Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Theme Seasons and Celebrations - posted on 1st Oct 2017 at 1:52 PM
Replies: 13 (Who?), Viewed: 330 times.
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 1:42 PM
Default What do you do with the Specter ghosts?
I typically send all of the Specter graves (along with Olive when her time comes) to Gothier Green Lawns since they are a huge nuisance to me and Ophelia has died more times than I can count due to them, so they go to the cemetery.

What do you all do? That is, if you play the premade hoods.

Oh, and I only send them off if I'm playing a config which allows such a thing since I tend to switch to a base-game only config a lot. in that case, I install the gravematters mod so I can safely delete the tombstones (it's basically nounlinkondelete for the BG).
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 2:02 PM
I have Squinge's No More Hauntings so my Sims never have to worry about ghosts. (I'd like them to forget such superstitious nonsense!) Olive may deserve to be scared out of her mind every night by her ghosts, but I'm sure poor Ophelia doesn't.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Scholar
#3 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 2:06 PM
Iíve always liked that haunted house and all the ghosts I like watching them and have Olive be scared by them (as a knowledge sim she wants it), and in my game Ophelia has knowledge as secondary aspiration so she didnít mind that either before she left to uni (I reset her age at the beginning of the game so I could play her as a teen longer). Iíve never had a sim to die because of the ghosts, I suppose it must do a motive check because my sims are most of the time in green, and all that happen was that Olive peed herself because elders have their bladder full much quicker. It was annoying when the death-by-drowning ghosts left a huge mess in the garden, but after Olive learned the spell to get rid of puddles itís alright. Earlier when I didnít know about corruption I liked messing around with those ghosts, now all I did was change clothes and make a plastic surgery for sims with broken face templates.

I also always liked the house itself, when I remade it I tried to keep the original feel, I just wanted to make it a bit better than Maxis did. Also, Olive is the provider of life potion in Strangetown, if someone wants to reset their age (thatís what the potion from CS does), they need to go to her market stand and get it (she owns a small community lot with market stands on).

ďSecret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.Ē
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Inventor
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 2:16 PM
Color me impressed, Voeille! Holy cow... I love it. That is so well made. Your interpretation of it is admirable! Back before I knew about corruption I also messed with the ghosts and resurrected them / did whatever else... I just leave them untouched now. I used to have a mod installed which disables the scaring entirely so the ghosts can roam around and they don't bother anybody, but even then they're creepy. lol...
Scholar
#5 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 2:45 PM
Thank you I always remodel Maxis houses, I just donít like their original look. Sometimes they have a potential like Oliveís house and I only need to improve it a bit, but sometimes I just delete everything and build a new house from scratch.

Simblr
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 3:17 PM
Wonderful job Voeille, that's great... I don't play with the Specter's in my megahood, and when I played Strangetown I always corrupted my game erasing the graves xD, now I learned the lesson...
Alchemist
#7 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 7:06 PM
I always use the Nightlife move grave method to move the graves to a community lot cemetery. I don't like ghosts on the same lot as living Sims because some ghosts can be a pain in the ass (Cordelia Capp was a real pain in the ass ghost. I forget now how many times she scared Consort Capp, but it may have been 4 or 5. She scared Tybalt and Hermia twice. She also broke a phone and a lamp. That was all in one night. At the time, I was fairy new to the game and didn't know that deleting urns was a Very Bad Thing and deleted her urn. She immediately disappeared from the family tree and her kid's memories so I learned the hard way not to that. Now that I know better, I just move all the Capp graves to a cemetery so she and the others don't bother the living.)
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 7:58 PM
When I was playing Strangetown last year, I built a cemetery across the street from Olive's lot to send all the Specter graves (as well as Loki who "mysteriously" died in a fire and PT9 who died of old age...but I kept Olive's own grave on her home lot). The hauntings got a bit annoying, and I didn't want a pregnant Bella (Goth) Subject to get scared to death by the many ghosts. :P
Inventor
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 10:39 PM
I usually send off the graves the moment I open the lot and I occasionally delete Olive's chair and place her grave in that spot and I leave it there.
Scholar
#10 Old 12th Oct 2017 at 11:31 PM
in a number of past times playing, I resurrected a bunch of the ghosts; with insimenator.

this time playing, I plan to resurrect all the ghosts; probably with some shipped version method.
Inventor
Original Poster
#11 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 12:35 AM
I suggest you don't do that. They're pretty messed up. You are better off creating Sims who look like the originals, and then doctor the memories / relations if you want to so Ophelia and Olive recognize them as family. Then you could just send them into the cemetery and it'll be as if the originals never died. you could go further by doing Sim Surgery on the broken originals and you could change their names in SimPE (since they won't be played again any time soon).
Scholar
#12 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 1:06 AM
@Voeille I want that! All of it!
Field Researcher
#13 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 2:50 AM
While Olive owns the house, they haunt, but after she dies either Ophelia or Nervous sends the graves to a cemetery.

Nervous kept the house pretty much as it was; Ophelia did a full renovation and turned it into a light and airy Mediterranean-style home - she didn't want any reminders of what it had been like when she was a teenager.
Scholar
#14 Old 13th Oct 2017 at 4:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezzyBoo
@Voeille I want that! All of it!

It would be a pain to share it though Not only would I need to find all CC I used there (and I used a lot), but also somehow clean that lot because itís an occupied lot with graves that comes from pre-corrupted Strangetown (I didnít use clean templates).

Simblr