Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Harder Celebrity Difficulty & More (Late Night)

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 4th Nov 2010 at 12:29 PM - Updated 13th Sep 2012 at 8:09 AM by HystericalParoxysm

215 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 105 Feedback Posts, 109 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 9
Test Subject
#151 Old 17th Jan 2012 at 11:04 PM
I'm working with version 1.26 right now with Pets. I downloaded the ultra difficulty file, put it in my mods folder. When I started playing, my sim became friends with one celebrity and gained a star.

Am I doing something wrong or does this mod just not work for Pets? I used this mod about a year ago and loved it. When it went out of date, I just deleated all the celebs from town which is a pain. Someone please please help!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#152 Old 30th Jan 2012 at 5:27 PM
Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be working for me any more. My simmies are becoming celebrities at the speed of light once again. I love this mod, I hope I can get it working properly again...
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#153 Old 20th Feb 2012 at 4:10 PM
Same here. We will all just have to wait patiently for an update.
Test Subject
#154 Old 23rd Feb 2012 at 9:14 AM
Hope you will update this mod for Pets soon
Lab Assistant
#155 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 4:51 AM
Hoping for an update too. Only other I found to do anything like this also have TONS of other functions which I don't want. This mod is the best solution. Please fix
Lab Assistant
#156 Old 24th Feb 2012 at 11:21 PM
Drats, I was hoping this was still functioning with latest EP. My Sim made Level 5 celebrity status in only a few hours. That makes NO sense.

I really hope this mod gets updated.

"Sometimes I feel like a door with no key, and all the answers are locked away in me." - Send Me An Angel, by Alicia Keys
Test Subject
#157 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 1:33 AM
Does this work with Showtime?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#158 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 4:42 AM
No, this does not work with Showtime. At least it didn't for me.

Thank you for making this! Hoping for an update for Showtime. It's annoying when I see a bunch of random townies have one or two celeb stars. I could understand if they were a part of the film career or new professions, but I don't think they should be celebs when they have a level 1 job at a restaurant. :P
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#159 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 11:47 PM
Please update this for showtime its a great mod and will do well with this ep.
Test Subject
#160 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 4:37 PM
I wish this worked for showtime. My sims have 3 stars now, just for KNOWING some celebrities. Sadly, this totally doesn't fit with my story. It's no biggie, but of course it would be greatly appreciated if you could update. This is a great mod, that just makes it more realistic.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#161 Old 15th Mar 2012 at 5:16 PM
I'll update when I can, but it's a LOT of shit to update and the yowling 2-month-old on my lap keeps me busy lately.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Instructor
#162 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 2:12 AM
Is there an easy way for me to add the other disgraceful acts myself? It's kind of weird for detonation and smashing to be on that list since they are both needed. The first one for the sim to have scraps and the latter for the simbot to be able to feed itself.

Quote:
See, that's why you need to be more like me. It's pretty obvious that I'm a big, terrible, mean person. If somebody says I am a terrible, mean person, I will just grin evilly....and be mean to them! It's good to be bad. *J.M. Pescado*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#163 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 2:13 PM
This mod is now fully updated and verified as working with patch level 1.33

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#164 Old 20th Mar 2012 at 7:14 PM
Thank you so much, you're THE BEST EVER!! Now I can play in peace
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#165 Old 27th Mar 2012 at 2:18 PM
Awesome update!! Thanks a lot!!
Mad Poster
#166 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 4:28 AM
Thanks!

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#167 Old 13th Apr 2012 at 1:23 AM
Omg, I'm SO happy to see this updated!!! Thank you so so so much!!
Test Subject
#168 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 9:38 PM
I have this mod but it doesn't appear to be doing its things. I have Awesome Mod & Twallans story progression, I wonder if either of those are maybe conflicting and causing it to not work. My magician is getting celebrity stars left and right.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#169 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 5:18 PM
I love you.
Lab Assistant
#170 Old 10th May 2012 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shardae8806
I have this mod but it doesn't appear to be doing its things. I have Awesome Mod & Twallans story progression, I wonder if either of those are maybe conflicting and causing it to not work. My magician is getting celebrity stars left and right.

I am certain that Awesome Mod is not the cause of your issue here, because I use both NRaas' Overwatch Mod and the Awesome Mod, and anything works perfectly with the The Harder Celebrity Difficulty mod.

I don't use the Twallans' story progression Mod though.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#171 Old 13th May 2012 at 12:25 AM
I feel dumb for even having to ask, but does anyone know if this is compatible with 1.29? Is there a way to get the older version?
Theorist
#172 Old 21st Jun 2012 at 6:00 PM
Great mod, but is there a version that completely disable the falsely accused?
Lab Assistant
#173 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 11:55 AM
Could you possibly make a version without the disabled disgraceful actions? I want it to be more difficult for my Sims to become celebrities, but I like having them be disgraced and all that - it almost never happens on my game, so I think it's a lot of fun. Thanks for the mod either way, though! :D
retired moderator
Original Poster
#174 Old 8th Jul 2012 at 11:58 AM
Sims can still be disgraced by all the other actions that I didn't disable - I only disabled the ones that, IMO, should not be disgraceful ever and I found it offensive that they were considered disgraceful to begin with. Your sims can still be disgraced for cheating, rummaging in other peoples' trash, getting demoted at work, etc.

Test Subject
#175 Old 15th Aug 2012 at 5:18 AM
Default legolasoft
Quote: Originally posted by legolasoft
Wow, thank you so much for this. I made my sims a celebrity by accident (chat with someone on computer) and i didn't want that since I want so many babies out of marriage (I have 40 so far :D) Now I can continue my count Thanks :D

I'm assuming you are doing something similar to the 100 Baby challenge, and I am too so this mod will hopefully help me out some.
Page 7 of 9