Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 6:50 AM
Default I think I've deleted something important. Please help...
Firstly, thank you so much for looking to see if you can help me at all. I downloaded some Custom Content but it wasn't showing up in-game. I followed some advice on here to take everything out from Mods folder and got carried away and deleted the Resource...file?..that I believe was already in there.
Do I need to uninstall/reinstall The Sims 4 again? Also, before I put anything in Mods folder, something popped up- I think it had the word 'script' in title? I can't remember if I agreed to it or not but I definitely chose the box that said 'Do not show again' etc.
I've owned all 4 basic Sims games + expansion packs. With Sims 2 ( and possibly Sims 3), I was downloading heaps of CC with it all showing up in-game and it really added to my experience.
I'm so sorry that I'm a headcase but your help would be very much appreciated. Many thanks xx

In memory of my sister who died suddenly on 25th April,2005. Mum and I love you, hun, and we miss you so much. xx
Advertisement
Stupid people are stupid
#2 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 7:39 AM
I'm thinking you've deleted the resource.cfg file? Yes, that is kind of important. Go here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=531644 In the first post is a rar file of it. Download that and place it in your mod folder.
And just to be clear. You don't have to delete anything in the future. Just drag that mod folder to your desktop to test.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 12:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AngelFrouk
I'm thinking you've deleted the resource.cfg file? Yes, that is kind of important. Go here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=531644 In the first post is a rar file of it. Download that and place it in your mod folder.
And just to be clear. You don't have to delete anything in the future. Just drag that mod folder to your desktop to test.

Oh, AngelFrouk, thankyou so very much for your help!! And thankyou for the additional coment - I'll be following your advice asap! So glad there are people that know what they're doing, unlike me, the village idiot!! Even when I posted my original distress call, it wouldn't accept it unless I chose a category. Only one available was the 'Solved and Answered' category!!
Thanx again for your kindness xx

In memory of my sister who died suddenly on 25th April,2005. Mum and I love you, hun, and we miss you so much. xx
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 1:11 AM
Can you believe it?!! Edited post because the smilie didn't show up so left a gap. Thought it would be simple enough to click edit, amend the little problem and repost, right? Uh, no. Soon as I tried to repost, I got a message to say the website had stopped working!! I think I'm cursed so I'm off to hibernate!! xx

Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#5 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 1:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by phoenix
Even when I posted my original distress call, it wouldn't accept it unless I chose a category. Only one available was the 'Solved and Answered' category!!
Thanx again for your kindness xx

Hello - that was me testing things and breaking them. After a severe telling off from Angel I have fixed it.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish