Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 5th Mar 2017 at 3:21 PM
Thank you staff for taking the time to update and clarify guidelines, not just these but the other modifications made recently as well. The clearer the guidelines, the better

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 10th Mar 2017 at 2:20 PM
Default just an FYI to make everyone's lives a bit easier.....
I worked for Wesco fabrics (a design house in Denver) for about a year. They are designers/distributors to interior decorators. Unless the images you want to use for walls/floors/upholstery come directly from the manufacturer, the company who is posting the picture does not have a copyright to the image unless they are the SOLE distributor for the manufacturer. Hope that helps!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#28 Old 10th Mar 2017 at 2:25 PM
The image is still copyrighted, though - the manufacturer licences it alongside the sale of the fabric, specifically to enable the vendor to use it to advertise the fabric, but the usual rules apply to random people who see it online.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 8:52 PM
I'll ask here, since all the links I've followed (Creator's feedback, Creator's guidelines)have lead me here.
About editing another creator's mesh. I found Bloom's policy, on Insimenator's site, but it is not clear.
I found it here .
Since I never used anybody's creation or parts of it as a base for my own, I have no idea how to proceed if I wanted to share it, or if I am even allowed.
All the most knowledgeable people seem to hang in here, so could you tell me, if I'd be allowed to upload on here(MTS) an edit of Bloom's mesh?
Or am I only allowed to upload my edit at Insimenator? Bloom's last activity was in 2012...
Thank you all.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#30 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 8:59 PM
I think the first section of that policy - "Feel free to upload your creations based on one of my meshes here" - is just to let people know that anyone can post sexyfeet meshes in that subforum. "People can use my stuff or parts of it but never put them on pay sites or ask money for it!!" appears to be the general policy, and it's pretty clear - you can upload edits of his stuff on MTS.

Bear in mind that, although Bloom says credit is optional, MTS rules are that you must provide credit even if the original creator didn't ask for it.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 22nd Apr 2017 at 9:58 PM
Thank you so very much Nysha, for clarification and looking into it for me. Of course I'll give credit, and a link to the original mesh, and a link to Bloom's suggested skintone to wear along with it. Even though, the skintone(s) are already linked in Bloom's original post.
This makes me too happy. :lovestruc

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Page 2 of 2