Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 10:55 AM
Default superstar would be great
that would be awesome i remember the sims 1 SUPERSTAR that was my favorite one to play to be an actress/actor or makin' magic but the way it was in the sims 1 with fairies and whatnot didnt like apartment life witches too much alittle boring.

Quote: Originally posted by mdossantos047
I already posted this before, but whatever. I'll post it again.

An "Arts" EP. Sims could play various musical instruments, form a band, do modeling, acting, and sculpturing. It would kind of be like an advanced version of Superstar. This would be a good EP to add nightclubs and bars.

That would probably be the best for me.

.: don't expect from me what you would from other people, it's just not possible :.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#77 Old 9th Jul 2009 at 11:05 PM
I would like the option to hold funeral parties.

There could also be a generic "house of life" (non-religious church) at the graveyard, where birthdays, weddings and funerals could be held. At this house there could be an Officiant (non-religious priest) who could comfort Sims in despair.
Scholar
#78 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 6:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Angstrom
I would like the option to hold funeral parties.

There could also be a generic "house of life" (non-religious church) at the graveyard, where birthdays, weddings and funerals could be held. At this house there could be an Officiant (non-religious priest) who could comfort Sims in despair.

That's actually a really cool idea. I also think they should do a "romance/dating" based EP and bring back slow dancing. I was playing Sims 2 today, and I realized how much I miss that for my couples.

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Field Researcher
#79 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 3:20 AM
THE CIRCUS! Carnival themed pack! Ferris wheels, clowns (They can even have a new circus career track lol), those acrobats, and more!
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 9:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MiMiN86
that would be awesome i remember the sims 1 SUPERSTAR that was my favorite one to play to be an actress/actor or makin' magic but the way it was in the sims 1 with fairies and whatnot didnt like apartment life witches too much alittle boring.

An EP around movies should include lots of props and options for players to make all sorts of machinima. Those could be shared with other players and shown in the theatre (open it up so we can watch as well !!). Give players more creativity options
Top Secret Researcher
#81 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 4:16 PM
I'm not too keen on an EP entirely made of machinima features. That feature caters to a certain audience and to those that don't, they won't find any use in the items. A person could say not to buy a unwanted EP, but that'd be an EP that could have had better items. The only way I'd feel comfortable with that is if they added the machinima features to a Superstar remake so both fans would be happy.
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by happycowlover
I'm not too keen on an EP entirely made of machinima features. That feature caters to a certain audience and to those that don't, they won't find any use in the items. A person could say not to buy a unwanted EP, but that'd be an EP that could have had better items. The only way I'd feel comfortable with that is if they added the machinima features to a Superstar remake so both fans would be happy.

I didn't mean an EP geared solely towards machinima creators. Of course they need to make EP's that target a broad audience. But when making EP's they shouldn't just look at sims 1 and 2 EP's......they need to look beyond that towards more community features. They can go look at the makers of spore if they need inspiration. Sharing content needs to go beyond sharing your 4 color settings for a texture if you know what I mean. There's so much more that can be done.
Field Researcher
#83 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 3:27 PM
You know, I was planning a birthday party for my sim teen. I could choose between formal, casual and swim. I couldn't pick between formal and casual. Maybe they should have a semi-formal. You know, dressed nice but not completely casual or formal.
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 4:37 PM
I would really like a Scouting organization. Of course non-religious and co-educational.

That would fit well into a Sims 3: Extreme or a Sims 3: Adventure expansion.
Test Subject
#85 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 5:02 PM
Oh i have Loads !

Sims 3: Prom
*Buy and make prom dresses
*ask people to prom
*hire limos
*Traits: loves/hates dresses/tux, loves/hates proms cant/can dance
*buy punch and cake and snacks
*learn to dance
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 5:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mikokat12
Oh i have Loads !

