Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Feb 2017 at 10:08 PM
Default How to Stop Replacement CC Replacing an Outfit?
Hi there, this is my first time posting so bear with me

I recently added a default outfit recolour for the witches in sims 2. It uses the same mesh as the original witch dresses and robes for warlocks, but it uses another texture (the blue good witch outfit is now gold). As much as I love these new colours, I prefer my new neutral witches to spawn in the standard brown robes and not the recolour, and instead have the recolours as separate outfits that you can buy instead of replacements. Is this at all possible? I have dabbled around with Sim PE before so I just about know the layout of it.

Thanks for any help I can get
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 8th Feb 2017 at 10:21 PM
If the meshes are Maxis, just start a new project in Bodyshop choosing those outfits (they should export with custom textures), import them to the game without any changes, close Bodyshop and then remove the default replacement.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Feb 2017 at 11:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Voeille
If the meshes are Maxis, just start a new project in Bodyshop choosing those outfits (they should export with custom textures), import them to the game without any changes, close Bodyshop and then remove the default replacement.

That's great Thanks for your help, I'll try this tomorrow
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 1:11 PM Last edited by FluttershyOwl : 9th Feb 2017 at 1:58 PM.
Hi there, I'm trying to do as you said but my Body Shop is crashing every time I try to open the Adult Everyday clothes. It loads one and then crashes on me. I've tried to get rid of all my CC clothes to see if it would help but it won't even load with no CC clothes or any CC installed. Any ideas on what I can do? I've tried it with a clean game too, still crashing loading up everyday clothes.
Scholar
#5 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 1:31 AM
How did you try it with clean game? Did you just move the Downloads somewhere? Instead of that rename the The Sims 2 (or The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection) folder in documents/EA Games (e.g. add a number at the end) and then try to run Bodyshop.

Simblr
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Feb 2017 at 5:18 PM
How did you try it with clean game? Did you just move the Downloads somewhere? Instead of that rename the The Sims 2 (or The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection) folder in documents/EA Games (e.g. add a number at the end) and then try to run Bodyshop.

I tried both. I removed the downloads folder, and when it still crashed I then renamed my EA folder and let it generate a new one by running the game and playing the Goth family for a couple of seconds. Still crashes after loading one outfit in the Adult Everyday section.
Scholar
#7 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 3:29 PM
That seems very weird. Does it happen with other sections too? Is it only in Bodyshop, or does the game crash as well?

Simblr
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Feb 2017 at 3:50 PM
That seems very weird. Does it happen with other sections too? Is it only in Bodyshop, or does the game crash as well?

It happens in Formal clothing as well, but Swimsuits are fine. I can play the game perfectly.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#9 Old 12th Feb 2017 at 3:21 PM
That could be caused by a dodgy bin mod, which you would have installed in your install location, in TSData -> Res -> Catalog.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
That could be caused by a dodgy bin mod, which you would have installed in your install location, in TSData -> Res -> Catalog.

Removing the globalcatbin.bundle file from the Bins folder did allow me to get further into the Everyday clothes, but it still crashes after a certain outfit. Its a different outfit from before though. Bear in mind this is still with a clean version of the game.