Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

Theme Catchup2018 - posted on 1st May 2018 at 10:50 PM
Replies: 852 (Who?), Viewed: 75572 times.
Page 25 of 35
Theorist
#601 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 6:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VerDeTerre
... mandolin... I was all kinds of confused and thought I was bringing him a mandolin...
Whichever kind it turns out to be, take care with your fingers.

Ronnie de Noube - Comic and Blog; Sim National Laboratories and our Protein Folding Team.
@)->-----
Mad Poster
#602 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by r_deNoube
Whichever kind it turns out to be, take care with your fingers.
Ronnie, this is one of my biggest fears and I almost didn't bring it to him. Doesn't matter that he's an adult. First thing I did when I got mine was use it incorrectly and barely avoided a trip to the emergency room. I gave it to him with strict warnings to always use the guard.

It was pretty funny when I was asking him if he wanted me to bring any sheet music for it.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Alchemist
#603 Old 6th Nov 2017 at 9:48 PM
Well, 1 headache down, 3 to go
The vaping shop had to manually put my ID on file. They apologized for the error.

Now that I got that figured out...
1.) Call PayPal customer service about the ID requirements and tell them my situation needs a little wiggle room to get my account back to normal. (Permanently disabled means you don't have the same number of IDs as say, a service man enlisted in one of the five military branches)
2.) Vote in the NJ gubernatorial election. This is just a tension headache waiting to happen. (I hate dealing with politics, but my health in any sense usually hangs in the balance when people in charge run their mouths off about taking away the services I rely on.)
3.) Download Sonic Forces and set up my new controller. I paid for it and I plan to play after it's on my computer and the controller is dealt with. (I have been trying to get rest and anything like programming an XBOX 360 controller to work with compatible games is a headache in its own right.)

My parents brought up that "I hatched from an egg on my date of birth" it was a discussion of animals other than chickens that hatch from eggs and make sounds other than "peep". I didn't mention platypi and echidnas (They are the only two species that lay eggs and yet do normal mammal things like nurse and have hair and the like. This classifies them as monotremes, which is only composed of echidnas and platypi).

When I mentioned alien...I got a disapproval of "Nah" even if I said "Nanu-nanu"

"There are some obstacles that cannot be removed with a mere show of force."
-King of Atlantis, as portrayed by Leonard Nimoy, Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Alchemist
#604 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 2:03 AM
I voted for State Governor. Using the voter interface was easy. However, my father was stymied by the interface as he is used to levers and not a customizable paper and LED interface.

I finally got my controller working and it took a search on YouTube for a better setup instruction manual. In Sonic Forces, I made a blue male Scottish Fold cat avatar who wields a Red Burst Wispon and so far, I made it to the spaceport. So I finished the 2nd Episode\Stage and because it's quite...laggy, I am stuck on the 3rd Stage. There's a trajectory issue that has a bounce spring placed too close to the bottom edge of the platforms in Stage 3

I made my specialty triple chip cookies. Trust me, they were awesome. I left a plate for my mother so she can have some.

But I have yet to call customer service at PayPal.

There's tomorrow...

Either way, I got plans tomorrow to play my games and try going further.

Alchemist
#605 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 7:50 PM
Just put an application in for a house! I'm pretty hopeful about it because they said they'd accept dogs. It's a 3 bedroom house (but one of the bedrooms is really small) so we have space for a guest bedroom or maybe a baby room one day! I'm excited!

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#606 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 10:19 PM
Surprise ice cream cake at work. Gotta love great colleagues!
Mad Poster
#607 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsimsfan12
Just put an application in for a house! I'm pretty hopeful about it because they said they'd accept dogs. It's a 3 bedroom house (but one of the bedrooms is really small) so we have space for a guest bedroom or maybe a baby room one day! I'm excited!

Oh, I'm so excited for you! I hope you get it, and this is home where all your dreams will come true.

"Death cannot stop true love; all it can do is delay it for awhile."
Alchemist
#608 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 11:05 PM
YESYESYES! My application is half-way through, they want to have a look round my current flat (which is a dump, thanks to my ex, and me not really being around to nag him to clean) but hopefully it'll be cleaner soon.
Also I checked my grades, so far this semester I haven't gone below a C+ (Mostly A's and Bs, with the 1 C on a piece of homework I really struggled on the 40 mark question) and even on my first essay of my Masters degree (with a "harsh marker" grading us) I still managed to get an A! I'm doing better in my Masters degree than I did in my Bachelors.

