Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 9:58 AM
Some things I think are NECESSARY in the game to keep me happy:

- Sim-Owned Businesses: I want an Open For Business-like expansion but it should have differences, like different kinds of businesses. Have malls that a sim can own one shop in... Not the whole mall! This made malls pointless to me in The Sims 2...

- Add more challenges to the game. Right now, the game's only goals are to get a job... And once you've gotten promoted to a higher position (no matter what job you've got) you're making 5x what you need to live off of. Jobs that barely pay the bills would be preferable. I want my sims to have something to work hard for. Maybe make special items that can only be acquired by difficult means... Like massive amounts of a new currency (Like magicoins, or vacation tickets from TS1). Or some point-based scale with rewards (Like aspirations rewards)

- Please give me an actually interesting sim creature... Ghosts are so lame. Once you've seen what they all look like, they're instantly pointless. I want a creature with special abilities that actual make a significant impact on gameplay. Like witches and magic spells, only they don't have to make witches first.

- My God! Give us memories! Or some kind of system so we can look back on what a sim has done with their life if we're playing them for the first time.

- If they can't modify the Simolean distribution system, then at least make some more luxurious furniture priced insanely high so my sims with $100,000 in their household funds after going to work for two weeks can have something to spend it on!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 10:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by icu2richelo
- If they can't modify the Simolean distribution system, then at least make some more luxurious furniture priced insanely high so my sims with $100,000 in their household funds after going to work for two weeks can have something to spend it on!

Maybe they should just add a function on the mailbox that lets you donate to your favourite charity whatever amount you want. Or maybe donate to another sim.
Banned
#28 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 2:17 PM
Medieval stuffs!!! I want some fantasy stuff, namely, well... Final Fantasy stuff. XD I've been on a serious FF6 binge lately (the 2nd best game evar, after Sims stuff), and I've had an urge to wanna make neighorhoods and Sims in the game's honor. That said, I reeeeeeaaaaally hope Enala's skins can make a Sims 3 comeback... Or at least something similar. *nod*
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 3:43 PM
Quote:
Medieval stuffs!!! I want some fantasy stuff, namely, well... Final Fantasy stuff.

Why do you people keep asking for stuff you want from 3rd party creators in an EP speculation thread?

It's also already possible to create reasonable FF6 Sims.

One thing I seriously want to see is elf ears. You'd have thought EA could at least add a pointiness slider, but oh, no...
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 3:44 PM
If the expansion pack is a vacation remake, then I'll end up uninstalling and re-installing TS2. What the heck, thats proabbly the EASIEST one to make, just add an extra location in a seperate neighborhood format to go to and thats vacation.

There are SO much more interesting ideas to use, but they pick the easiest. The best by far would be a magical EP, or the like because i miss the creatures and stuff from TS2. EAxis of evil sucks.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chazemataz
If the expansion pack is a vacation remake, then I'll end up uninstalling and re-installing TS2. What the heck, thats proabbly the EASIEST one to make, just add an extra location in a seperate neighborhood format to go to and thats vacation.

That is probably why they make it the first expansion.

The first expansion pack will sell, regardless of content.

Late expansion packs must deliver more value to be marketable.
Test Subject
#32 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 5:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by catnip834
I want want see in expansion packs: Taits:shy,greedy,collector,animal lover,dislikes animals,dislikes plants,prideful, Pets:panda,pig,wolf,dogs,cats,japaness fighting fish,cows,sheep,meerkats,goats,mice,rats,bears,raccoon,turtle,boar,penguin,bunny,rabbit,squirrel,monkey,weasels,horses,ostriches,chickens,duck,crows,dragons,silkworms,bat,vampire bat, new things pets do:Get eggs form chickens,ducks and ostriches,milk form cows and gaots,get to ride on horses,if evil get monkey to steal money form sims,get silk form silkworms,wool form sheep, Building:shoping mall,clothing shop,pet shop, Be able to make own town Hair:very long hair male and female,curly hair male and female,inuyasha hair male and famale,inuyasha's brother hair male,anime hair male and famale,sailor moon hair female,japaness hair,gothic hair male and famale..

