Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 10:20 AM
Default Looking for a Sims 3 mod that alters the way romance works when playing as a female Sim
I'm kind of annoyed about how romance works in the Sims 3 in many ways, but one thing stands out; the way female romantic interactions play out!
I find it annoying how, whenever my female Sim is wooing a man, making out with a man, or something of the sort, she always takes the dominant position! The man NEVER makes any moves whatsoever. They act like that dude Hayley marries in the American Dad episode where she gets brainwashed. "You may now kiss the bride." "Is it mandatory?" Dafuq? Grow some balls, male Sims!!

I've done my best to look for a mod that will change it, making the man more sexually dominant, but I can't find anything.
If anyone knows of any mods that will change this, or if any mod authors are taking requests....
Thanks for taking the time.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b103/fatality1986/sims%203/willow%20legacy/Screenshot-443.jpg
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 10:22 AM
Scholar
#3 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 5:58 PM
The only way I can think of to do this--and it won't really--is to work on manipulating the personalities, traits, and + gender details (the last in Nraas Master Controller). I can't see anything in the game that makes it possible to program he patriarchy into it. But in Master Controller there's a "Kinsey Scale" which doesn't really alter the Kinsey scale (gender orientation/identification because Kinsey was working before we separated those out), but actually, as Igazor explained, sets a threshold for romantic behavior. If you set all the women with a 0 or 1 in the attraction to men, they would be reticent & less likely to act first (this is independent to their attraction to women, which you set separately), As for the photo, nothing can be done about that: the sims just roll around any which way. Honestly, even in a completely Gorean universe of female subjugation, you would occasionally find a lady kissing a fellow from above.

I have to admit that I don't know how my proposed procedure would really work, and I'm not going to test it for you as I don't share your evident disgust at female sims smooching on male ones.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 8:32 PM
The screenshot you provided as an example of what you don't want in your game is a player directed action. I don't believe that Sims autonomously make out on the bed.
Whatever Sim is wooing another is going to be the dominant Sim. If you want the male to be dominant most or all of the time, you will need to play an active male Sim.

If you want to play an active female, I think your best bet is to try and work with the traits, like lucy kemnitzer suggested.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 12:07 PM

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.