Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 6:33 PM Last edited by waterdiamond15 : 22nd Apr 2014 at 12:48 AM.
Default The 12 Princesses Challenge
Sims 3: Twelve Princesses Challenge
Goal: Have 12 Princesses Born From The Same Mother and Father and eventually be able to move them all into the castle before the eldest daughter becomes an adult and the mother and father become elderly.
Rules:
-You may not have the father/king and mother/queen have children with anyone else but each other.
-You may use fertility treatment to make the challenge easier.
-If you want to spice things up, you can make it a 12 Princes challenge instead of Princesses
-You may NOT use apples or watermelons to determine the gender of the baby or anything else that could do that as well.
-The only cheats you are allowed to use are cheats that will allow you to have more than 8 sims in a household. (I suggest nraas's master controller, portrait panel, woohooer, and mover.)
-No sending your daughters (or sons) to bordering school, and absolutely NO hiring a baby sitter!
-You may NOT move any of your princesses (or princes) out. They must stay with their family, they can however have a love interest if you wish, but the love interest cannot move in with them or have any children with them.
-If you have any sons(or if you wish to do the Princes challenge, daughters), you are to move them into a different home. This is the twelve princesses challenge, not the twelve princes and princesses challenge (unless you chose to do the Princes challenge, then it would be reversed)
-In order to move the sons out, make sure you have a house ready for them with an adult waiting for them because you must move out the sons before they become toddlers. Moving them into the same, separate house will help you keep track of them. (Again, if you wish to do boys, it would be reversed.)
-Your princesses (or princes) may get jobs as they grow older in order to help with the funding towards their future castle.
-Each princess must be named according to what number they are. (Ex. 1st born would start with an A, 2nd with a B, 3rd with a C and so on until you reach the 12th, L)
-If you wish to speed up the aging process, there are limitations.
-Infants can be aged up at any time, toddlers can be aged up once the have been potty trained, taught to walk and taught to talk, and children must get onto the honor roll in order to age up. Teens and Young Adults may not be aged up! Remember, you want to complete this challenge before your eldest daughter is an adult and it would help greatly to have your teens and young adults around to help with the younger children.
-The castle you want to have as part of your end goal can be the castle of your choice, HOWEVER the MINIMUM VALUE of the castle MUST BE $125,000 and it must be furnished! I suggest going on the exchange to find a castle if you don't wish to waste time making your own. There are a plethora of nice castles on there that have a value of atleast $125,000 (If you wish to make the challenge more difficult, you may want to aim for something more expensive)
-The castle must have atleast 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a living room, kitchen, and dining room. If you chose to do the bedroom minimum, one bedroom must be for the parents and the other bedrooms will have 4 girls in each.
-If you have enough money to buy the castle before you have had your twelve daughters (or sons), you may move into the castle if you wish. But remember, the challenge isn't over until you have your castle AND your twelve princesses (or princes).
-If you do not wish to use a castle, you must use a house meets the same requirements as the castle!
-Even though this is the twelve princesses (again, princes if you wish to do boys) challenge, you don't have to dress your sims in nice dresses and stuff like that if you don't want to.
-Life spans must be set between 90 and 105 days. YOU MAY NOT HAVE A LIFE SPAN LONGER THAN 105 DAYS.
-You can start the challenge with having your king and queen be young adults so that you have more time with them to complete the challenge.
-You may not allow any of your "royal family" to become vampires or any other kind of creature to extend their lives. That is cheating!
-Most important of all, have fun! If you decide to record my challenge and put it on YouTube or somewhere else, post the link below! I would love to see people doing this challenge and get some feedback!

If something confuses you, feel free to ask questions. I would love to see people try my challenge. And in case your wondering, this is somewhat of an interpretation of the story of the 12 Princesses who would dance the night away every night, except here their mother doesn't die unless you want her to.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 20th Apr 2014 at 11:55 PM
Bump.
Test Subject
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 12:13 AM
how can you have 12 princesses/princes without moving them out, if there's only 8 sims allowed in a household?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 12:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gothiclolitapl
how can you have 12 princesses/princes without moving them out, if there's only 8 sims allowed in a household?
you can use mods like nrass. I use master controller, woohooer, mover, and portrait panel. I guess I should edit that. XD sorry bout the confusion!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Apr 2014 at 3:04 AM
bump for the sake of the challenge. <3 I would love if some people could try it.
Test Subject
#6 Old 27th Apr 2014 at 8:42 AM
This sounds quite interesting.
Only this bit confuses me a little and leaves me with questions
Quote: Originally posted by waterdiamond15
-If you have any sons(or if you wish to do the Princes challenge, daughters), you are to move them into a different home. This is the twelve princesses challenge, not the twelve princes and princesses challenge (unless you chose to do the Princes challenge, then it would be reversed)
-In order to move the sons out, make sure you have a house ready for them with an adult waiting for them because you must move out the sons before they become toddlers. Moving them into the same, separate house will help you keep track of them. (Again, if you wish to do boys, it would be reversed.)

I get that you have to move them out to make space for the prices/princesses depending on the challenge. I'm just not sure HOW you would move them out? You can't just move a baby out without an adult? I know you can use the 'kick out' option with Nraas Mover but that just sends them to whatever place but not necessarily all of the sons/daughters to the same house ... am I missing something?