Sims 3: Prom
*Buy and make prom dresses
*ask people to prom
*hire limos
*Traits: loves/hates dresses/tux, loves/hates proms cant/can dance
*buy punch and cake and snacks
*learn to dance

Prom seems kind of specific to teens. Besides I think it would soon turn into one of those elaborate minigames you play once or twice and get bored with. Like Uni was for a lot of people. An EP would have to consist of more than that.

Had another cool idea that will never make it....but I can still hope ^_^
Inspired by the "religion in sims 3" thread.....nonono I'm not suggesting churches.

Sims 3 "Meet your maker" - In which you really get some godlike powers. Create neighbourhoods and populations to your liking. Power over life and death, weather, natural disasters (or some slightly less natural, alien invasion or giant servo attack anyone?) Lots of fun to be had :D
Test Subject
#87 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 10:23 PM Last edited by prang123 : 12th Jul 2009 at 10:50 PM.
My Ideas
I Have herd that they are making a exspancion pack called "Destination Adventure". That Sounds Awesome........

I am Going To Send Our Ideas To EA and MAXIS and see wat they think

THX

PRANG123
Scholar
#88 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 10:33 PM
Holy crap, smiley abuse! -10 points for each smiley with which you have blinded me.

Creator of the Sparkly Things
In Soviet Russia, the Sims mod you!

ZOMG Patterns! ZOMG! Patterns! the Group!
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
Test Subject
#89 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 11:11 PM
Default Voting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We Should Vote to see wat the best ideas are.
I am going to send the best one's in like i said B4

Sorry about all the smily's i just cant get enough of them
My Favorite EP's Are..................
  1. The Sims: Makin Magic
  2. The Sims: House Party
  3. The Sims: Hot Date
  4. The Sims: Superstar
  5. The Sims 2: Pets
  6. The Sims 2: Apartment Life
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 2:00 AM
I want a more career focused expansion. Where you can be inside of the rabbit holes:

Instead of just selecting "working hard" or "business as usual" you make the choices while in work to reflect that.

Like maybe instead of going to lunch break where you can get to know your co-workers you can chose to work a little harder.

I just want a more in depth career system and I want to go into these rabbit holes even if some areas are still blocked off.

For example:

Law Enforcement Track, have the main space with cubicles and computers, but also have a few jail cells where you can interrogate criminals, and also have a lunch area to get to know co-workers.

Education Track, have the classroom where you will spend most of the time but also have a lounge.

Athletic Career, have some different fields and have a training area and a locker room.

Will introduce new objects like:
-sports fields
-chalkboard/whiteboard
-jail cell
-lockers
-different storage spaces

Will introduce new interactions like:
-interrogate
-route for sports team
-teach (insert topic hear)
-show around job

And for part-time jobs you can work as the babysitter, maid, pizza man...etc.
Cause I know I'm not the only one who always wanted my sim to be the maid.
Test Subject
#91 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 2:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by brandon1107
I want a more career focused expansion. Where you can be inside of the rabbit holes:

Instead of just selecting "working hard" or "business as usual" you make the choices while in work to reflect that.

Like maybe instead of going to lunch break where you can get to know your co-workers you can chose to work a little harder.

I just want a more in depth career system and I want to go into these rabbit holes even if some areas are still blocked off.

For example:

Law Enforcement Track, have the main space with cubicles and computers, but also have a few jail cells where you can interrogate criminals, and also have a lunch area to get to know co-workers.

Education Track, have the classroom where you will spend most of the time but also have a lounge.

Athletic Career, have some different fields and have a training area and a locker room.

Will introduce new objects like:
-sports fields
-chalkboard/whiteboard
-jail cell
-lockers
-different storage spaces

Will introduce new interactions like:
-interrogate
-route for sports team
-teach (insert topic hear)
-show around job

And for part-time jobs you can work as the babysitter, maid, pizza man...etc.
Cause I know I'm not the only one who always wanted my sim to be the maid.

