tried both ways.

Clicking on the download link brings up Dropbox Error 404 and the "Save Link as" option says "failed - no file"

Edit: Completely missed the Important Announcement - oops!

For any that aren't on MTS yet, there's a link in my signature.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Inventor
#7008 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 9:48 PM
Finally started using the Lot Compressor, I'm cleaning out all of the Sim Data before I add these lots to my neighborhood. So far so good, though I wish I could clean all of the lots in my lot bin at the same time instead of one at a time

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Mad Poster
#7009 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 10:14 PM
@Primavera - Might as well also merge + compressorize your CC while you're at it!

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Inventor
#7010 Old 2nd Nov 2018 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
@Primavera - Might as well also merge + compressorize your CC while you're at it!

Trust me, I merge and compress my CC every time I download some. Only thing I gave up merging was my Buy_Build folder, just seeing the acronym MMAT makes me ill (and yes I have tried bundling most of the stuff in there, but some things still got overwritten) . I do bundle my walls and floors though , but my Hood Deco stays separate

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Instructor
#7011 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 3:59 PM
Watching people on YouTube trying to play TS2 can be rage-inducing at times.

Yes, but videos like this (below), gives you a warm heart for bad Sims 2 players

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Mad Poster
#7012 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 10:06 PM
It bugs me that whenever I'm doing a lot that includes more than one "address" it always winds up being an apartment... The street-level entrances usually open on to businesses, but everything above the first or second floor makes more sense as residential space... so the whole lot becomes an apartment. I feel like there's not a good middle ground there...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Inventor
#7013 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 10:42 PM
For the first time ever my game started to hang when I tried to put a lot I renovated in the lot bin- not once, but twice. Had to shut my computer down two times because I couldn't get out of the game, words can't describe my rage right now

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Field Researcher
#7014 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 10:49 PM

This is from how Sims 4 developers celebrated Halloween. It seems to me, but on this photo a dinosaur ate Sims 2.

https://twitter.com/SimGuruMorgan/s...4181299200?s=09
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#7015 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 12:31 AM
The look on that dinosaur's face is how I feel when I try to search for TS2 information on google and get all the other games instead.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7016 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 1:23 PM
It looks like the dinosaur is farting Sims 4 bubbles.
Theorist
#7017 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 3:09 PM Last edited by PenelopeT : 4th Nov 2018 at 11:38 PM.
The look on that dinosaur's face is how I feel when I try to search for TS2 information on google and get all the other games instead.

Pinterest has made TS2 Google searches a 1,000 times worse, as that is all Google appears capable of suggesting anymore.

Cannot tell you how many times I've searched for something, only to come up with various Pinterest boards as an option, and then when I click on the boards tagged as having TS2 content only...it's mostly TS4.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Theorist
#7018 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 7:39 PM
@PenelopeT
Someone said here that putting -pinterest at the end of your search gets rid off the Pinterest links.
I tried this tip and it works.

Random thoughts:
I kinda of want to try a medieval challenge without going to the hassle of downloading stuff.
I'd like to play my hood but I have to set some things up first.
Inventor
#7019 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 6:18 AM Last edited by Sketching : 5th Nov 2018 at 7:40 AM. Reason: spelling
Quote: Originally posted by Essa
Random thoughts: I kinda of want to try a medieval challenge without going to the hassle of downloading stuff. I'd like to play my hood but I have to set some things up first.

I hear you - it took me forever to start a fantasy-medieval hood because of the CC involved; the outfits were the most difficult part, probably because I'm picky about them. As interesting as the selection at Parsimonious is, sometimes I wish clothes and objects with the same mesh or style were at least grouped together (or maybe I missed a certain filter option?). I like setting hoods up and it's worth it for the immersion (YMMV on how much you actually need though), but yeah, CC-hunting can be tiring especially with our wonderfully crappy ISP.

My own random thoughts - dear self, please, please remember, that if you can't find something, it's most likely in the Deco - Miscellaneous section. Yes, even the anytime candles, super sucker vent, aquarium, and medicine cabinet. Don't ask why EAxis placed them there or didn't move them as the game went on - it's not good for your sanity. Maybe I should recategorize them soon... or maybe I'm just being picky about the medicine cabinet being under mirrors?
Mad Poster
#7020 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 7:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
It looks like the dinosaur is farting Sims 4 bubbles.

So Sims 4 really is crap.
Mad Poster
#7021 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 7:51 AM
Hey, some of those bubbles say 'Sims 3' and even 'Sims 2' on them.
Inventor
#7022 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 8:46 AM Last edited by Sketching : 5th Nov 2018 at 9:12 AM.
Everyone keeps seeing the bubbles, but the first thing I thought was that the dinosaur was angry pooping and the "tail" was actually the result...

It's TS4's fault, I tell you! Their toilet "humor" is creeping on to the populace!

...I'll see myself out now.
Theorist
#7023 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 10:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
I hear you - it took me forever to start a fantasy-medieval hood because of the CC involved; the outfits were the most difficult part, probably because I'm picky about them. As interesting as the selection at Parsimonious is, sometimes I wish clothes and objects with the same mesh or style were at least grouped together (or maybe I missed a certain filter option?). I like setting hoods up and it's worth it for the immersion (YMMV on how much you actually need though), but yeah, CC-hunting can be tiring especially with our wonderfully crappy ISP.

Well I'm more a "start an integrated hood from scratch and see how things evolves thanks to taxes" kind of simmer and I like to stick to one hood.
I may sounds like a broken record but I often feel overwhelmed by the number of CC available out there.
One must have willpower to resist the urge to download everything. Good thing I'm not a hoarder!

Downloading had never been an issue though and I now have fibre optic internet.
Field Researcher
#7024 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
Everyone keeps seeing the bubbles, but the first thing I thought was that the dinosaur was angry pooping and the "tail" was actually the result...

It's TS4's fault, I tell you! Their toilet "humor" is creeping on to the populace!

...I'll see myself out now.

So this dinosaur eat TS1, TS2 and the output he gets TS4 . Funny, but little sad.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7025 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Hey, some of those bubbles say 'Sims 3' and even 'Sims 2' on them.

Nah, he's definitely shouting for MOAR sims 1, 2 and 3 and farting Sims 4.
Screenshots
Page 281 of 514