Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 7:27 PM Last edited by Grace1974 : 5th Nov 2014 at 3:16 PM.
Default Way to share lots designed with debug items?
Hello, I would love some advice about any way possible to package up and share lots designed with debug menu items. I am aware that the items will not transfer through the gallery*, but is there at all any way to bypass this that anyone knows, by possibly going in-game and copying the files from somewhere and packaging the lot into a .zip or .rar and sharing via a forum/link? Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give!

*edit: to include source of this info: Sims VIP build guide Buy Debug Chapter here:
http://simsvip.com/the-sims-4-building-guide/#BuyDebug
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 10:13 PM
Moving to Create > Building.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 9:47 PM
Thank you for the reply @plasticbox, but I feel incredibly thick, as I don't really understand it. I saw your amazingly wonderful downloads where you've made many debug items available in the buy menu, and saw that a lot built with those mods will seem to retain the objects for people who download them, without the mod in, and thought, maybe I should go that route for now whenever possible, you had done the flowers, plants and rocks, and I'd seen someone else had done the ponds, collectibles and hidden entrances, but there would still be quite a bit of debug menu items.
I'm sorry I'm too thick to understand your reply 😞
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 9:59 PM
I didn't reply to your post, just said that I moved it (so you don't wonder where it has gone).

Afraid I don't understand the problem you're having. Debug objects don't show for lot downloaders? I wonder how that would be possible .. do you know this or have you just read it somewhere?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 5:25 AM
Wow, I'm so out of practice with forums, it's not funny. Please bear with me as I look like a total idiot.
Haha, read it, that lots you have designed with items by simply unlocking the buydebug menu and gaining access to items marked as 'debug' will not transfer to someone who downloads the lot if you upload to gallery. Would be nice if that is in fact, wrong.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 7:36 AM
I've downloaded lots before with ponds and stuff in them, and they're debug items.. So I don't really understand what you're saying. Have you actually experienced this, or are you just interpreting stuff that you've read on forums?

I didn't see you there. Hello. *runs* | Visit my CFF World thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 11:41 AM
I don't know if it's the ponds. As I said before, yes, I read it.
As I understand it, there are certain items in the menu labelled ''debug''. They won't transfer, or so I read.
A little frustrated, now. I have a particular lot design in mind, and I just wanted to avoid a big headache if I put the time in to design, and wanted to share it. I can see, that is probably not going to happen, and I'm going to have to design it, and see if items disappear for people who download it.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#8 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 2:46 PM
You could also simply test it for yourself .. build something, upload, download it again?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 3:03 PM
I'm thinking that's what I'm going to have to do, it's just that it'll be a shame if they don't transfer, I think. Hopefully they will, and there won't be a problem, but it is discouraging to think of the work that'll go into it, if it can't be shared, I was just hoping in the wider community someone might know already, if they had designed a lot with debug items and shared it, or found a way to.

Well, I suppose we'll know soon, as I'll be designing my next lot with some of those items, to be on the safer side, I was thinking about using some of the items you had moved to buy mode, plasticbox, like the flowers, rocks, etc, (and the buy mode ponds and hidden entrances available), since those had notes on them about seeming to transfer even for people without the mod, but I am interested in trying to make a ''no cc'' lot, since this seems to be needing a test, maybe I'll try it from just debug menu.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 1:18 AM
Also, I do know where I read that debug items do not transfer, it was in the Sims VIP Building Guide under the Buy Debug Chapter. I am unsure if it is permissible to post a link, so won't do that, but it is pretty easy to look up, for anyone who might wish to.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#11 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 2:35 AM
You can post links here all you want, provided they're OK to see for 13-year-olds =). (Which I'm sure SimsVIP is)

Field Researcher
#12 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 5:54 PM
I did just think of a possibility. It might be that because the way we upload lots is different to the gallery, (the gallery might not use all the files we do, or transfer them, or whatever..), debug items might not export with their lots. Or it could be both ways.. all I know is that ponds aren't placeable without the debug cheat in the game, and you can export and share lots with those...

I didn't see you there. Hello. *runs* | Visit my CFF World thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 3:02 PM
Thanks TVRdesigns, that's what I was wondering, (and hoping) actually, that it might be an issue specific to sharing via gallery, that wouldn't be a problem if we shared the lot via other ways, by getting the files for packaging to a forum, for ex. I'll be sure to report back as soon as I know for sure, though!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 3:09 PM
Here is the section of the Sims VIP guide in question for anyone who is curious (thanks plasticbox for info): http://simsvip.com/the-sims-4-building-guide/#BuyDebug
dodgy builder
#15 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 10:29 PM
Grace: you can just edit your posts instead of keep posting new things in new posts.

I'm building a farm with highly developed plants and I have problems making the plants transfer. I didn't use the gallery though, only the library. Once I had the sim living on another lot, but then I moved him onto the target lot and tried again. The plants doesn't transfer and the buydebug invisible lamp wasn't there either.

It may be needed to have the cheat on or something, but it's bedtime for me her now. I'll do some more research later. A bit of a bummer using so much time on a farm that doesn't transfer.