Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 12:42 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Placing populated lots in CAW EIG
I have read so much information about whether to populate worlds through EIG or not (with many many mods etc), but I haven't read almost anything whether it is okay in EIG to place lots with households from the Library that have been created before but not played/lived in any way. Basically separately creating a household, taking them from the family bin and placing them on a lot in town in Edit Town, saving that lot to the library and placing it from the menu in EIG.

I have so far followed this tutorial about EIG: http://krrank.blogspot.com/2012/01/...it-in-game.html and only part I'd like to change would be the placing lots with households instead of "empty" lots.

Has anyone tried this before? Is that way to populate world before exporting just plain wrong and will cause the world to crash and that is why players use so many tools and mods to get people in town before exporting?

Thankful for every bit of information
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 6:59 PM
I think this is the way that most people populate CAW worlds:
Tutorials:Populating CAW Worldswiki

I've no idea if it works with the later EPs and gameversions though, but I'm pretty sure it won't work by adding populated lots to EIG.