God, I dont even want to try to read that XD

I would like to see (much like others have suggested) buisness EPs. I loved opening my own little bakery in The Sims2! :] Maybe we could have art shoppes and plant shoppes too.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 6:22 PM
I want the sims 2:bon voyage remake!!!!I want them to actually go cruising and on airplanes with airports of course.I want to make my own destinations like China or Germany where they can fly to in the airplane.
Test Subject
#34 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 7:05 PM Last edited by catnip834 : 6th Jul 2009 at 7:18 PM.
Werewolf or Vampire job can be how high they are in a clan.Fell out window death is done by spouse that is a golddigger.Shy is differect form loner they want be around sim but are they don't have courage to.loner can be around but don't want to be around sim.they don't have fast food jobs where cars drive around building to get food.You can't get marry to big foot in sims2 without a heck.I want my all my town full of monsters.New lifetime wishes raise 10 animals,(vampire,werewolf,zombie,)kill 15 sims or monster hunthers,monster hunther kill 15 monsters.More sims on house lot then 8 like 12.
Test Subject
#35 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 7:25 PM
I'd like something for my Evil Genius sim to do, other than steal candy from a baby... Seriously, that's the extent of the evil interactions? I want to build an evil lair, build evil robotos to do my bidding, I want to build a mind control device to control other NPC sims and make them do my bidding. I want to blow up the police station, I want to be on the criminal path and do some actual crimes...
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 7:27 PM Last edited by raindrops84 : 6th Jul 2009 at 7:32 PM. Reason: forgot about the magic EP!
Quote: Originally posted by Grub
Build mode. Yeah, it's Sims 3 and we still have pretty much the same dang build mode as in Sims 1. The only stairs in your house are gigantic staircases that go only straight? How many houses actually have staircases like this? Most real stairs have a landing of some kind that allows the staircase to change directions and take up less space. Also, let us build our own new towns, please! And I wouldn't mind an easier way to make basements, either. Perhaps also allow increased freedom for vertical and horizontal placement of things such as windows.

I think you have hit some very good points there and I agree!! Especially the stairs and basement.

The fact that they removed the option to make your own town is ridiculous and I fully expect that it will be restored in the near future (I hope... ).

As far as EP's.... I want to see pets+farm animals EP (I miss having a sim cat), and a magic EP (one that was actually NOT and afterthought like apartment life witches) and a downtown/nightlife/superstar type of EP. As for the rest, surprise me
Alchemist
#37 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 7:27 PM
anything except Magic and Superstar crap
Field Researcher
#38 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 7:31 PM
Maybe they should just add a function on the mailbox that lets you donate to your favourite charity whatever amount you want. Or maybe donate to another sim.
-
Your sim has to have the good trait to donate to charities, I think.
But, there's several you can donate to.
Test Subject
#39 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Syanoko
Your sim has to have the good trait to donate to charities, I think.
But, there's several you can donate to.

An Evil Sim can also donate, to undermine the charity
Field Researcher
#40 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 7:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Syera
The Sims 3: Hero Adventures!

Let's face it; TS3 already has so many RPG-like features, why not go the extra mile?

-A new rabbit hole will become available: the Adventurer's Guild! Become a full-time hero, or just take a quest now and then.
-Smelted metals and gemstones will be used to make weapons and armor.
-Sims can slay monsters in the wilderness.
-New stuff to gather, including herbs that can be used to make potions - some will help your Sim in combat; others will effect their day-to-day lives.
-Increase your Strength stat by increasing your Body skill!
-New skills, such as Aim for gunners/archers!
-Shiny new fantasy buy/build stuff, clothing, and hair, including CHAINMAIL BIKINIS!

...Just kidding. Mostly. :P

I like it

Quote: Originally posted by DeLoure
A children-focused EP. In both TS2 and TS3, there isn't much to do with babies, toddlers, children and teenagers. Personally, I don't like having children in-game because there isn't nothing to do with them. That EP would include school vacations, daycare centers, nannies, private schools, a possible homeschool option, FIELD TRIPS filled with endless opportunities, extracurricular activities like ballet, football, girl/boy scouts, NEW and BETTER looking clothes, more hairstyles, more children's toys, school socials, graduation, flunking a grade, summer school -- the list could go on.

I'd love that. I completely agree that there's not enough stuff for the younger generations to do in the sims and I get terribly bored with kids.

I'd like a stuff/expansion pack that gives us the ability to make our own neighborhoods again. I'd like to make theamed neighborhoods again or just build my own neighborhood from scratch. Just feels like there's more control that way. Personal preference obviously.

A paranormal one would be nice, that included magic, aliens, vampires and other possible magical creatures. I like the wackiness in ts2 that seems to be missing from ts3.

A business one again, where you can run a home business, a lot based business, or something I'd like is perhaps a market to be set up somewhere in the towns where sims can rent stalls and sell their items on that. I think it'd be really cute and would work well in ts3. I'd like it if they opened up the rabbitholes in this one.

I'd like weather and a GOOD animal expansion pack too including farm, pets and zoos. Possibly university if they made it fun.

Of course, I don't really mind what EA makes as long as it's good.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 8:25 PM
Quote:
Werewolf or Vampire job can be how high they are in a clan.

