Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#76 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 2:23 PM
Do fire-ghosts get "Tense!TM" around their own fires?

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#77 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 2:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by littlejestersims
There's one thing I just can't wrap my head around. How on earth do you "lift" the paintings and windows off ground level? When I try to hang a painting on the wall, the painting is always at the very bottom of the wall, almost on the floor and I can't seem to find a way to raise it higher. Can anyone help me with this?

Are you playing with walls up or cut-away? I have noticed that, in my game at least, I can only move paintings as high as I can see the actual wall. So if walls are up I can place a painting wherever I like but if they cut-away so that they are not full height I am restricted with how high up the wall I can place things.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Theorist
#78 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 3:09 PM
In Manage Households, under Unplayed Households, are ALL the townies in there computer-generated? Are there any townies at all that were human-made and that everyone has?

Resident wet blanket.
Scholar
#79 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 5:34 PM
Do you have to use the cas.fulleditmode cheat to add tattoos to an existing sim?

Every time I do this, the game stalls on the loading screen after CAS indefinitely. But cas.fulleditmode has always seemed to be very broken. But that brings me back to: you can really only get tattoos on your sim at the original creation screen??
Mad Poster
#80 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 6:26 PM
how do i move individual sims out of my household into another lot? like a sim and her two daughters moving out of her parents house?
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 7:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
how do i move individual sims out of my household into another lot? like a sim and her two daughters moving out of her parents house?

i found this out a couple days ago: you have to go to manage worlds, then manage households and choose split and merge. there you have to click the little plus sign to create a second household for part of the family.
Top Secret Researcher
#82 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 7:25 PM
VerDeTerre, You're welcome, I'm glad it worked! I had to rebuy half the items in the Caliente house for the same reason ^^ I didn't have the buy option on the comp & the bookshelf and the items were'nt even seen as existing on the lot since the Caliente started spamming odd wants to buy a toilet, a TV, a fridge, a stove etc!

Admiranda, I ended up renaming them Spencer K. Lewis, which sounds better anyway IMO. I guess they made the family before implementing the name restrictions, like in the stream when they talked about the old houses that uses a roof system that was removed.

gwynne, yes you have to send back a sim in fullcas to add a tattoo, no other way around. I didn't have any problem with it but when yes, exiting the CAS seems to be a very long load. Double check the family relationship afterward before saving your new look tho, that cheat supposedly can screw them - not that it happened to me however.
Alchemist
#83 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 7:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MarcyRoars
I've tried various things, including the moveobjects cheat mod, but to no avail. I guess the empty towel rack is filled with... Well, air.

Gotta love it. New feature. Thanks Marcy!
Forum Resident
#84 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 7:44 PM
Has anybody worked out a quick way to boost friendships? In TS2 the 'hang out' option would have you all friends within a couple of hours - now it seems no matter what I do my Sim can't become friends with anybody!
Test Subject
#85 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by acid_fairy
Has anybody worked out a quick way to boost friendships? In TS2 the 'hang out' option would have you all friends within a couple of hours - now it seems no matter what I do my Sim can't become friends with anybody!

I make sure my sims are happy, then something like this: friendly introduction, brighten day, ask about day, discuss interests, ask about day, tell joke, compliment, and as soon as "hug" becomes available I add it in the mix. It usually goes fast for me... good luck!
Forum Resident
#86 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 7:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bareback
I make sure my sims are happy, then something like this: friendly introduction, brighten day, ask about day, discuss interests, ask about day, tell joke, compliment, and as soon as "hug" becomes available I add it in the mix. It usually goes fast for me... good luck!

I'll give it a go, thanks!
Test Subject
#87 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 8:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by acid_fairy
I'll give it a go, thanks!

No problem! It should be noted that sims with conflicting personalities or "negative" traits tend to take longer and more work. My mean sim has no problem making enemies but it's very hard for him to make friends, and my "good" sims will have nothing to do with my "bad" sims and vice versa!
Test Subject
#88 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 9:18 PM
Is there a way to change a dead NPC sim's portrait from "ghostly" to normal? I like to remember passed away sims faces, but with the ghostly appearance they all look very similar
Mad Poster
#89 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by acrylicpainting
i found this out a couple days ago: you have to go to manage worlds, then manage households and choose split and merge. there you have to click the little plus sign to create a second household for part of the family.

thank you!
Test Subject
#90 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 12:02 AM
So I've never purposely killed a sim before, but I want to see a ghost. I invited someone over and trapped them in a doorless room in the back yard, when they starve to death will it make a ghost? Will it make a difference that they're a townie and not a member of my household?

Also, she has the evil trait, how bad of an idea is it to have an evil ghost haunting my poor sim?
Test Subject
#91 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 7:49 AM
How does licensing songs actually work? My guy has the musical aspiration and one of the goals was to write a song. It got fulfilled and the sheet music was in his inventory. Only option was to resume writing so I did that at which point it asked me to name the piece and then it just disappeared. No licensing option pops up in the mailbox and the music sheet is just gone.. Am I doing this right?
Scholar
#92 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 7:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PlagueRat
How does licensing songs actually work? My guy has the musical aspiration and one of the goals was to write a song. It got fulfilled and the sheet music was in his inventory. Only option was to resume writing so I did that at which point it asked me to name the piece and then it just disappeared. No licensing option pops up in the mailbox and the music sheet is just gone.. Am I doing this right?

