Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#1626 Old 11th Dec 2017 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
Xizzle Gaming Center is a lot I downloaded. Its got a bowling alley in the basement, video games, Don't Tip The Llama game on the main floor, PC's, chess, on the main floor, and the top floor is a coffee shop/bakery/ice creamery that looks like a retro soda pop diner. I created a club called "Teen Fun" (Yeah not very original I know) which was originally started by my sim Graham. But as he aged out of the club, new teens were added and new teens became leaders. Some of the teens have dated each other and gotten married. Its just a fun way to manage the teens in my game and make friends for them.

I would definitely recommend that lot because it combines a lot of fun elements and is a great teen hangout. OH here it is: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=600808

I love her blue dress and I never have seen it in the game? Is it from a pack or cc?
Advertisement
Scholar
#1627 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 12:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alan650
I love her blue dress and I never have seen it in the game? Is it from a pack or cc?

Dress is from City Living, but it's a recolor.

Theres quite a few in the recolor. I love it too! So bright and cheery. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=599231
Mad Poster
#1628 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 9:20 PM
I may not play with my TS4 Sims for a while. I'm currently planning to buy the Add-ons like Cats and Dogs, Outdoor Retreat, the various Stuff Pack. Seriously, it's the game with the free Holiday pack, weerbesu's UI mod (currently up to date) and the custom content I found with help from forum members who knew of the Silver Moon Simblr and the fact it's located in my computer under a folder titled like "TS4 Mods".

I might buy the Parenthood pack and see which of the sextuplets have phases and what kind of phases they are. I have seen numerous pictures of those Care Bear-like costume and in all honesty, they remind me of Outdoor Retreat's Bear costume (which is available in Grizzly, Panda and Polar bear)

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Scholar
#1629 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 9:28 PM
So I convinced the Lynx household to move out, and moved the local elder vampire in. it's funny how fast you can convince people by flashing them a big shiny smile.... when you're a vampire

Anyway, I had underestimated the exact effect of the "cat hangout" lot trait. Currently I have a quintet of cats in my living room, carolling me with the song of their people, and none of them is mine. (My own two cats are out carolling the fishmongers)

A couple of them have already raided the food that the butler keeps making, and it seems like I can't lecture cats that didn't move in with me. I avoid using the word "own", because as the ancient Egyptians had already found out, cats are demigods and can't be owned by mere mortals

Not that I care about the food, since the butler doesn't actually make anything a vampire can actually eat, but some of that stuff is not good for cats. I mean, spaghetti with tomato sauce? Cat metabolism isn't tuned for carbs, and tomatoes are downright toxic to cats.

Speaking of butlers, the new butler for this family showed up in a track suit and with a Roman helmet on.You're drunk, MCC Dresser. Go to sleep
Scholar
#1630 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 9:49 PM
Kristopher went on a date with Elsa. Things really went well. First kiss, real kiss.

What else is happening is this:

I was tired of crack lines in some of the hairstyles of my sims. (White lines mostly) It occurred in some EA hairstyles and some custom content hairstyles. I have a Radeon graphics card and a six core processor, this is a gaming PC, so while most info on the web is geared to fixing rendering issues for simmers who have NVidia, I was able to find some info that helped. See, I'm not very techy about graphics and graphics cards, but what I ended up doing was turning on Anti-aliasing and some other settings and it solved the cracks in hair issue about 95%. Also I actually had to enable the graphics setting for Sims 4, don't know why it wasn't enabled. O_o

Cracks in hair would appear mostly in males hairstyles. Sometimes in seams in clothing. What would happen is, the more I zoomed away from the sim, the more cracked and terrible it would look. Apparently this can happen with NVidia too and there is an app that can correct these issues, but if you're a Radeon user you're hooped, no such app seems to exist and good luck finding anyone or a post who knows how to help you. Anyway now that I've changed the settings somewhat, there is a huge improvement in the graphics overall (and I already thought it looked good!) and game performance (frame rate) has not been compromised one bit, in fact it seems to be running better than ever.

By the way; here are the white cracks:

The white cracks would disappear zoomed in but further out they became very severe, although some hairstyles were still terrible close up.
Scholar
#1631 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 10:50 PM
This is not my cat. Well, neither is the other one.

Not sure why would a cat want to eat CHILI, but I guess if you want to melt a hole through the litter box, that's one way to do it
Screenshots
Scholar
#1632 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 5:49 AM
After reading that @Pillowkitty6 increased the length of their day (using MCCC) and it made the day more manageable, I decided to give it a try and haven't gone back. Big thanks to them!
Big developments for Kristopher. Click spoiler for pictures/story.

Scholar
#1633 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 8:19 AM
Aye, I'm on a 33% longer day myself. (Time factor increased from 25 to 33.) Otherwise I don't have the time to hug all those cats
Scholar
#1634 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 8:32 AM
Mine is 50. It is so much more relaxed. Even woohoo seems to last forever. *chuckles*
Test Subject
#1635 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 8:47 AM
Right now, my sims family is going down the line... I may have cried when my girl's dads died, but i guess that's just what happens, right? ;-;
Scholar
#1636 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 9:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by elubviq
Right now, my sims family is going down the line... I may have cried when my girl's dads died, but i guess that's just what happens, right? ;-;

Totally. I might have when Henry's dad died (Henry is my fave sim) but I was more upset for Henry than for Hugh... T^T
Scholar
#1637 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 8:35 PM Last edited by Moraelin : 14th Dec 2017 at 10:55 PM.
Quick, Robin! To the Catmobile! The commissioner has fired up the cat signal!