Theorist
#609 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 6:15 AM
I learned, by experiment, that aloe vera gel conducts electricity.
I've no immediate plans to use this knowledge,
but because I am a geek, learning it has made my day.

Ronnie de Noube - Comic and Blog; Sim National Laboratories and our Protein Folding Team.
@)->-----
Alchemist
#610 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 1:30 AM
Saw the elusive George in my local supermarket tonight. He was working in produce and I did every possible route to further avoid making contact with him.

George kind of resembles Heero Yuy from Gundam Wing, except he wears all black clothing that is somewhat a tight fit, has a couple of piercings, all black sneakers, wears eyeliner. I really like the guy, but trying to interface with George turns into a series of shut downs which reduce me to a stuttering fool. I actually stutter when excited, that's been there a while.

Part of me is scared to talk to him but I also feel sonder, a weird emotion where you empathize with someone and feel they too have vivid lives.

For now, I have food to eat.

Alchemist
#611 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 11:01 PM
Listening to "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer" was the perfect cure to my mother's Christmas insanity. Something about such non-traditional novelty Christmas songs makes dealing with my mother this time of year somewhat satisfying.

Alchemist
#612 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 12:54 AM
Looking at the page for the Sims franchise on another website, they mention that there are mods for everything from skintones to objects to a Sim-version of Rivendell. I know there are a few people who've made Rivendell-inspired lots for each iteration of the game, but still, it's pretty cool to see a shoutout to something that's likely to be my creation showing up outside this website's community!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
staff: retired moderator
#613 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 4:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra
it's pretty cool to see a shoutout to something that's likely to be my creation showing up outside this website's community!

Oh wow, that's great!

Reminds me of when Fansee's Brokeback Mountain sims made Rolling Stone and then got put into the game itself:
http://www.modthesims.info/download...974#post1762974
Alchemist
#614 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 10:48 PM
It may not be much, but my finances are under control this month. I have $0.95 in the account. No pending charges. Keeping track of any tabs to pay back.

In short, I tackled the grown-up version of The Boogeyman. I also came out on top.

I say this because someone likened looking at your bank account as an adult is similar to checking for monsters before bed as a child.

Alchemist
#615 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 12:06 AM
My boyfriend came over on his lunch break, we ended up lying in bed listening to "Danny's song" by Kenny Loggins. It made me really happy. Even though it was 12 hours ago I'm still buzzing from it... Or maybe it's the energy drink I had for breakfast and coffee for dinner. I'm hoping I crash soon, I have to be up in less than 7 hours.

Alchemist
#616 Old 13th Nov 2017 at 11:36 PM
The Unknown Comic in old age, still wearing a godforsaken paper sack on his head, recollecting experience with Chuck Barris.

I might live to see Daft Punk in a French care facility in wheelchairs, still wearing those robot helmets.

Alchemist
#617 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 11:14 AM
Downloaded a Google Chrome extension for my desktop via my phone.

Up, M'Lady, pack your things // This place is not your home
#618 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 1:44 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 15th Nov 2017 at 2:13 AM.
Found a bunch of cat humor books, the Big and Little Golden Books featuring Grumpy Cat and a Grumpy Cat plush.

The above mentioned are to be my mother's Christmas gift. My mother tortured me with the vagueness of her words and I am irritated by it because it's like she is grading how much I failed. I guess she'll realize I'm not a loser, because I am buying her $100 worth of cat goods.

My mother has a sadistic "you get what you give" policy that the gift you will receive will correlate to the gift you give. Namely, in price.

Because I had to waive getting any major gifts for Christmas and had to go for some $10 or less for opening day, I decided to 1UP my mother by giving her and my father $100 each in gifts.

Part of me is tired of being seen as a leech.

#619 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 3:55 AM
I got an unusual compliment today and suddenly I feel a lot better about myself

Also I'm listening to a badass song
Theorist
#620 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 3:20 PM
It is always nice to see some pay-off for something you've been plugging away at. In my case for this particular situation, I'm talking about our electric bill.