And sorry if those questions are dumb. I haven't been trying stuff like this before and there is still a lot to discover, I guess
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Apr 2014 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amancham
This sounds quite interesting.
Only this bit confuses me a little and leaves me with questions

I get that you have to move them out to make space for the prices/princesses depending on the challenge. I'm just not sure HOW you would move them out? You can't just move a baby out without an adult? I know you can use the 'kick out' option with Nraas Mover but that just sends them to whatever place but not necessarily all of the sons/daughters to the same house ... am I missing something?

And sorry if those questions are dumb. I haven't been trying stuff like this before and there is still a lot to discover, I guess

Sorry for the confusion. What I do is I go into "edit town", then I go to the active household which is the one I'm doing the challenge with, from there I do "split up household", i select the babies of the gender that I don't want, and then I move them into the house of my choice. If you're still confused, let me know and I'll try to explain it better. Hope that cleared things up.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Apr 2014 at 9:04 PM
Bump for the challenge! thanks. :D
Test Subject
#9 Old 1st May 2014 at 6:06 PM
*lol* okay, that makes things clearer now. Thank you very much. Will probably give it a shot ^^
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st May 2014 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Amancham
*lol* okay, that makes things clearer now. Thank you very much. Will probably give it a shot ^^

Yay! I hope you do, and I would love to see it if you decide to put it on YouTube! Glad your understand now. Have fun!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 11th May 2014 at 4:49 PM
bump, and I cannot believe my thread has been viewed over 1000 times. i NEVER thought that would happen. T.T
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 11th Jun 2014 at 6:08 PM
Bump please <3
Test Subject
#13 Old 5th Jan 2015 at 6:22 PM
Think I will try this one at some point. bump!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 4:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aqua118
Think I will try this one at some point. bump!

i forgot about my thread haha. i hope you give it a shot!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 7th Feb 2015 at 4:08 AM
has anyone see anyone do this challenge on youtube? I'm curious and if you plan on putting it on youtube, post a link! i would love to watch.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 5:12 AM
I'm going to do this challenge on my channel! It's a wonderful idea! I love it. :D
Test Subject
#17 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 10:56 PM
I really want to try this challenge, could someone recommend me a castle to download? (I only have the Ambitions and Generations expansion packs!)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 1:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by max4love
I'm going to do this challenge on my channel! It's a wonderful idea! I love it. :D

That's great to hear! I can't wait for you to try it. Don't forget to post a link so i can watch :D
Test Subject
#19 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 5:52 PM
(I ended up with downloading this castle http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=351602 and made my family east-asian to fit the castle style)
Test Subject
#20 Old 11th Feb 2015 at 6:28 PM
Is it considered cheating to use lifetime points (earned w/o cheats) to get more money?
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 1:12 AM
Lifetime rewards are not normally considered game cheats, but who knows? :P
Great choice on the mansion!

I'm uploading the first episode either tonight or tomorrow morning, depending on if my PC cooperates:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Xa...DnMiMliO_aWXrXO
Test Subject
#22 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 2:21 PM

Thank you, I were mostly wondering because of the "-You may use fertility treatment to make the challenge easier." point (: And thank you, it's a really cool house!

---

Sigh, it was all going so well until my eldest daughter was supposed to grow up from a child to a teen. Her birthday started but then nothing happened. I tried both cake and cheats to make her grow up but nothing helps (and when I tried to go into CAS to make her a teen it just loads and loads forever). Anyone has any suggestions of what I could do to fix this bug? :/
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 2:41 PM Last edited by max4love : 12th Feb 2015 at 2:44 PM. Reason: grammar
Quote: Originally posted by Elayne
Sigh, it was all going so well until my eldest daughter was supposed to grow up from a child to a teen. Her birthday started but then nothing happened. I tried both cake and cheats to make her grow up but nothing helps (and when I tried to go into CAS to make her a teen it just loads and loads forever). Anyone has any suggestions of what I could do to fix this bug? :/

I know this breaks the rules of the challenge to suggest this, but try moving her out of your household (temporarily). This happened to me once, and exactly when I got her out of my current household, I checked in the relationship panel and the Sim had immediately aged up, so I added her back into the household then. I also have a few NRaas mods - so I'm not 100% certain if the game fixed itself, or Overwatch, Error Trap or even Master Controller was the saviour.

If this doesn't work, then your Sim may have aged up with some faulty CC that prevents the aging up process or entry into CAS. Have you also tried resetting her? Or resetting the entire town? I hope it works out for you. I'm only just starting the challenge officially now (and recording it). Hopefully, all goes well. :P
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 10:40 PM
I know this breaks the rules of the challenge to suggest this, but try moving her out of your household (temporarily). This happened to me once, and exactly when I got her out of my current household, I checked in the relationship panel and the Sim had immediately aged up, so I added her back into the household then. I also have a few NRaas mods - so I'm not 100% certain if the game fixed itself, or Overwatch, Error Trap or even Master Controller was the saviour.

If this doesn't work, then your Sim may have aged up with some faulty CC that prevents the aging up process or entry into CAS. Have you also tried resetting her? Or resetting the entire town? I hope it works out for you. I'm only just starting the challenge officially now (and recording it). Hopefully, all goes well. :P

it wouldn't be against the rules as long as you bring the princess back ASAP.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 10:53 PM

I'm uploading the first episode either tonight or tomorrow morning, depending on if my PC cooperates:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Xa...DnMiMliO_aWXrXO

I must say, I'm really excited to watch you continue the challenge. And I love the idea of having Rowena and the magic land and following the story of the barbie movie. When I made this challenge, I had the movie in mind a long with a few books based on the story of the 12 princesses. I'm also very happy to hear that you are excited to do the challenge.
Page 1 of 2