Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 2:24 AM
Default Roommates and Houses being Treated as Rentals Problems And...
I am working on a world and having some issues. I did not play 3 for a year or so and have been back for about a year. Now the game is adding roommates to households on its own and it is driving me nuts. The sim I have played since playing again had roommates dropped in one time. In testing with another family 5 roommates were dropped in the first day there. The sim dismissed all, and then day 2 3 more were there.
Are you all having this?

Also, in testing this world now the playable family has chosen a house as furnished and when moved in all except bathroom and kitchen items were gone. The house looked like an unfurnished rental and it is not a rental. Have had this happen now on 2 different lots.

And ideas about that also?

Am not having fun at the moment. Another issue, a house and lot with negative values or totally messed up such as 23 grand unfurnished and 17 furnished. Sigh.
Advertisement
Scholar
#3 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 5:06 AM
I remember reading that residential lots would somehow sometimes change into apartment lots themselves. To fix it, follow nitromon's suggestion. There's more about the University roommate system here: https://simsvip.com/sims-3-university-life-guide/. Note that these are different from the Late Night style apartments made with room markers.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Sep 2017 at 10:07 AM Last edited by daisylee : 2nd Sep 2017 at 1:00 PM.
I will read that. Thanks! It has now happened again for the third time on the third lot. They are all standard residences. Will check the zoning to see if they have changed on their own or not.?

edit: zoning is fine. I did some reading and others have had this problem also. I also read that there is a roommate service. So next time will see if can turn it off that way?

And doing some sims move ins, when I used the free real estate cheat houses were stripped of all furniture except the bath and kitchen items for some reason. (?) When sims moved in without it all was there. So at the moment, my game is doing that.