I suspect you will get royalties in the same way like after writing a book. So you get regurarly payments.
Test Subject
#93 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 8:31 AM
My issue was more like the option not showing up however it turns out you need level 9 skill for that. Impatient me :D
Field Researcher
#94 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 9:43 AM
Sorry for my late reply! Big thanks to everyone for your help, I had no idea about the new method with the paintings. Everything works now & my sims can finally have windows

Edit: My problem was that I simply didn't know how to lift the paintings up, they were at (almost) ground level, like this:

I didn't know that the old "click-and-drag" method wouldn't work but now I know, thanks to you all, that I'm supposed to "left- click to pick up the item, let go of the mouse button", as eRogue explained it. Thanks again for your help, it's much appreciated!
Instructor
#95 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 6:35 PM
I have a couple of build issues that are really bugging me if anyone could help.

1. Sometimes when I build a wall (using the actual wall tool and 'drawing' the wall where I want it) objects up against a completely different wall that's not even directly touching this new wall will highlight in yellow and then disappear. If you're playing a family when this happens the item goes into their family inventory but if I'm building on an empty lot it's just gone and I have to go back through buy mode to find it. Anyone know why? I also had items sitting on top of console tables that suddenly were on the ground directly below where they were supposed to be. I do have twistedmexi's moveobjects mod. Is it from that?

2. How do these stupid walls and rooms work?? lol I don't like using the 'room' tools that plop down like a square or L shaped base and then you can push and pull to get the size you want. I prefer to just draw my walls where I want because I'll usually put like two sides and then places some objects to get my sizing right and then add more walls and move on from there. However, I keep running into a dumb issue when I go to paint the walls. Sometimes when I use the paint tool that does the whole room instead of one space at a time, it will paint the whole inside of that room plus the backside of that room which is actually the inside of another room or actually the exterior of the house. It doesn't just stop inside the space I've created it extends beyond any intersecting walls I've put up basically. Then I have to go to one at a time paint and fix it. What's the deal?
Test Subject
#96 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by melbrewer367
How do these stupid walls and rooms work?? lol I don't like using the 'room' tools that plop down like a square or L shaped base and then you can push and pull to get the size you want. I prefer to just draw my walls where I want because I'll usually put like two sides and then places some objects to get my sizing right and then add more walls and move on from there. However, I keep running into a dumb issue when I go to paint the walls. Sometimes when I use the paint tool that does the whole room instead of one space at a time, it will paint the whole inside of that room plus the backside of that room which is actually the inside of another room or actually the exterior of the house. It doesn't just stop inside the space I've created it extends beyond any intersecting walls I've put up basically. Then I have to go to one at a time paint and fix it. What's the deal?

Try drawing the room separate from the rest of the building first, if the game automatically adds a floor and ceiling you can move the room into your house, if not something is preventing the game from recognizing it as an enclosed room. Fountains and curved decks seem to cancel the auto-room, although I run into this issue often enough even without those items.

I find it easier to make a square room first and build off that, adding small sections at a time so if the auto-room fails I don't have to start over from scratch.
Instructor
#97 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 8:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mateodon
Try drawing the room separate from the rest of the building first, if the game automatically adds a floor and ceiling you can move the room into your house, if not something is preventing the game from recognizing it as an enclosed room. Fountains and curved decks seem to cancel the auto-room, although I run into this issue often enough even without those items.

I find it easier to make a square room first and build off that, adding small sections at a time so if the auto-room fails I don't have to start over from scratch.

I've done some houses with and without placing the room first. I'll try again and see what I come up with.
Instructor
#98 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gwynne
Do you have to use the cas.fulleditmode cheat to add tattoos to an existing sim?

Every time I do this, the game stalls on the loading screen after CAS indefinitely. But cas.fulleditmode has always seemed to be very broken. But that brings me back to: you can really only get tattoos on your sim at the original creation screen??

There's a reason it stalls and breaks, you need to switch to outfits or something else before you exit cas, because it needs to know what outfit you want your sim dressed in before it can load live mode, I learned about this myself a while back
#99 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 5:50 AM
Can you teleport a Sim that isn't a part of the household on the lot? Because I hosted a wedding party and the bride didn't show up, and I called her over and she said "she's busy right now" and I was like oh shit. o_O
Scholar
#100 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 9:20 AM
Is there a way to sell everything at once from the family inventory?

A lot of crap ended up in there after renovating my old crappy house. Too many items and the way menu's and screens pop up with this fancy delay, I got tired of deleting all those items one by one. So if anyone has a solution for this, it would be very welcome. A solution to get rid of the delay in menu's (the way it fans out) and screen pop up would be nice too.
Page 4 of 86