Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#1351 Old 10th Jan 2019 at 12:45 AM
Got two questions this time:

1.Does anyone else have an issue where hair colors keep changing when you leave CAS? This has happened to me twice now...particularly to child sims (though that may just be a coincidence). I edited a sim in CAS to set her hair style for a specific outfit. But when I exit CAS,the style is there, but the color is now blonde when it was supposed to be black. And every time I go into CAS to fix it, it changes back to blonde when I go back into the game.

and

2. When famous sims sign autographed pictures of themselves, is there a reason my sims end up just signing papers with grey blobs on them, when I've seen other people's sims actually sign their own pictures?

The Receptacle still lives!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#1352 Old 10th Jan 2019 at 1:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2

1.Does anyone else have an issue where hair colors keep changing when you leave CAS? This has happened to me twice now...particularly to child sims (though that may just be a coincidence). I edited a sim in CAS to set her hair style for a specific outfit. But when I exit CAS,the style is there, but the color is now blonde when it was supposed to be black. And every time I go into CAS to fix it, it changes back to blonde when I go back into the game.

and

2. When famous sims sign autographed pictures of themselves, is there a reason my sims end up just signing papers with grey blobs on them, when I've seen other people's sims actually sign their own pictures?

Yes I had the hair color change bug (not sure if I still have it but the few households I have played recently and updated in CAS have not had the issue. My game has problems like this ALLL the time. It's usually mod conflict related so I just wipe the Sims 4 file, start the game so it makes a new directory and add things in slowly until the issue is resolved. So I can't be sure what caused the problem for me.

There is only one way to avoid criticism: do nothing, say nothing, and be nothing. -Aristotle
Scholar
#1353 Old 10th Jan 2019 at 8:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2

and

1. I have the same issue only with eyebrows. it's an EA bug, happens in vanilla as well, but could be related to wrong hair tagging by cc creators.
EA have claimed to fix it, but claims aside, the issue remains..
the workaround that I've found that most of the times works, is (if you're using MCCC) to click on the sim > MCCC > cas > edit household in cas
change the hair to the correct color, check that it is correct in all of the outfits > save and hope for the best..

2. I've seen it too, but you can check how it actually looks like if you switch to an household that got your sim autograph (as they do get it, even as NPC)
it should be in their inventory. I'm playing rotational, so I always switch around, and so far the actual autographs of my other sims looks like they should once given..
Idk why it sometimes looks weird while signed tho.
Scholar
#1354 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 5:41 PM
Just can't work out what Use Fresh Ingredients on the cook menu means, even unchecking I can still cook the same foods. Is this supposed to be cheaper, or healthier ??.. hmmm....
Scholar
#1355 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
Just can't work out what Use Fresh Ingredients on the cook menu means, even unchecking I can still cook the same foods. Is this supposed to be cheaper, or healthier ??.. hmmm....

I believe it's cheaper if you have the ingredients in the fridge, since you don't have to buy them (when cooking with stuff you don't have, you buy the stuff automatically)
I'm not sure if it effects the food quality as there are several factors who does.. (like the fridge quality, stove quality, cooking skill and mood)
I only know that if you eat fresh vegetables and such (usually from your sim's inventory after harvesting/buying it) your sim gets a positive buff, depends on the plant's quality
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1356 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 8:22 PM
I think it makes the meals cheaper to prepare. If you use high quality ingredients then Sims might get a positive buff too.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Mad Poster
#1357 Old 27th Jan 2019 at 12:20 AM
Is there a Compressorizer (or similar program) for TS4? I'm working on some big files with lots of textures, an it would be nice to get them down in size...

Also, is it possible to repository/slave TS4 objects? The ones I'm making have different meshes but uses the same textures.
Scholar
#1358 Old 27th Jan 2019 at 11:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22

Also, is it possible to repository/slave TS4 objects? The ones I'm making have different meshes but uses the same textures.

It certainly is, and great idea too, first make a copy of the parent package to your C:\Users\{Username}\Documents\Sims 4 Studio\Mods folder where you want to the textures from and so you can see what your doing.

Open up both packages, parent and the slave one.

Delete all existing textures from the slave

Go to your CAS Part(s) on both packages, copy the DiffuseMap instance number from the Parent and paste it into your slave's DiffuseMap instance number box, and repeat on every swatch as needed. (if you like you can even "borrow" a shadow and specular map from the parent too (if you geeky want to shrink it further)

If you copied your parent package to C:\Users\{Username}\Documents\Sims 4 Studio\Mods you can then check your slave that the textures are all there and are linked correctly.

Well this refers to CAS parts, not objects. But not only just this incredibly reduces the filesize and improves performance, but it's leaves you so much room for more CC.

And thanks to @Keren and @Menaceman44 for clearing up my previous question.
Mad Poster
#1359 Old 27th Jan 2019 at 9:42 PM
I'm working on deco objects, but perhaps it's still possible? I know Brazenlotus has slaved textures before (they've got lots of extracted files that use the ingame textures).

Do you happen to know if there's a tutorial on how to do this (preferably with pictures) anywhere? I've mostly dealt with changing/extracting meshes and texures in S2S before, and only barely touched the rest of the resources, so I'm still quite green on what all the other settings and buttons do. S2S is a bit more intuitive than SimPE or S4PE, but only the basics like meshing/textures/categories.
Top Secret Researcher
#1360 Old 27th Jan 2019 at 11:20 PM
My sim was abducted, and ended up with twin aliens. Are they supposed to be insatiable, game busting cry babies who never stop crying? I'm playing three sims and two of them are full time caretakers.

Sims are better than us.
Scholar
#1361 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 6:14 AM
I'm working on deco objects, but perhaps it's still possible? I know Brazenlotus has slaved textures before (they've got lots of extracted files that use the ingame textures).