I totally agree but i also think that u should be able to see inside buisness and shops/movies
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 2:57 AM
I'd like the following

- University (I genuinely liked that xpac)
- Pets (which will more than likely be released 4th or 5th, though pets should ALWAYS be in base game imo)
- An urban based xpac that's a cross between Superstar and Nightlife
- Vacation/Travel
- Holidays (includes stuff for all holidays as well as special interactions for said holidays)
- Seasons (perhaps combined with Holidays)

I'm sure there's more, as I liked a lot of suggestions already, but those are the ones I miss the most. I like having life be a tad more realistic. :P
Test Subject
#93 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 5:18 AM
I definitely want pets in TS3, it would be fun to pick traits for them. But, I also think it would be fun to have a CSI style expansion. Nothing violent of course, just to add some intrigue to the game and expand the cop and criminal careers.
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 6:25 AM
I just hope they DON'T incorporate any of the following previous expansions.

-The Sims: Superstar
-The Sims: Makin Magic

I am looking forward to a pets expansion. It'll be nice to see if they'll do something new. I found The Sims 2 pets to be a bit boring.
Banned
#95 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 6:33 AM
I'd like something like a generational expansion pack, with various fashions and hairstyles.... 70s... 80s... 90s... ect.
Field Researcher
#96 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 5:47 PM
I think it'd be cool if they had a Sims 3: Back in Time where you can do things from different time periods. Like, have a Sims 3 neighborhood set in the 70's, or other times
Instructor
#97 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 8:16 PM
I personally would love to see a remake of The University expansion, but they should try and make it more realistic, I think sims should have the option of attending school online!! I have to say the UNI was my favorite expansion pack!
Lab Assistant
#98 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 9:51 PM
Sims 3: Architects. Drag in a whole load of new, advanced building options, such as curved walls, complete control over the sizing of doors and windows (as well as the ability to slide them up and down the wall) and whatever else they can come up with, really. Would be fun if it just added the architecture job and you unlocked more tools and abilities as you got promoted.

A remake of Makin Magic would be smashing, nothing crap like the witches in Apartment Life. I want those damn dragons back!
Test Subject
#99 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 10:10 AM
In order for them to keep interest, they're going to have to combine the features of several EPs into single ones for TS3 remakes, and add entirely new concepts... So
the ideas we already have to work are...

TS1
-----
-Livin' Large
-House Party
-Hot Date
-Vacation
-Unleashed
-Superstar
-Makin' Magic

TS2
-----
-University
-Nightlife
-Open for Business
-Pets
-Seasons
-Bon Voyage
-Free Time
-Apartment Life
-Mansion & Garden Stuff*

*It was the only Stuff pack that contained EP features, and was labelled as EP9.

Going by this pattern, we can expect 11 EPs in TS3. The ideas EPs are based on are...

-Livin' Large/Mansion & Garden Stuff
-House Party
-Hot Date/Nightlife
-Vacation/Bon Voyage
-Unleashed/Pets
-Superstar
-Makin' Magic
-University
-Open for Business
-Seasons
-Free Time
-Apartment Life

Which, by itself gives us 12 different ideas for EPs. But, of course, some will wind up combined, because we need at least SOME new ideas. Since what we already know is the first EP is vacation based, these are my predictions for 11 EPs. Each would also include, of course, a brand new neighborhood, new objects, and new careers.

------------------------------------------------------

The Sims 3: Destinations
-----
  • 'Satellite neighborhoods', smaller locales that can be visited via new train station rabbitholes in main neighborhoods. Tropical islands, canyons, the jungle, etc. Also, different neighborhoods can be visited with them.
  • The entire weather and temperature system from Seasons, but expanded. Sims can tan, or grow pale. Also, weather affects wants.
  • Introduction of wild animals, and a fleshed out hunting skill.
  • Expansion of fishing skill to match hunting.
  • A marina, and player ownable boats in each neighborhood.

