Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 4:17 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Late Night, Pets, Island Paradise
Default Patch cannot be downloaded through Launcher
First of all, sorry for my possibly bad English, I stayed up long because of this...

Since the Black Friday sale on Origin I've purchased two expansions - Paradise Island and Roaring Heights, which I have not yet installed. In order to get those two in my game I started with installing TS3 and everything went well, even if it took some time.
The problem I have is with patching the game. Since I just installed the Base Game I have a lot of patching up to do but for some reason when I go to Launcher ---> Game Updates and I get the Patch download "pop up", it immediately says "paused" next the download address of the patch, right as it starts when I have yet to touch the pop up?

It just literally will not download the patch, not when I click on the little arrow nor when I click the two "pillars". I've been trying to do this for near 7 hours now with no success, I've shut the Launcher, re-opened it, restarted computer but nothing seems to work because the highest kt/s I've gotten to was 1,6 kt out of 1,6 Gt so I'm getting kind of desperate.

Does anyone know what I should do in this situation?

E// Just to be clear, I do not have any expansions installed at the moment, only the un-patched Base Game.
Advertisement
Pretty Space Pony
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 6:39 AM
You ccould try downloading the patch from this page: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...lp:TS3_Patching, which has the added benefit of choosing which version you want to patch up to
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 7:20 AM
Thank you so much for taking your time to reply, I appreciate it

Unfortunately I got another pop-up after downloading the first patch under Region 2 - Worldwide (1.66):

It's pretty hard to translate because I have no clue what some of those terms even mean but it's something like "Settings concerning the game zone of the update file are incorrect. Installing the update requires a different game zone setting" ??
Should I try starting with older patches and then move on to newer patches? I'm sorry, I really don't know much about patching :/
Pretty Space Pony
retired moderator
#4 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 7:26 AM
No worries Use the link that is listed under Superpatcher, this can be used for any region ('game zone') and from any patch level. The other patches are specific to a particular region in the world and the patch level you are coming from.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 7:27 AM
I found that I had to manually patch using the patch downloader: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=409829 because I could never get the launcher to patch. Try to use the patch downloader to get the patches you need.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 7:44 AM Last edited by littlejestersims : 2nd Dec 2014 at 9:01 AM.
Thank you again for your replies

It seems that the Superpatcher has an outdated link or something, I only get a "403 Forbidden" -titled blank space when I click the link :/ Also, more bad news.

I followed all the instructions, made a folder in Documents for the patches to go to, clicked "Download All (Sequential)", the Status briefly shows the text "Download Queued" and almost instantly goes to "Download Error". I'm not sure if I'm messing it up myself or if there is a bigger problem here :/
Alchemist
#7 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 2:19 PM
I found a working patch link for worldwide patch. Hopefully it a genuine patch and might help: http://www.gamepressure.com/download.asp?ID=48581

Also, if you have opened the base game after installing it and you have a Sims 3 folder in place (documents path), find file called "Versiontag". Removing that often helps when the launcher refuses to update the game.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 5:38 PM
Thank you for the link, I appreciate it! Unfortunately the patch still doesn't load, I get the same exact error message as I did with the earlier patch.

(the translation for this is a few posts above)

I really don't know what to do about this, seems like nothing is working. I tried installing the patches through Launcher again but they still won't load past 1 %.
Alchemist
#9 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 8:37 PM Last edited by varpunen : 2nd Dec 2014 at 9:23 PM.
No need for translation for me since we're both Finnish. Anyway, too bad the patch didn't work. You said you did a fresh installation of the base game. Did you add any old content back by any chance, espacially custom music files? Those will cause patching failure every single time.

Edit: I just now noticed that you made a new folder for the PatchDownloader updates. I've always let the program save the patches to the location it chooses itself. Maybe that could be the cause for the PatchDownloader error. Also, you didn't say if the base game is a disk version or an Origin version. If it's from Origin, then EA has one solution concerning it: http://help.ea.com/ca/article/probl...ing-the-sims-3/
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 10:06 PM Last edited by littlejestersims : 3rd Dec 2014 at 12:08 PM.
I haven't done anything with TS3 except removing the file "Versiontag." as you recommended This is also the first time it's installed on the computer it's in at the moment so there shouldn't be any complications from old lingering files.
Also, I downloaded TS3 Base Game from Origin.

