Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 10:15 PM Last edited by JustKeepSimmin' : 31st May 2015 at 12:59 AM.
Default The Vampyre Legacy challenge
Hey first of all I'd like to apologize for the extremely harsh subject matter in my previous challenge (which has since been deleted). I wrote it on a whim and wasn't exactly sure how it would be received... Sorry guys

Anywho I had an idea for a lighter legacy challenge that I'm trying out today, just let me know what you think Also you need either LN or SN to play this (base game could work if you link it with the perfect genetics challenge)

Also I would suggest using the portrait panel mod by nrass for this challenge.

Backstory

A girl stood before the door of the beautiful old building. She gently raised her hand and knocked.
"what do you require my child?"
The girl shuffled her feet staring down at the ground
"A place to stay the night and no longer"
A sigh resided from the other side of the door followed by the creaking of the old door being opened fully
"Come in, you'll catch your death out there."
The girl eagerly wandered inside and almost immediately the harsh scent of garlic hit her nose. She reeled backwards coughing.
"Anything wrong, young one?"
"I'm... Allergic"
The hooded figure nodded before turning on their heels and walking solemnly out of the hall.
The girl smiled as she stared at the locket in her hands, "Father I shall not fail you."

Sims:

This is where it gets a little complicated so I'm going to split it up into two groups

The Coven:

Everyone in the coven must have the good trait or everyone in the coven must have the evil trait. Even the recruits (take away one trait of your choice)

The High Coryphaeus:
Leader of the clan. An adult/elder, could be male or female. (in the backstory he is male but it works either way) Strong, confident and wise. They have no personal goals other than ensuring the Haeres grows strong and wise.
Traits: Any three from the good list (below), ambitious and good/evil

The Haeres:
Offspring of the Coryphaeus. A young adult, male or female. (in the backstory she is female but it works either way) The last remaining heir to the coven. Their personal goal is to have as many vampyre children as they can to ensure a future Haeres. Once the High Coryphaeus has passed on, they will automatically receive the role their parent left.
Traits: Any from the good list and good/evil

The Oracles:
The wisest of the coven. Any age you wish. Their personal goals are to master logic, writing, painting and sculpting skill (if it is available to you) there can only be two oracles at one time (vampyres as wise and creative as them are rare and something to be cherished)
Good Traits: Artistic, Genius, Disciplined, Eccentric, Savvy Sculptor, Perfectionist, Virtuoso as well as the generic good/evil

The Curantis:
These vampyres provide for the coven as well as take care of the human children. Their personal goals are to master the cooking, fishing and gardening skills. There can only be four caregivers at one given time (if one grows old you can allow them to 'retire' and recruit a new one)
Good traits: nurturing, natural cook, gatherer, family oriented, green thumb, angler, loves the outdoors as well as the generic good/evil

The Venatores:
These vampyres lure in unsuspecting victims with their charm. They can be used to lure in new recruits, Homines Amatores or 'food'. Their personal goal is to master the charisma skill
Good traits: Irresistible, Charismatic, Friendly, Good sense of humor, Flirty as well as the generic good/evil

The militbus:
These are new recruits to the coven who currently do not have a rank. They are essentially servants to the rest of the coven. Their personal goals are to gain as many skills as they can in the hope of earning a new title. Note: Vampyres born into the coven are not part of the militbus.
They have to have at least one good trait and only two bad

The Filii Noctis:
These are the vampyre children of the Haeres. They are considered extremely valuable to the clan and are raised by the High Coryphaeus and Haeres themselves. Their traits must be randomized however you are allowed three re-rolls. If they have two bad traits they are shunned from the coven. The only trait that you are allowed to choose is the good/evil generic trait

The Qui Malum:
These are the human offspring of the Haeres. They are unwanted by the vampyres. You can pick their traits and do not have to give them the generic good/evil.

The Homines Amatores:
These are the lovers of the Haeres. They must be human as a vampyre is unable to produce offspring with another of it's kind. They must be attractive, physically fit and contain at least two of the good traits. They have no personal goals. Once a Homine Amatore is used once for a child, they must be disposed of. How depends on which trait you chose, good or evil

Good traits for all in the coven:
Athletic
Genius
Kleptomaniac
Disciplined
Adventurous
Artistic
Brave
Charismatic
Eccentric
Irresistible
Night owl
Supernatural Fan
Virtuoso
Proper

Bad traits:
Absent-minded (for practical reasons)
Clumsy ( i mean come on, who's ever heard of a clumsy vampyre?)
Couch potato (It's difficult to get a couch potato to do anything)
Coward (what use is cowardly vampyre?)
Loser (vampyres are too proud to be losers)
Inappropriate (vampyres are meant to be calm and collected)
Insane (see above)
Loner (just for practicality)
Supernatural skeptic (do I even have to explain this one?)

Edit Just thought I'd add that all other traits are neutral and although are not the greatest ones for a member of the militbus to have, they are not bad. A person with mostly neutral is more valued than one with one bad for example.

