Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 6:00 PM
Default Building issues and questions.
(1) Does anyone know how to extend the foundation finish (the brick) from the deck on the left to the foundation of the stairs on the right? The stairs come with a default clapboard finish.

(2) Re the deck railing/fence and where fenceposts show up: In Sims 2, it was possible to place another fencepost midway through a length of railing by stopping-and-starting placing the railing. Every time you stopped, a fencepost showed up. Then, you could start drawing the fence again, and the fencepost from which you started would remain. Now, in S4, doing that makes the last fencepost placed disappear. Note in my pic below, there are 3 fenceposts on the stair railing. I would like to add more of those fenceposts to the deck railing to the left.

Any ideas on how to accomplish either of those things?
Screenshots

Here at MTS since 2008; avid S2 player/blogger; didn't care for S3; bought and hated SimCity 2013; am choosing to remain upbeat about Sims 4....

My Sims 4 blog: Veil's Utopia House Challenge Blog
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 6:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by veil
(1) Does anyone know how to extend the foundation finish (the brick) from the deck on the left to the foundation of the stairs on the right? The stairs come with a default clapboard finish.

(2) Re the deck railing/fence and where fenceposts show up: In Sims 2, it was possible to place another fencepost midway through a length of railing by stopping-and-starting placing the railing. Every time you stopped, a fencepost showed up. Then, you could start drawing the fence again, and the fencepost from which you started would remain. Now, in S4, doing that makes the last fencepost placed disappear. Note in my pic below, there are 3 fenceposts on the stair railing. I would like to add more of those fenceposts to the deck railing to the left.

Any ideas on how to accomplish either of those things?

Not sure how to articulate this without a pic but for (1) when you place stairs move your cursor just a bit closer to the foundation, it will allow you to achieve the desired effect (you will see that the green grid of the stairs overlaps the foundation itself). Sorry this just sounds a bit stupid, I'll put up a pic when I have access to my game.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 9:13 PM
Thanks, @glastduke2131 I tried your suggestion but couldn't do it. Am happily awaiting your pic!

Here at MTS since 2008; avid S2 player/blogger; didn't care for S3; bought and hated SimCity 2013; am choosing to remain upbeat about Sims 4....

My Sims 4 blog: Veil's Utopia House Challenge Blog
Test Subject
#4 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 10:02 PM
The clapboard under the stairs can be retextured just like a wall, it can be kind of tricky finding a wall pattern that matches the foundation, you could also remove the clapboard with the hammer tool.

No idea about fence posts, maybe if you alternate between 2 fence styles you can get something that looks decent.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#5 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 10:03 PM
Moving to Create > Building since this is all about build mode stuff.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Is Claeric
#6 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 10:17 PM
Put the stairs on the foundation instead of a tile away from the foundation....
Field Researcher
#7 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 5:20 AM
I'm not 100% sure if this is what you mean but here it it:

The result

I repainted the clapboard with the matching brick.

As for (2) I don't think we can do it in TS4 since the game automatically removes posts if the fence is of the same type and same edge.