Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 9:59 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims 2 Ultimate 'Unable to open language file lang.ini'
Hi,

Hoping someone can help here, because I'm at a loss for what to do.

So I downloaded a copy of Sims 2 Ultimate Edition yesterday but I've been unable to load it. I've downloaded and installed the game, I've switched the faulty Paul.dll file for the new one, and the game starts to load only to come up with the following error message pretty much instantly.

Internal Error Message: Unable to open LanguageFile "Lang.ini"

And then it crashes. This isn't the Paul.dll issue, but something else, and I'm not sure how to solve it. Can anyone suggest anything that might fix it?

If not, is there any chance that someone can find their lang.ini file and tell me where it's meant to be and if possible upload it somewhere for me? I don't know if that's too much to ask, but I'll ask anyway.

Thanks in advance.

PS: If this is impossible, can someone please help me install basegame from the disc - with a tutorial or something, it won't even start loading on Win 7 64bit
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Jul 2015 at 10:05 AM
First up, try right-clicking the game in Origin and choosing the Repair option. You might also want to try running the game as an admin - you can do that by right-clicking Sims2EP9.exe in the Program Files/Origin/UC/EP9 folder and then hitting Run as Administrator.

Another possibility is that your security software is interfering. If the above don't work, try disconnecting from the internet, disabling your anti-virus and starting the game. Of course, only do this if you got your copy of paul.dll from your own TS3 install, or if you have already scanned it for viruses if you downloaded it from the internet.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.