This is the complicated bit

If you chose Good:
You are vegetarian vampyres and do not need The Venatores to bring in food.
The Used Homines Amatores are simply kicked out or turned
Filii Noctis with bad traits are moved out
The Qui Malum are moved out once old enough
Your covens goal is to form allies with the humans in the hope of living in harmony :3

If you chose Evil:
The Venatores only bring in food or Homines Amatores
Used Homines Amatores are either locked in a dungeon, killed using Dexter the Bear mod or drained
Filii Noctis with bad traits are locked in a dungeon
The Qui Malum are drained, locked in a dungeon or killed using Dexter the Bear mod
Your Covens goal is to enslave the entirety of humanity All humans must either be dead, turned or Homines Amatores

Edit Be creative with deaths, there are a lot of ways to die in the sims and a whole bunch of mods that can add even more ways of murdering (evil laugh)

In the beginning:

You start out with The High Coryphaeus, The Haeres and one venatore. This is the only point in the challenge that you are allowed to use cheats

Create a house which includes:
A large dining hall (EDIT: As the family expands, make the dining hall larger, you could have the Homines Amatores and Qui malum eat seperately)
A large kitchen
At least one living room
At least two bathrooms
At least 3 bedrooms- two with en suites ( I suggest having spare rooms though)
A study
A garden for planting
A small fishing pond
A nursery with two cribs, a highchair, a potty chair and toys (EDIT: As the family expands you can add more nurseries or expand the room)
EDIT: If you chose the evil trait add a large basement to serve as a dungeon for torturing the humans (minus the torturing part you sadists :P)

Lock the doors to the study and nursery for now. The study can be unlocked once you have an Oracle and the nursery when you have either a child or a Curantis. Set you family funds (testingcheatsenabled true, familyfunds [familyname] [amount]) to 30,000 simoleons and begin!

I hope you enjoy this challenge :D
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 11:42 PM
This seems really well thought out and I love the detail. I'll have to give it a try when I get some of my current challenges cleared off.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 8:52 AM
I'm glad you like it
Forum Resident
#4 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 10:46 PM
I really like this challenge. Adding it to my "to-try" list!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 1:27 AM
Yay! I'd love to see screenshots when you try it
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 6:10 PM
Bump

(Yes I'm scummy)
Test Subject
#7 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 2:03 AM
What makes a legacy challenge different that other challenges? Sorry I am kind of new to this.
Test Subject
#8 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 1:34 PM
Love this challenge! I'm doing it now <3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 1:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Eaoke3
What makes a legacy challenge different that other challenges? Sorry I am kind of new to this.

A legacy usually spans over generations whereas a regular challenge is normally completed in one gen
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 26th Apr 2015 at 1:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Meow-Meow-Belle
Love this challenge! I'm doing it now <3

I'm so glad you like it
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 27th Apr 2015 at 4:39 AM
This sounds like a bunch of fun and I'm adding it to my list of stuff to try! Quick question though, it sounds like the household would have a lot more than 8 sims in it?

Icon made by me!
Test Subject
#12 Old 5th May 2015 at 5:53 AM
This challenge seems REALLY FUN and I've been looking for a good vampire challenge because I don't have any use for them? lol so this should be a cool way to play around with 'em. Oh and I'm gonna be doing a youtube series of it! I posted the trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wsN_q8gBHU
Test Subject
#13 Old 11th May 2015 at 5:44 PM
Wait, if you have SN vampires are immortal ... are the leader and his kid vampires?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 27th May 2015 at 9:46 PM Last edited by JustKeepSimmin' : 27th May 2015 at 9:57 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by TigerSim15
Wait, if you have SN vampires are immortal ... are the leader and his kid vampires?

Yup, you can either choose to keep the leader around or 'retire' him to a seperate lot when you feel necessary x
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 27th May 2015 at 9:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nbalchemist
This sounds like a bunch of fun and I'm adding it to my list of stuff to try! Quick question though, it sounds like the household would have a lot more than 8 sims in it?

I would suggest using the portrait panel mod by nrass to get more than 8 sims in the household. I'll look into making a condensed version if you don't want to mod your game (although nrass is completely safe) x
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 27th May 2015 at 9:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by saidthedustspeck
This challenge seems REALLY FUN and I've been looking for a good vampire challenge because I don't have any use for them? lol so this should be a cool way to play around with 'em. Oh and I'm gonna be doing a youtube series of it! I posted the trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wsN_q8gBHU

Ahhh! I'm so happy I watched the trailer and it looks fabulous x
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 11:27 PM
Bumpy bump bump
Test Subject
#18 Old 16th Jun 2015 at 3:51 AM
Although this challenge is one of the best vampyre challenges ive read, I have a question. If the haeres is supposed to have as many vampire children as possible, why is it that she can only have human lovers?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 23rd Jun 2015 at 6:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kindredmaje
Although this challenge is one of the best vampyre challenges ive read, I have a question. If the haeres is supposed to have as many vampire children as possible, why is it that she can only have human lovers?

Thanks! Oh and it's just to make the challenge more difficult, otherwise vampyre children would be easy to come by. From a lore perspective I like to believe that vampyres cannot breed together to produce fertile offspring so they mix with humans to produce fertile offspring
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 10:10 PM
Bumping...
Test Subject
#21 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 1:52 PM
I'd start this right away, but there's just one thing that bugs me. Do the higher-ups really have to be so perfect? Can we at least give them some neutral traits?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 9th Jul 2015 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ph03n1x
I'd start this right away, but there's just one thing that bugs me. Do the higher-ups really have to be so perfect? Can we at least give them some neutral traits?

I wrote this challenge to be as difficult as I possibly could without it being impossible, if you wish to give your higher ups some neutral traits you're more than welcome to. The rules I've set are more of a guidline, I'm more than happy for people to take this and adapt this as much as you wish (no really, go nuts!) x
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 13th Sep 2015 at 6:01 PM
Would anyone be interested if I did a LP on my channel of this? If you wanna check my channel out it's here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx...sGnyhzG62WLbnGQ
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 14th Mar 2016 at 1:28 PM
Last ditch bump
Inventor
#25 Old 16th Mar 2016 at 10:45 PM
This challenge sounds like a lot of fun! I'm probably going to be mixing it with the Random Legacy Challenge, but I'll keep you posted as to the state of my vampire house!

The Darkdusk Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
The Nightmagic Legacy has ended. Read the whole thing!
Last of Her Kind has ended thanks to a dead computer.
Page 1 of 2