The Sims 3: College Town
-----
  • The ability to create and use post-secondary education buildings in town, as well as dorms.
  • Sims going into University can either live at home and go to school, or move into a dorm room in another neighborhood (train stations would also be included here for travel between neighborhoods.) If Destinations is installed, the option to study a semester abroad, at a satellite neighborhood becomes available as well.
  • Reintroduction of influence meter.
  • Expansion of logic skill

The Sims 3: Pets
-----
  • Basically, a shot for shot remake of Pets, with a few additions and tuneups.
  • Much greater variety of cat/dog breeds, and a sophisticated breeding system.
  • New skill, Training.

The Sims 3: Farmland
-----
  • Farms. You can own them. Huge increase in variety of harvestables, as well as hirable help for harvesting and maintaining.
  • Raisable animals like cows, chickens, etc.
  • Expansion of gardening skill.

The Sims 3: Downtown
-----
  • Apartments, nightclubs, and all their associated things.

The Sims 3: Architecture
------
  • Basically, exactly what the guy above me said. Things like sublevels, vertical placement grids, and sunken basements are now NORMAL. Includes refurbishing of rabbitholes into actual, usable lots.

The Sims 3: Family Business
-----
  • Basically, Open for Business.
  • New skill, craftsmanship, which works like handiness on furniture and non-electronic items.
  • Expansion of handiness skill.
  • Introduction of talents, like traits, but genetically transferable. A sims predisposition to being good at different things.

The Sims 3: Fun & Games
-----
  • SPORTS!
  • Great increase in athletics skill. Can't really describe this one much, but you get it. There are a lot of sports to play outdoors, and more games indoors.

The Sims 3: Heroes
-----
  • Basically, Sims get superpowers. Do with them what you will.

The Sims 3: Supernatural
-----
  • A remake of Makin' Magic.

The Sims 3: Rock 'n' Roll
-----
  • More or less a remake of Superstar, but with a much greater emphasis on band life. Includes the ability to start garage bands, and the duplication of the guitar skill to a myriad of other instruments.
Scholar
#100 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 12:09 PM
I'd like a lot more to do for my sims... I loved the business at home/hobby stuff where you could build and sell things, objects with new functions. Ingame challenges and make collecting have more use, love to keep my sims busy with all kinds of stuff. Especially when its a few step project, like create something out of parts, which you can do something special with.

Rabbitholes jobs turn into real builds where you can play your sim. I'd love to see them busy hang in offices, work on different science machines, practice with the band, go out and steal in groups, cook food, waiters, hang out with colleagues or the boss, order around their employees, or ruin it and get sacked. And insides of these job buildings which can be edited.

Better romance options. Like hot tub, dates, traits to which sims are attracted, marriages, ballrooms, restaurants. Looks like they stripped a lot of this out of sims 3 to add it later in an expansion pack. Would be cool to have it back, expanded.

More options for kids. Kids have so much more potential! More interactions and toys. And a real classroom with a teacher, hanging together in breaks between lessons. And things to do for toddlers, babies. Buggy, recolorable baby blankets.

And more traits. The new traits make sims a lot more fun, there is a lot more potential in this. There are so many traits which could be added. Interaction between traits.

Cooking And Ingredients Overhaul is cool, somthing like that should be combined with a supermarket which isn't a rabbithole. Create your own food shop or restaurant.

I miss my servos from part 2. I made them normal sims with robot skins, they were fun, but should have more options. One of my sims was completely obsessed with creating robots. Would be fun for a good or evil scientist. I'd like to see playable robots and robots that do stuff (and not get damaged all the time, making them useless).

Small things to add:
Multi fish aquariums and cool insect collections. Would be fun for a museum.
Add your own pictures to paintings in a simple way. And have a real exhibition where people can buy them or buy tickets to see them.

"When the moon is in the seventh house
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars"
Locked thread | Locked by: leefish Reason: no more EPS :(
Page 4 of 67