Oh, I get it. Like Scientology, only with fangs instead of lawyers.
Mad Poster
#42 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 8:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by happycowlover
Here’s an idea for a Nightlife + House Party remake. The Sims 3: After Hours. New features:

-EP style- Dressed to Impress: very trendy clothes, simplistic clothes, modern furniture, futuristic clothing and furniture.
-New skills: Dance, Singing, Magic Trick, Bartender
-New careers: Dance, Entertainment, (from Free Time), and Extreme careers. Top of Dance Career- World-Renowned Ballet Dancer or Legendary Choreographer. Top of Entertainment- Mystic or Clown Expertise. Top of Extreme-Knievel’s Protégé
-New dances. Clumsy sims often fall down or step on their dancers’ toes. School dances at school (occur like stadium games) and dance competitions at dance studio
-New buildings: nightclub (visible building), dance studio (rabbit hole for Dance career unfortunately), cyber-café (visible building), community center (rabbit hole for Extreme career)
-New objects and interactions: hot tubs, pool tables, poker table, cards (kids too), spin the bottle, blender machine (sims get ‘Winded Down’ moodlet LOL), deep fryer (sims get ‘Finger Lickin’ Good!’ moodlet), magic tricks, juggling, family kiss, nursery rhymes, more instruments including microphone, piano, and keyboard, blog on computer, prank call, more electronics, Request Day Off From Work, gve gifts, table interactions, bring back the dating system and outings!
New foods: Candy, comfort foods: brownies, fried chicken, loaded baked potato, sweet tea, soda (although I hate soda, it seems weird for my sims not to have it available to them), donuts. Take-out from restaurants.
-Romantic interactions: Cuddle under the stars, hot tub options, slow dance, shy flirt (with the chance of sim hit on feeling awkward), kiss hand, rub noses, write love letter, goose, woohoo in hot tub, woohoo at spa.
-Kids should be allowed crushes called Puppy Love where they could hold hands, hug, compliment, write a love note, rub noses, give pecks on the cheek, and go on ‘kiddie dates’. All would be totally innocent interactions. Kids do these things in real life, so why not in the game?
-Parties: Bachelor/Bachelorette parties, baby showers, sleepovers, ACTUAL WEDDING OBJECTS (champagne, wedding arch, wedding cake, throwing the bouquet, ect.)
-Toddler-to-toddler interactions: Huggle needs to come back! Give Toy (gives any toy in toddler’s inventory to another toddler), babble, grab at (like how toddlers IRL like to touch each others’ faces and basically get to know each other), Meaniehead interaction (Evil toddlers will tease and make other toddlers cry), Playdates for toddlers
-Child-to-toddler interactions: Seriously, kids can’t do anything with their younger siblings? Tease, tickle, talk, family kiss, nursery rhyme, give toy, give bottle (IRL older children can be responsible to give bottles to toddlers under parent supervison)
-Absent-Minded sims: Daydream option
-Child-to-Child interactions: Horseplay, Mary Mack, cops and robbers, foot fighting at table

After typing this, I got inspired to do one for a Superstar and Free Time remake.

If they do this, I will kneel down and kiss their shoes.
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 9:23 PM
Hmmm...

Cruises: Sims spend 3 or 4 sim days on a cruise for vacation and stuff while the ship goes out around the ocean and you can see the land. Also, for vacations, the cruise ship will take you to the location, but you would also spend a couple days on the cruise ship first, while it travels. Also, for people who don't want to take the cruise, there would be the plane option. There is a place in Sunset Valley that looks like it could be a future dock. So it could be foreshadowing.

Werewolves, Vampires and Aliens: These are the three I really want. I didn't really care for the others (especially Plant!Sims, blech) in Sims 2, but I want these in Sims 3.

Looks like University is coming. Hopefully the University will either be in the towns, or the new town it is in will be just as big and just as wonderful.

Speaking of towns: I can't stress this enough. We need create-a-neighborhood back!!!!
Scholar
#44 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 10:10 PM
If they are doing a career based EP it would be perfect to have it include college and new careers. But it needs to make sense...University was really stupid that way. Some of the careers where you needed a degree to get them made no sense, yet there were other careers where it would make sense to need a degree that any sim could open the paper and get. If they're going to do something with careers it would be nice for them to get it right this time. Just my opinion of course.

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 10:18 PM
Law and Education would feel very relevant to a University EP.