Do you happen to know if there's a tutorial on how to do this (preferably with pictures) anywhere? I've mostly dealt with changing/extracting meshes and texures in S2S before, and only barely touched the rest of the resources, so I'm still quite green on what all the other settings and buttons do. S2S is a bit more intuitive than SimPE or S4PE, but only the basics like meshing/textures/categories.

I don't know of any tutorial or even if there is one about it, just takes practice starting with other more basic task with S4S, with time you will find your own way to achieve your goals, my description is just an average direction to keep in mind, you find your own and probably easier way. There is creator supports in Discord and S4S S4S itself. GL
Scholar
#1362 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 7:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
My sim was abducted, and ended up with twin aliens. Are they supposed to be insatiable, game busting cry babies who never stop crying? I'm playing three sims and two of them are full time caretakers.

Quote:
Alien babies have a very, very alarming echo-y cry that can really affect you when wearing a headset. Trust me. Give the babies what they want and stop that crying ASAP.

http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/lifestates/aliens.php

It doesn't say anything about special needs they have, so I'm assuming it's the usual hunger, bladder and attention.. (people tend to forget the last one)
Top Secret Researcher
#1363 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/lifestates/aliens.php

It doesn't say anything about special needs they have, so I'm assuming it's the usual hunger, bladder and attention.. (people tend to forget the last one)

I fed it. I changed the diaper. I played with it (there were several options), I sushed it... I tried everything.
Okay, off to Sixam with you!
I mean, Sims 3 if you didn't want to be impregnated by aliens you could
1) Play a teenage boy instead of an adult or young adult.
2) Ditch the rape rocks space rocks. 5% probability each.
3) Stay away from the telescope on your home lot. 15% each night it's used.

And then when you did get a baby you were certain to cover everything if you
1) Changed diaper
2) Fed
3) snuggled.
4) Played with.
Not so Sims 4!

And in sims 4, they just come for no reason, and they keep coming and grabbing your male sims. I'm using MC Pregnancy to stop this.

Sims are better than us.
Top Secret Researcher
#1364 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 9:49 PM
Alien abductions in sims 4 are ridicilous lmao. Before it was only using a telescope for a long time at night and there was just a slight chance still. Then in sims 3 it was either by using a telescope at night, or befriending an alien, which again, was a rare thing because they rarely stay for long and rarely come back.

Sims 4 it's like... aliens everywhere, you can visit them with two objects built, abductions are often and you can even increase the chance of their arival with yet another object. Lmao it's a joke.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1365 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 10:26 PM

There's this tutorial over at the Studio forums but it is a bit outdated > http://sims4studio.com/thread/961/l...e-frame-package
It has pictures and might at least point you in the right direction. Be aware that some of the labels in the program have changed since this tutorial was released.

Mad Poster
#1366 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 12:56 AM
^ I asked over at S4S, and it turns out it was as easy as making a selective clone and unticking the "textures" box. Seems to be working, though I haven't tested ingame.

I wish it was that simple in SimPE...

Also, I had a brainfart moment where I completely forgot it's possible to resize items ingame, so I may get away with far fewer objects than I initially thought (I have to check if they actually resize to workable sizes, though). It is possible to resize objects down from the original size, right? I haven't played TS4 in quite a while (my laptop is failing, and barely runs TS2 without complaining) so I can't remember.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1367 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 11:04 AM
It wasn't originally when they implimented the feature but you can now.
The game doesn't seem to scale the footprint though. So if you take a large object that can block routing and scale it down really tiny, it might still block routing depending where you put it.

Mad Poster
#1368 Old 29th Jan 2019 at 10:17 PM
The objects are small, and I don't think anyone would need to size them up/down much.
Top Secret Researcher
#1369 Old 8th Feb 2019 at 7:29 PM
Default Glitch on Drought of Reconfiguration (Vampires)
If you take the drought of reconfiguration, you get all your vampire points back and your powers and weaknesses are a clean slate.
But if you click a power that is one of the three steps, like sunlight resistance, and you had it before, then it glitches -you can't select all three.
Anyone have a work around for this or can give me a clue about it?

Sims are better than us.
Top Secret Researcher
#1370 Old 8th Feb 2019 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
If you take the drought of reconfiguration, you get all your vampire points back and your powers and weaknesses are a clean slate.
But if you click a power that is one of the three steps, like sunlight resistance, and you had it before, then it glitches -you can't select all three.
Anyone have a work around for this or can give me a clue about it?

Save, quit the game, and restart and everything will be fine.

Sims are better than us.
Lab Assistant
#1371 Old 26th Feb 2019 at 4:02 AM
Is there a way to create Sims but NOT have it saved to the Library? I'm tired of just making filler Sims but when I go back through my Library it's filled with those Sims I will never use again.
Test Subject
#1372 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 8:59 AM
Is there no way for children to get the Get Fit scout badge? They can't use workout equipment or work out from the TV, doing pushups or situps does nothing, and making her dance for a while didn't make the icon pop up. Is it intended that only teens should achieve the top scout level?
Lab Assistant
#1373 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 11:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kgottwald
Is there no way for children to get the Get Fit scout badge? They can't use workout equipment or work out from the TV, doing pushups or situps does nothing, and making her dance for a while didn't make the icon pop up. Is it intended that only teens should achieve the top scout level?

Dancing should work, just have to keep doing it long enough.
Top Secret Researcher
#1374 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 4:47 PM
My stupid question is why are there hundreds of shoot-em-ups out there, but only one life simulation game? Seems there ought to be some competition.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#1375 Old 27th Feb 2019 at 5:07 PM
When will LGR make a video?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Page 55 of 86