Thanks very much for your reply, I'll try both of these two in the morning and will report back when I know more

E// Okay.. I tried using Patch Downloader again, didn't fiddle with the location it chose (which was Desktop) but I still got the same error - first it says "Download Queued" and almost immediately changes to "Download Error". I also tried the SuperPatcher found here but it says "403 Forbidden" (which is weird since when I opened the link on another computer that can't handle TS3 it started downloading it instantly) so I probably can't do much about it.

I can try re-installing Origin but the Programs and Functions panel (where you uninstall things, I'm not sure what is the correct translation) warns me that some of my Origin games may not work properly if I uninstall... Is this a legit option, for some of the games to stop working?

Also, I've tried without Firewall, I've tried with different browsers (Chrome & Mozilla) but nope, still "403 Forbidden". Not to be a pain but I'm getting kind of desperate
Field Researcher
#11 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 12:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by littlejestersims
I haven't done anything with TS3 except removing the file "Versiontag." as you recommended This is also the first time it's installed on the computer it's in at the moment so there shouldn't be any complications from old lingering files.
Also, I downloaded TS3 Base Game from Origin.

Thanks very much for your reply, I'll try both of these two in the morning and will report back when I know more

E// Okay.. I tried using Patch Downloader again, didn't fiddle with the location it chose (which was Desktop) but I still got the same error - first it says "Download Queued" and almost immediately changes to "Download Error". I also tried the SuperPatcher found here but it says "403 Forbidden" (which is weird since when I opened the link on another computer that can't handle TS3 it started downloading it instantly) so I probably can't do much about it.

I can try re-installing Origin but the Programs and Functions panel (where you uninstall things, I'm not sure what is the correct translation) warns me that some of my Origin games may not work properly if I uninstall... Is this a legit option, for some of the games to stop working?

Also, I've tried without Firewall, I've tried with different browsers (Chrome & Mozilla) but nope, still "403 Forbidden". Not to be a pain but I'm getting kind of desperate

I've tried downloading from the Game Help: TS3 Patching page, and the download started properly (i.e., no 403 Forbidden error).

Is it perhaps being blocked by your antivirus? Or maybe your ISP prevents .exe files downloads?

Edit: I need to add: you do NOT NEED to use "The Sims 3 Patch Downloader" if you're using the SuperPatcher. Go to the "TS3 Patching" page I linked above, find the link "SuperPatcher, for any region, from any version", download the 1.62 GB file, and just run it after finish downloading.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 14th Dec 2014 at 10:17 AM Last edited by littlejestersims : 16th Dec 2014 at 6:58 AM.
Thank you very much for your reply, I'll try that & report back

E// It still only says "403 Forbidden" when I try to access the "SuperPatcher, for any region, from any version [@1.62 GB]" -link and the page is completely blank. I tried with Chrome, Firefox & Explorer but none of them works.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 6:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by littlejestersims
Thank you very much for your reply, I'll try that & report back

E// It still only says "403 Forbidden" when I try to access the "SuperPatcher, for any region, from any version [@1.62 GB]" -link and the page is completely blank. I tried with Chrome, Firefox & Explorer but none of them works.

I'm suspicious that someone, or something, is intercepting your Internet and block all downloads of .exe files.

Tomorrow, I'll upload a zipped file of the SuperPatcher for you.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 10:13 PM
It worked, I was able to download the SuperPatcher and the game is completely up to date! I thought I had every single security thingy down but turns out one was only partially down or something but lucky for me I have a mom who's good with computer stuff so she went to Incognito mode, used the link and there was a warning about the site being possibly dangerous but she ignored those and the patcher loaded, it took a good 5+ hours to do it but the game was patched within minutes and now I can finally play TS3 tomorrow, yay!

I should've asked her to check the security stuff earlier but well, what's done is done. At least in the future I'll know to be really careful with checking those things out.

I want to thank all of you so very much for helping me, offering me ideas and advice, I still find it hard to believe that almost 400 people have read this thread. I mean, that is really unselfish, taking your personal time to help some stranger kid on the Internet who sucks at handling computers. So thank you so much, I really appreciate everything you've done
Field Researcher
#15 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 2:41 PM
Glad to hear that @littlejestersims! We were once like you, believe us ... and MTS is not wanting of kind people willing to help fellow simmers.

It's only fittting that we "pay it forward" by giving assistance.

Happy simming!