Since the Science career seems biology-oriented, it should get a new branch, more oriented towards physics or chemistry.
Field Researcher
#46 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 2:49 AM
crossing fingers for a superstar remake
Field Researcher
#47 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 2:56 AM
An Evil Sim can also donate, to undermine the charity
-
xD
Oh, that's Just so kind of them.
Top Secret Researcher
#48 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 6:01 AM Last edited by happycowlover : 7th Jul 2009 at 3:48 PM.
Default The Sims 3: Higher Learning
The Sims 3: Higher Learning Combination of University and Free Time

-EP styles: Collegiate and Homebody: Geeky outfits & hairstyles, conservative outfits, disheveled & cheap-looking outfits, cheap & torn furniture (let’s face it, college is expensive), simple furniture, country furniture, country clothes & hair, comfortable-looking outfits & hair, comfy-looking furniture
-Majors: Most from University, Medicine, Culinary Arts, Journalism, Music, Fashion, Education
-New Careers: Fashion, Psychology (Stem from Medicine), Education, Law, Acting
-New skills: Computing, sewing, robot-making, pottery, candle & perfume making, soccer, basketball, swimming, badminton, herbal medicines, movie making
-Harder colleges: In University, college was nowhere near hard as it is IRL. Sims would have to pay every semester (tuition depending on school) in order to stay. Sims would also have to take an SAT-like test and pass it in order to get in.
-3 college choices: There’d be 3 university options: Sunrise Community College (take classes at community college rabbit hole in town), Soleil University (college town/area, regular priced), Sim State University (college town/area, expensive). SCC would require a C or higher but no SAT scores. SU would require a B or above, good SAT scores, and three references. SSU would require an A or above, great SAT scores, three references, and a part-time job. Any sim, teen & up, would be able to get in as long as they passed the SAT-like test and made good grades in HS. Teens would be able to get a jumpstart at their college career by taking classes at the community college. Also, sims could hold work full-time while at college
-Exams & Finals: Instead of everyone having to do a term paper at the end of each semester, it’d depend on your major. A Fashion major may have to sew 3 garments, a History major may have to write a report on a historic building, a Drama major may have to put on a Stellar performance
-Job requirements: Medical, Law, Business, Education, and Journalism, would require majors to advance. Being realistic, you wouldn’t make it far in the medical or law field without majors.
-Opportunities: Sims with degrees may be called to other towns to solve problems as special Opportunities. When they do, sims go off-screen for a few sim hours then return with reward. Graduated sims can also start at higher positions
-New foods: Snack machines, more junk food (to symbolize college life), more “family” foods (casseroles, turkey, ham, garlic mashed potatoes, grilled trout)
-New objects & interactions: Badminton set, basketball hoop, soccer goal, diving boards, new swimming options, small track field, cycling (as an activity) sewing machine, candle-making set, perfume-making set, robot assembly station, ‘Show Off Tailored Outfit’, book clubs, chemistry set, cars, car creation, Myshuno!, Don’t Wake the Llama, relax in sand, herbs, herb mixing station, bowling, more dances, more instruments, yoga, karate, meditation, camcorder, cameras, photography (can edit photos), rock climbing station, go-carts, ‘Serious Conversation’ from parents (all younger sims would get bored except No Sense of Humor and Workaholic sims), ‘The Talk’ from parents (teen sims would get embarrassed) blowup pools for toddlers, ‘Girl Talk’ and ‘Boy Talk’ for kids & teens, hang out, ice cream maker, ‘Dance with Toddler’ for child and up sims, musical chairs, ‘Observe Sim’ for toddlers (makes sense since babies & toddlers always like to stare and observe your actions), hula hoop, pool tables
-Child-to-Child: Hopscotch, Jump Rope, Hide & Seek, Monkey in the Middle, Duck Duck Goose, Simon Says, Leapfrog
-Toddler-to-Toddler: Steal Ice Cream, Eat Dirt, Play in Kiddie Pool
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 8:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Syera
Oh, I get it. Like Scientology, only with fangs instead of lawyers.

I love you.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 7th Jul 2009 at 11:39 AM
I would like to see:

More other company collabs -yeah its all about the $$$ but I thought the H&M & Ikea stuffs were fabulous! oooh! Topshop! XD

More lots in the hood! there's so much natural space, and yeah that's nice and all... but I want more lots

Quote: Originally posted by happycowlover
The Sims 3: Higher Learning Combination of University and Free Time

Yes!
Higher-education for young adults. No I don't want to play the uni life (dear lordy no, not that again! It can be like the current high-school situation) but I would like it to be an option that aging up teenagers who are more academically inclined can choose for a portion of their young-adult life. I agree that this should involve choosing majors/subjects that will help them advance faster in related careers in the future as well as unlocking new opportunities both at uni and in their future careers. Also, the length of time it takes to complete the degree should vary according to subject. Longer for medicine, shorter for media studies and such.

Proper getting in and out of cars / onto bikes animations!
Cos..geez!?
Locked thread | Locked by: leefish Reason: no more EPS :(
Page 2 of 67