Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Nov 2016 at 2:56 AM Last edited by matthewveloza : 21st Nov 2016 at 2:57 AM. Reason: Speeling error
create the world won't open edit in the game
when I go to create the world and I want to go to edit in the game and I click the screen goes blue-green but never the game opens and origin always gets in the way! CANT SOMEONE HEEELLLLPPP ME PLEASEEEE!!! I'm wanna edit in the sims!!!

my game is : 1.69.43.024017
CAW is : 0.2.0.31
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 21st Nov 2016 at 8:32 AM
When you have calmed down you can click on the create menu at the top, under sim3 click on create-a-world. In that forum almost at the top is a group of stickies threads. You can find lots of tutorials and suggestions there.

Lots of people have troubles with eig and it isn't always so easy finding out why.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 23rd Nov 2016 at 9:34 AM
Having just wrapped up a world myself, here are some things you can try:

1. In my experience, a blue screen while playing a game is /almost/ always an outdated graphic card driver issue (ESPECIALLY if you have a nVidia). It could be symptomatic of a bigger issue, but make sure your graphics card has the most recent driver version.

2. If you have CC or mods that you are using to build your world (I did, and it has it's issues) Pull out EVERYTHING. Then try booting up in game. If the game loads you know that the EIG process is struggling with your mods/cc. What I did to get around this for awhile is I made a folder for just my build/buy mode items and pulled every other download and package file out of their respective locations. Unless a mod is directly related to what you're doing in EIG it should not be there period for the CAW process.

3. The easiest fixes I've come across for the EIG issues is one, simply shutting down your computer and booting it back up. Do a full shut down instead of a hard shut down (pushing the power button on the computer). The reason I say this is because most modern systems will try to recover a lot of data if the computer lost power and shut down in a way that was unexpected, and this seemed to not help the issue while a full shut down via windows did. You can do this along with a folder reset. To do this re-name your sims 3 folder to something like Sims 3_backup (It can be whatever you want really), Open CAW or the sims 3 launcher. Close it again. Paste in what you consider your essential files (like your library if you are using lots you made, or your build/buymode CC). And then try opening EIG again.

4. Again, if you're using mods or CC try compressing them. This actually did work for me when towards the end of my world building time I could not get EIG to work anymore.

5. If all else fails, export the unfinished world (DO NOT delete your world files after! You never know you might need them later!). Open up the game and work on the lots from there and save them to the library. Sometimes CAW was just really finicky for me, and one day it wouldn't work after anything that I did and then it just would again, so save every lot you make so the next time you're in EIG you can plop them down. If you want exact lot placement I really feel it's best to add them through CAW, since you don't need to do anything in EIG for that, and I personally found that I had a much higher chance of getting a save failed message for lots added and then built on in EIG.

On that note however, I will give you a heads up. Towards the end of my world making process, EIG would not save if I placed down more than one pre-made lot per save. So I would literally have to place a single lot, and then save, and repeat. When this happened to me I was getting an error "The Sims 3 has stopped responding." So if you hit that point, only place one lot and then save. Other people in the CAW community have had this issue too, so be prepared.

Best of luck!