Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 29th Jul 2007 at 12:35 AM
Hopefully one of you can help me:

I followed the tutorial until the part where you re-assign the categories. However, as soon as I click "set" as mentioned under #6, all my previous ticks (pj, swimwear etc) are set back to the default. Does anyone know why and how I can solve this?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 7:38 AM
I've got the same problem as Yuurei.
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#28 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 5:53 AM
no idea - I'm not home so I can't access my simpe. Hopefully someone else will know.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
#29 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 6:04 PM
I had a similar effect with it unticking my selections after hitting set. To fix it I would just reset them to what I wanted and hit set again. At that point the modification stuck.
Test Subject
#30 Old 18th Oct 2007 at 9:50 AM
Im am trying to change clothing catagories, as many of the clothes I have downloaded show in way too many.

I followed the above procedure and have experienced the same problems as the ticks being reset back to original when set is pressed. If I do it a second time they stick. So far so good. But when I go back and look at the item the ticks are back in the orginal settings. If I hit save it wants to give me an .csv file, which I dont know what that is and according to this thread its not nesscary.

Using SimPE 0.62.1.100

thanks for any help in advance
Analog Kid
Test Subject
#31 Old 14th Nov 2007 at 10:10 AM
Is there any way to make accessories not appear except when wearing specific clothing categories?

For instance, is there a way to make an accessory only appear when the sim is wearing formal?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#32 Old 14th Nov 2007 at 11:21 AM
yes of course. set the code to formal only

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Test Subject
#33 Old 14th Nov 2007 at 6:45 PM
What is the category "skin"? I noticed it never seems to be checked for anything, what does it do?
Test Subject
#34 Old 1st Dec 2007 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yuurei
I followed the tutorial until the part where you re-assign the categories. However, as soon as I click "set" as mentioned under #6, all my previous ticks (pj, swimwear etc) are set back to the default. Does anyone know why and how I can solve this?

I was having the same problem. They initially set back to the default, but when I closed it and rescanned the folder, the changes appeared.

"I'm nobody's puppet!" --Dominar Rygel XVI
Test Subject
#35 Old 22nd Apr 2008 at 3:05 AM
This article gives me lots of help, thank you!
Test Subject
#36 Old 18th May 2008 at 6:09 PM
I am having a problem, probably out of my SimPE version 68.2.31354.

I follow all of the instructions, I go to operations and scroll down to clothing options, but I can not tick it. I can not click anything its like its all been grayed out. If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know
Test Subject
#37 Old 5th Jun 2008 at 3:39 AM
I don't know whether I'm posting in the right spot, but this was the closest I got to solving my problem and hopefully it's just a quick answer or somebody knows where to direct me. I have a wand mesh accessory that shows up under glasses. It's really easy for me to use because the sim can never put it down and leave it somewhere if it is technically a part of him. The only problem is that while having the wand, the character cannot wear glasses. Is there some way to rename an item or accessory as another type? Can I make the wand show up under facial hair instead of glasses? Or is there a hack that can let the sim wear 'two glasses'?
Test Subject
#38 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 7:58 PM
I was wondering is there a way to make accessories wearable with other accessories.

How to make Voldey mad: Imperius his Death Eaters into a rousing chorus of All Things Bright and Beautiful-Mugglenet
Test Subject
#39 Old 6th Jun 2008 at 10:09 PM
I return a year later!

Yeah, so... I tried this, but I'm using the version compatible with FreeTime. Whenever I try to set an accessory to be available with all clothing and click "set", it only just reverses what I just did---unchecks the clothing options I had had. Sometimes it sticks, but when I close it and try it out in the Sims 2, it doesn't work as it should.

Help? Or am I completely and utterly doing it wrong?

I never retreat - but I sometimes advance in the opposite direction
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 23rd Jul 2008 at 4:33 PM
Thanks a lot, just what I was looking for!
Test Subject
#41 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 12:33 AM Last edited by asenia : 6th Apr 2009 at 1:45 AM.
I would like to ask if anyone found a fix around the issue of the "set" option reverting the category sets back the default settings, when trying to REMOVE selected categories? [N.B.I do not have the item equipped on any Sim]
^
EVEN AFTER A RE-SCAN.

I can not get the category options to change for the life of me, it is rather frustrating when my Lara Croft has her gun holsters sticking through her formal dress in CAS

Actually, I would like to add, that at one point I did actually manage to remove the "tick" from Formal, however in-game they still show up.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Test Subject
#42 Old 3rd Aug 2013 at 6:43 AM
Default Thanks!
Thank you so much! I was making ears for my Persecom (chobits) sim, and I was so mad because the ears are supposed to STAY on. Anyways, I followed all the steps and am about to start up TS2 to see if it worked. Thanks, doll!
Page 2 of 2