Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Sep 2017 at 2:35 PM
Default Sims won't sit in bar stools.
In the last couple months I've noticed that sims are extremely reluctant to sit in bar stools while eating. They completely refuse to do so autonomously unless another sim is already sitting and eating there, and will prefer to stand and eat in front of the fridge. Even if I tell them to do so they still stand around for like 30 sim minutes before actually moving, preventing any other sim from using the fridge in the meantime. The problem is, not all of my sims' smaller houses have room for a dining room with a table and chairs. And some pre-made houses only come with island counters and bar stools. So what is going on? They'll all sit down at a table just fine, but they really hate sitting at the counter.

Has anyone else experienced this and is there a way around it?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2017 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
In the last couple months I've noticed that sims are extremely reluctant to sit in bar stools while eating. They completely refuse to do so autonomously unless another sim is already sitting and eating there, and will prefer to stand and eat in front of the fridge. Even if I tell them to do so they still stand around for like 30 sim minutes before actually moving, preventing any other sim from using the fridge in the meantime. The problem is, not all of my sims' smaller houses have room for a dining room with a table and chairs. And some pre-made houses only come with island counters and bar stools. So what is going on? They'll all sit down at a table just fine, but they really hate sitting at the counter.

Has anyone else experienced this and is there a way around it?

My sims will never sit at the counter unless I tell them to, I have not found a workaround, I tried it with no mods and it did the same thing, must be a bug.
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bur1440
My sims will never sit at the counter unless I tell them to, I have not found a workaround, I tried it with no mods and it did the same thing, must be a bug.

Disappointing but helpful response, thank you :\