In the spring our electric bill was almost $300.00 because The Boy insisted on using the dryer for everything he washed. Instead of breaking up laundry into smaller loads, he likes to do mega loads which take forever to dry. Running a electric dryer for over a hour a few times a week is a expensive ordeal, so he and I made a agreement. If he wants to use the dryer as he had been, he's paying for it. I use the dryer once or twice a week. The weekly single use is for when I change the bed and for towels, the other is for dog blankets that are washed weekly or bi-weekly. If we don't have a lot of rain and wet weather, they get washed bi-weekly.

Our bill has gone from almost $300.00 to just over $100.00. I haven't seen a electric bill that low since for what feels like forever. Obviously during the summer it is higher, but even then, it is nowhere near $300.00. It comes in at around $150.00 or so. When we have the AC on, I leave the temp set at 77 degrees and use the dehumidifier.

The only other things we've done is unplug things that we don't use and I've swapped out all the lightbulbs to LEDs over time. The technology has gotten better so they no longer give off that weird ghostly hue that they did when they first came out. Unlike those stupid curly bulbs that are full of mercury and are said to last 10-years even though they only last a few months, LEDs actually last. There is one bulb I bought 5 years ago in a lamp downstairs and it still works. The lights I have over the fish tanks are also LEDs. One of the lights died at the beginning of the week and I've had that light for 6 years. Now that I've replaced one, the other will die. Murphy's Law.

The $50.00 I spent on two drying racks have paid for themselves. One has wheels and sits on the floor for things like t-shirts, ect... the other is used for everything else. Doing a load of a wash a day ( I only do this when I have enough. It a waste of time and water otherwise...) keeps the laundry beast at bay.

There's no rest for the wicked
Electronic Arts- Can't spell steal without EA. ~ Mike Murphree~
Alchemist
#621 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 4:25 PM
Cleaned my room today. The downside is that I noticed that I need moar LEDs

Up, M'Lady, pack your things // This place is not your home
#622 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 12:20 AM
Finding more Grumpy Cat goods for my mother.

I plan to give my parents amazing gifts that they'll feel sorry for cheaping out on me.

This Christmas, I humble the both of them after years of being called a taker. I had enough of getting hurt in that manner.

Alchemist
#623 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 10:54 AM
Did the practice exam for my Clinical Neuro exam tomorrow, and I think I did really well without using notes or anything. So I'm not as worried about tomorrow now. I do however really need to go over assessment types and what different blockages cause which strokes because I was lost completely.

Alchemist
#624 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 4:32 PM
Exam done. No more mid-terms!! I can finally relax and actually think about everything I've pushed back for the past 3 weeks.

Alchemist
#625 Old 17th Nov 2017 at 7:40 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 18th Nov 2017 at 3:11 AM.
I think I made my part of the argument that our part of the county needs a second supermarket.

A little history: I live in a semi rural county of New Jersey. About 5 years ago, after 156 years of operations, the company owning A&P Groceries went out of business, and an A&P Grocery Store along Route 31, which is the main way into town either North or South (didn't matter which one you took, it was a road to services) and holds a state record for most fatalities (one knock at the reputation), was only in operation for a few years.

Now, the ShopRite, our only nearest grocery store, has unusually busy hours when growing families and elderly folks are shopping. It becomes crowded to the point it's like red blood cells going single file into a capillary.

Unfortunately, it has come to the point that we're running out of space to shop and time to shop.

My father might present an idea to corporate to build a 2nd grocery store along Route 31 where the empty A&P is still standing.

Then again, it's just something we've been musing.

I got to talk with my aunt Mary, who, although would be a candidate to become a veterinary doctor, it was the math she struggled with. I told her that raising feral cats into domestic ones is now a paying job. For a while, it was a volunteer job I used to do with my parents and my job was to handle feral kittens born to stray mothers to get them accustomed to human touch and my success record is 100% homed cats rate, which meant a 0% return rate. She came for her documents and we told her what happened in the 20 years since we left New Jersey. We mentioned stories involving our cats and wild animals, the various places we lived and our disdain for the corporate American office environment.

I made her some tea with a technique I picked up from Alton Brown (Mr. Brown, for the last time, I'm going to need more Knox Gelatine...Get me two cases and an empty industrial refrigerator and I'll have you a Gummy Zoo)

I told her of our talkative cat, Gemini and her first 4 years with us. She's definitely made her mark.

Page 25 of 35