Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 8:55 PM Last edited by KatieHennessy : 5th Jul 2015 at 12:45 AM.
Default Not all CC is working in my game?
Hi, I have tried downloading custom content today and it seems the only things that work are the game mods and objects. Hair and clothes don't show up for me for some reason. I use Mod Manager to sort out my CC and Sims 4 Studio to merge the packages.

I tested everything merged and unmerged and the furniture still shows up either way so I know the merging isn't the problem.

Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Thank you!

EDIT;

Also, the weirdest thing is that the game actually recognises that the clothing and hair is there but they just won't show up. Attached is a screencap the mod list showing Harry Potter tops and a polkadot dress which I downloaded. They are nowhere to be found in my game unless I've gone blind! I also added a picture of my resource file and my mod folder. There are no more sub categories other than the ones shown.

I downloaded a bunch of clothes just to test to see if they worked. I wasn't expecting they would but then eventually one did which makes me even more confused! Some CC files work but most don't... Why is this?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 8:12 AM
Are you running an older version of the game? I'm having the same issue right now on my offline PC.

I can't offer a solution yet but it might be slightly more reassuring to know that other people are having the same issue - some CC show up in CAS, others don't, but they're all listed as installed.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 9:23 AM
This is a common issue I think. If the CC maker created the CC with a more updated game version than yours, it won't show up in your game. So the only solution is to update your game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 11:34 AM
Thanks so much for both your replies, I'm glad I'm not the only one! I will update and see if that works. Thanks again!
Forum Resident
#5 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 7:08 PM
Your resource.cfg file appears to be the default one which only recognizes one sub folder. Your screenshot seems to show that you have three subfolders with content in them, so you need to alter the resource file to recognize more subfolders as well as updating the game,
Scholar
#6 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 2:18 AM
I don't think script mods are meant to be in a folder either. I thought they had to be in the root of the mods folder not inside another folder for them to work.
That was the case when Sims 4 was first released but perhaps its changed.

A picture of my Mods folder and .CFG file are also added.

Notice my script mods are left zipped in the root of my mods folder

.cfg file below. Just copy and paste into yours.

Priority 500
PackedFile *.package
PackedFile */*.package
PackedFile */*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*.package
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#7 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 8:23 AM
The above is correct. Script mods should not be in a folder.