Edit: and yeah, the owner is in the Police career.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#1638 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 3:48 AM

What's going on here then

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Lab Assistant
#1639 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 11:09 AM
Been awhile since I last posted. Had to collect my thoughts. Decided to withdraw from Sims 4 again due to annoyance with multitasking and AI routing.

@spidergirl79 Happy setting it to 50 worked out for you! It really feels needed when you've got to wash up and care for pets on the daily.

A day in the park, music warms the heart and this my readers shall be thy final part!

Warning: 24 Images Long!!

Quote:
There are two means of refuge from the misery of life — internet and cats. 🎮 + 🐱 = 😇 Link To My Sims 3 Warrior Cat Setup
Scholar
#1640 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 12:12 AM
So my ancient vampire decided to adopt another cat. Only that plan seems to have, shall we say, gone a bit off the rails. I mean, do you even know anyone who has three cats? Yeah, it's either one or two, or it jumps directly to 7

So, yeah, now between that and half a dozen visiting strays, it's like a church choir. Made me buy an organ for the occasion

And no, I'm not doing the challenge.

Then I switched briefly to the vet, to do some restyling the clinic, and when I came back, all the cats were apparently having a bulimia party. You know, where you watch the cake jump out of the girl

Seriously, all cats were puking non-stop. Puke, make a couple of steps, puke, repeat. Whelp, the house was turning into a bit of a swimming pool. Scared the crap out of me, but after spending the night at the vet getting every cat checked and having a booster shot, it turns out there was nothing wrong with them. That or the vet might be about as sharp as a bowling ball. I think he was trying to check the cat's breath at the wrong end

In other news, the butler spent about 14 hours scrubbing herself in the bathtub. Could have been more. After 14 hours I went to a party, and I had another butler when I came back. I wonder what made her feel so unclean. Was it my "horrifying joke"?

At the party, my ancient vampire got enraged at Ti-Ning Arroyo for "alien deception." Apparently the guy may have been walking around with bright blue skin, pointy ears, and an alien space suit, but forgot to inform her personally that he's an alien. That sneaky Ti-Ning...
Mad Poster
#1641 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 10:41 AM
I finally moved Adam Savage and Jamie Hyneman into the neighborhood with the various families, including the Queen-Imaharas. My question for this would be "Will Grant hit it off with Adam and Jamie in this simulation?"

I built a small house for Adam and Jamie with blueprint mode and it was much easier to figure out where to put the doors.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Scholar
#1642 Old 16th Dec 2017 at 6:42 PM Last edited by Moraelin : 16th Dec 2017 at 7:37 PM.
The Toreador clan bought the old chapel

and after some extensive renovation and remodelling, turned it into a dance club and christened it the Metal Church.

The stairs down to the lava-styled dance floor are supposed to represent the descent into Hell, but probably only the most artsy Toreadors know that anyway. Ditto for the 6 tables, 6 large windows, and 6 lighting towers surrounding the dance floor.

The gal in the lower left corner is the vampire prince of the town, and leader of the Toreador's dance club, a position she inherited after her sire retired from official positions to take care of her cats.

Edit: in case someone wonders what's with all the redheads, quoth the Malleus Maleficarum (the witch-hunter book that started the burning age): “Those whose hair is red, of a certain peculiar shade, are unmistakably vampires.”
Screenshots
Scholar
#1643 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 12:06 AM
Kristopher and Elsa were doing well in their marriage. Kristopher's parents accepted it quite well, their only complaint "Why didn't you invite us to the wedding?" It was simply because they realised that Kristopher was truly out of their hands now. They couldn't protect him from his own mistakes, nor should they try. But would the marriage last?

In the mean time, big brother Colby is getting anxious about moving on with his girlfriend Aahana. So he took her to the rooftop restaurant in San Myshuno,

Where he proposed, and she said yes!

Her full name was "Aahana Kumar" making her South Asian. Quite a few of the lucky lady townies that have married my boys lately, were south asian.

Then Colby got a brilliant idea! It's the Romance Festival! Why don't we go there? Then, in the heat of the moment, they got married. They spent the night in Windenburg hotel.

They plan on going to a camping retreat (at a resort!) with Kristopher and Elsa. There, on Sunday, Kristopher will be celebrating his 20th birthday. Elsa will still remain a teenager for about another month... After that it might be time for some family planning. (I don't want another teen pregnancy. I did that once and thats enough, from what I understand the games limitations don't allow the children to inherit the teenagers genes, I think I lucked out because the kid looked like the dad who was a YA)
Scholar
#1644 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 12:22 PM
Well, since the last patch, things are getting... weird. First it started with my active sim being unable to change to Dark Form. I mean he or she spins in place... to the same outfit. The option to change to Dark Form or back is gone until I reset the sim.

