Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 4:36 PM
Default It won't show up!
I've had The Sims 4 game for about three months now, and I recently heard about CC. I thought it was pretty cool, so I downloaded a few things I liked from www.thesimsresource.com. I read several forums/threads, from both this site and others, on how to properly install my custom content. I downloaded WinRAR and extracted all the files I downloaded, but I still had a few problems.

My CC would not show up in my game. I went to Game Options > Other > and made it so the items would show in game, they still didn't.

Someone please help me!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 5:12 AM
You might also need a program called 7-Zip. You are properly putting the ".package" files into your mods folder right? I don't mean to question you but sometimes people put the folder instead of the actual file in their mods folder and it won't work.
Test Subject
#3 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 2:41 PM
I know that, if a CAS CC file is not updated for a recent patch (such as the Gender Options one this past summer or the Toddler's one just recently) it can cause issues where it doesn't show up in CAS. TSR isn't always known for keeping their content up to date as they don't have a policy on it (whereas MTS tends to expect either updates, notification of no updates or "passing the baton" to someone who does update). It really all depends on the files downloaded and the creators involved.

Assuming you have downloaded CAS clothing (that is a Sims 4 .package file) then it's possible that the clothing was borked in a previous patch (such as the Gender Options one). Your best case scenario is to download Sims 4 Studio and run the fix for it (I think it's labeled with something like "gender" or "CAS batch fix". It takes five seconds to do a whole Mods folder and then things should show up in your game if that was the problem.

If this does not fix your problem, can you give us more of an idea of what kind of CC you have downloaded? Are you all patched as much as you can be? Have you tried: clearing cache files, repairing your game, renaming your Sims 4 folder and replacing your mods folder in the newly generated file, and/or uninstalling and reinstalling your Sims 4 game(s)? Does any CC show up (such as a Buy mesh vs. a CAS mesh)? Do you have Resource.cfg file in your Mods folder? How is your Mods folder set up (certain levels of folders are supported and beyond that the game can't read them)?

Since you are new to downloading CC: Sims 4 patch updates tend to mess with the content - even simple objects like CAS or Buy/Build can become outdated as each patch occurs. Custom content takes upkeep and sometimes glitches occur and you can't fix them. It's always best to keep your mods folder organized in a way that makes sense to you so you can access CC easily when you need to.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#4 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 4:15 PM
Did you know you have to use the "enable custom content" option in your game settings?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)