Other vampires seem to occasionally change to some second outfit that isn't either dark form, nor dunno, festival t-shirt or such, but just something randomly put together. For example, the guy my current sim was flirting with, showed up in some kind of... pimp outfit, and with earrings. (Gods dammit Dresser... drunk again?)

Now my current sim seems to think half her club mates are aliens. Thing is, though, they're definitely still vampires, or they wouldn't qualify for the club, and I've never seen them in alien form.

I'm starting to wonder if my current game is hosed, or I'm just seeing my sim's slow descent into madness. You know, really putting the "crazy" into "crazy cat lady"
Scholar
#1645 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 5:17 PM
Kristopher aged up! I remember months ago I said he was a goofy looking kid (teen). I don't think that now....remember we (us forum members) were discussing whether or not we should change our sim kids features if they grow up goofy looking. I said I only changed the jaw line if it was too big or too small, generally nothing else. (I never changed anything on Kris) (This post: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...390#post5264390)

Colby and Aahana were celebrating their wedding by taking a forest retreat getaway and Kristopher and Elsa came as well, and celebrated Kristopher becoming an adult!

Blapa burfna!

Kris looks very different from his brother, the only feature they have in common is their nose (although Kris here has a nose shader on that I forgot to give to his bro). They don't have the same eyes at all, nor the same mouth. Kris takes after his mom whereas Colby is more or less a clone of his dad..

See! Not so goofy looking now...

Like really

not

goofy looking...

Anyway since he grew up he decided he was no longer angry with the world and wanting to be public enemy so I changed his aspiration to master mixologist. He really enjoyed being a barista so I thought he'd enjoy being a mixologist.

When Kris was a toddler, I had turned auto-age on in other households but I only wanted it for the teens in my game, not children, but somehow Kris got missed and he aged up as a toddler without getting ALL of his skills (he got 3/5) and he was given a trait without my input- he was 'insane'!

Then, when I was playing another household, child aged Kristopher asked my current sim to come to his birthday party, so I thought, why not? and went to Kris' birthday party and he became a teen, getting the trait "hates children" Gah! Not the trait I would have chosen. This time I got to choose his trait so he is "romantic" just like his dad.
Scholar
#1646 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 6:55 PM
Ah. Forcing Dark Form on via MCCC solved the issue of being unable to get into it. From that point on, turning it on and off seems to go perfectly fine.

Still not sure what to do about about half a dozen vampires being "known alien", even though I checked their traits and they totally aren't alien and never were alien...
Scholar
#1647 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 9:48 PM
You feed a stray or two, and then this happens...
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#1648 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 2:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Moraelin
You feed a stray or two, and then this happens...

Just like in real life!
Scholar
#1649 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 2:40 AM
Ayup. Just like in real life.
Field Researcher
#1650 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 6:12 AM
So I got City Living during that sale a little while back, and have been slowly playing (slowly because I did that complete re-haul of my game, which has taken quite a bit of time) through the functions and festivals and whatnot. Now this is probably just my game being wonky as ever, but for me I have to say that festival ended up being quite pointless.
Spice festival? Its pretty much what it says on the tin - basically the only reason to attend, I think, is to buy spice. The geek thing, well, couldn't get a cosplayer to stand still (or in costume) long enough to get a picture taken or anything, then the computer competition took so long that the festival ended before I could get my sim to at least take a ride in the rocket. No big deal but not worth taking the time to go there, okay, so now I know that.

The flea market I did twice, and despite having two sims tending one table and one of those painting stands, not a single sale either time. Lots of interested sims gathering to gawk at my sims, but no sale. Huh, now that felt pointless.
And finally the romance festival - I made a third sim to move into the household (since the two I was playing were a couple and I wanted to see how it would play out with a single sim looking for love as well) and sent them over to the festival. ...yeah. Lots of tea-drinking at least, and a previously played sim selling her paintings in a corner, but other than that? Several sim couples I've made and played showed up and chatted, and there was quite a few new, unwanted, sims spawning for the event - but no love guru.

The most eventful thing was when my single sim joined a group sitting at one of the tables (hoping to strike up a flirty conversation at this point with just about anyone) and Moira Fyres stood up, climbed up (climbed, not just glitched up) onto the table, and then stood there chatting for the rest of the festival. I honestly thought it was a feature at first, that she was in such a flirty party mood she'd be "dancing on the table", kind of, and found it funny, but... no amount of interaction attempts could get her down from the table again, so clearly a glitch. Still, it was the most fun and memorable part of the festival.

Also, all of those "hey, want to go to the opera with me?" and "hey, let's go to this party!" calls my sims get from random acquaintances? Not sure how those are supposed to go normally, but in my game they only occur a few hours before a festival starts and would end up being at the same time as that festival - if agreeing to go actually did anything at all. Should there not be something, some kind of option or at least a hint as to where to send your sim for this?
Anyway, I'm through with festivals I think, it is actually more fun to send my sims to the restaurants on dates or just to learn the "experimental" recipes so far - actually, is there really no way to get those recipes without having to make your sim eat all those things at the restaurant?
Page 66 of 104